Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Random Ramblings - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 11:08 am

Haha yeah I suppose that's pretty fair...  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 8:10 am

Black Rider, they don't move to Vienna.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 10:38 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
I'm sure no one is interested in this.

But for me it's so very important.

My daughter and son- in- law don't move to Vienna - Austria.

That is great news (at least for you).  I am sure you are happy to keep them with you. Very Happy

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 11:10 am

Sorry Vu2, I misunderstood.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 1:24 pm

I've been cleaning my room lately. After years of wanting to hold on to things in case I missed them later, I'm learning to discern what I can throw away or recycle or repurpose. As a result, there is less stuff floating around, which is a Good Thing in my book.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 10:31 am

Growing up we moved so much I learned to not keep things. I've gotten rid of things that my wife uses so I've had to learn to slow down on that.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 3:24 pm

Driven wrote:
I've been cleaning my room lately. After years of wanting to hold on to things in case I missed them later, I'm learning to discern what I can throw away or recycle or repurpose. As a result, there is less stuff floating around, which is a Good Thing in my book.

My grandmother passed a few years back, but at the time she needed to move closer to us (she was unable to do anything for herself anymore), we helped move her entire house. This woman was a small hoarder, not one you see on TV, she was much more tidy and cleaner, but, and I quote her: "Well, the reason I have at least 3 of everything is in case something breaks, then I'll have another one." This woman had 3 to 5 of EVERYTHING ! Toasters, alarm clocks, plungers, over the counter medicines, counter top ovens, small heaters, fans, VCRS... on and on. AND she was an oil paint artist, so she had endless art supplies. When we moved her, she said she knew exactly what she had and didn't want anything thrown away ! 

I said all that to say this:
I AM CURED of any need to hold onto things for ANY reason. My wife is so pleased I had that experience as it changed the way I used to be about stuff(junk).... Course she wishes it would carry over to my music collection  Laughing I said THAT is a different animal altogether  Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 11:30 pm

Saturday afternoon our kitchen sink backed up.  Took the pipes apart, found a little mess but the drain was still holding water.  Long story short: 50 foot drain auger later, we can use the kitchen sink again!

Last edited by Xid on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 7:39 am

Blacl Rider, it's no problem.
I often misunderstood things here.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 6:15 pm

I survived Special Olympics 2019.

I am glad that it is over.

We should not be forced as school personnel to take the kids on this outing.  While many do enjoy it, a large number of autistic and other disabled kids absolutely hate being in the heat, hate people yelling at them (even if it is to cheer them on), and couldn't care less about running or jumping.  Most of the lower functioning don't even care about the ribbons they win.

Shift it to Saturday and let the parents take them if their kids want to participate.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 8:37 am

That's too bad Chris. Way back when my wife did a special Olympics but it was voluntary and she said it was fun.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 6:51 pm

Another year, another flat tire. I'm not sure what happened. It was okay on Sunday, but on Monday it was a pancake. My dad and I emptied an entire air compressor tank into it and it didn't inflate one bit. It wasn't until we jacked the car up that it took its shape. It was leaking from the inside of the wheel, around the bead. We took it off the car and put it back up to 30psi. I have a full-size spare, thankfully, so I have that on while I think about what I'm going to do with the tire - first check the pressure, then possibly take it to a shop to have it inspected. I can't see any cracking on the tire, which is not a bad sign. Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm also thankful my dad helped me out and brought his tools out to make things go quicker. I've had to put my spare on by myself, and it's quite doable, but it definitely helped to do that as a team.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 9:25 am

Went to a conference in Louisville, KY this week and got back yesterday.  It was a good conference though.  Got some good ideas to work with here at work.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Louisville is a nice place to visit.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 12:57 pm

I am SOOOOO BORED!  I have taught how to find teh surface area of prisms, cylinders, and pyramids 5 times so far, and I don't know if I am going to be able to handle doing it a 6th.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Find a new way to teach it then, messiaen. Props anyone?    Smile
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 11:19 pm

I am off for a holiday. I'm meeting my Mum and both of my sisters (one is based in Vancouver and the other in the UK) in Hawaii. Yay! SO chuffed. I haven't seen my eldest sister (the UK-based one) in a little over three years. It's been 18 months since I last saw Mum or my other sister. Needless to say, I'm extremely excited. Just wanted to wish you all a very happy Easter.

Peace  🖤 ☮ ✝
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 11:29 pm

Have a good holiday and Happy Easter!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 12:12 am

Thanks D. I plan to  Smile
Maybe by the time I get back those three minions will have reached their pants. Happy Easter
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 10:43 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 8:19 am

Today is Palm Sunday!  Happy Holy Week, everyone!  Rejoice in the Lord!!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 am

Amen!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Despite being an older congregation that I am pastoring, we still had twelve children show up today.  My wife was prepared to teach them in Sunday School and Children's Church as our people aren't real good at being prepared.  They seem to just want to maintain what they have.  They say they want to grow, but they want to do scarce little to do so.  i am pushing them to get up as there is no retirement from serving the Lord until He calls you home.

I said all this to really get to my point:  I am praising the Lord that we had 12 children this morning!  Will they all come back?  I don't know.  I hope they do, but at least they were there to hear the gospel today.  Sure, they were there for the big dinner we had after church and for the egg hunt we did today.  Regardless, they were there to hear about Jesus.  For that, I am thankful and grateful!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 7:45 am

I hope those 12 kids come back.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 6:25 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
I hope those 12 kids come back.

I surely hope so!  I just want to fill the church with people who are hungry for the Lord.  I don't care if they are young or old.  Let the Lord draw whomever He will.  Just build Your kingdom, Lord!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 31 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next