Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Maybe she realized you were Big Chris and was expecting you to offer her your autograph.
lol!

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 7:50 am

Seven months and still going  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 8:08 am

What?  This thread?  No, it has been going much longer.  The board automatically trims this when it hits a certain number of pages.  This thread has literally been around for YEARS!  I hope it continues as long as this board does!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 9:49 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I was made to feel extremely uncomfortable today at Walmart.  I had a few things to pick up.  When I was done, I headed to one of the automatic checkouts with the longer belt simply because they were empty.  Well, that, and they are taller so people like myself can use them easily.

Anyway, the lady who was over all the automatics who should have been at her little desk thingie watching everything from there came over to my unit.  I had everything from my buggy (cart for you Yankees) on the belt to start scanning.  As soon as I lifted my first item, she crossed her arms and stared at me the whole time I was ringing myself up.  I only had like 6 items and nothing high priced.  I felt like she was expecting me to either steal from the store or for me to blow up the whole system by trying to use a computerized checkout.  If I was gonna steal anything, why bother going through a checkout in the first place!  If I didn't feel comfortable with the machine, wouldn't I have ASKED for her help?

Either way, it made me feel uncomfortable.  I remember the lady's face.  If this happens again, I will speak to a manager about it.  You can watch someone without having to hover over them.
Random Ramblings - Page 33 DfOIYptUYAEKLm9
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I love the self-checkouts.  I wouldn't if I had a big bunch of groceries.  But, if you have 10 items or less, they are great in my opinion.

Before the self checkers, Walmart here would have like 6-8 registers open.  People talk about how these new machines will cost us jobs.  Well, in Lebanon, TN, you will notice that a third of the registers are now self check machines.  They still have 6-8 regular registers open, though.  So, it looks to me that these have helped create jobs because now you usually have TWO people manning each self-check area PLUS the regular checkers, too.
Me too, but then again, I try to avoid dealing with people more than absolutely necessary.

Our Walmart lost its best checkout person anyway.  Alex the transitioning transgender Wiccan.  She was great.  Now we have Phyllis who takes 15 minutes to scan 10 items and somehow uses 12 bags.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 7:04 am

Quote :
Our Walmart lost its best checkout person anyway.  Alex the transitioning transgender Wiccan.  She was great.  Now we have Phyllis who takes 15 minutes to scan 10 items and somehow uses 12 bags.

lol! That sounds like our local supermarket Stater Brothers. Our checkers ain't bad, it's the kids who bag the groceries. I don't wanna be rude and tell em I'll just bag em, but I'm getting to that point. One young girl you can tell does NOT want to be there. She's not pleasant and bags as slow as Phyllis takes to scan. Another tall kid can't help it, I think he's "slow". I'm very polite and thankful to him, but it........ takes....... forever..... to ...... bag...... my .......... stuff....  Rolling Eyes No Once in a while the checker will help him, oh and not to mention the WAY they bag... Sheesh ! Back when I bagged in the late 80s, we had training classes on how to be fast and how to bag - what went together, how heavy each bag, etc. It seems like today all that is out the window. Including courtesy.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 7:06 am

I always was so different than others. I like hard metal, hard rock music while most people like worship music.
I like cooking, reading, art, music.
I've never had many friednd, not at school, but also not now.
That's why I love it to have digital friends with the same interest for Christian hard rock and metal music.
People who like to see me here on CHM.
People who don't think "oh she again, so so shy and introvert".
Here on CHM we accept people who they are.
We don't judge each other here, but accept each other.
That's why I love it to be a member of the CHM family.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 10:32 am

Amen, Sister!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 11:43 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
I always was so different than others. I like hard metal, hard rock music while most people like worship music.
That's why I love it to have digital friends with the same interest for Christian hard rock and metal music.

I love this post!  Absolutely fantastic.  cheers

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 12:39 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

What?  This thread?  No, it has been going much longer.  The board automatically trims this when it hits a certain number of pages.  This thread has literally been around for YEARS!  I hope it continues as long as this board does!

Actually, I was referring to the accident.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 2:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Holy cow it's been 7 months since your accident!  Seems like only yesterday.  Hope you are continuing to improve.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 3:02 pm

"Give your kid a fish everyday vs teach your kid to fish" doesn't matter anymore... they still want free fish.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Staybrite wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:

I love this post!  Absolutely fantastic.  cheers

This could have been my post, word for word (.. well, accept maybe the word "she"... I suppose)  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 2:03 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Holy cow it's been 7 months since your accident!  Seems like only yesterday.  Hope you are continuing to improve.

Yep, I'm definitely moving around a lot better now. But it's a long process - they say it's about a year recovery.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 2:41 pm

We are lucky to still have you here with us, I'm sure Mrs TTDR would agree.
Not everyone can survive getting run over by a car.

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 9:11 am

Staybrite wrote:

Well, technically, I wasn't "run over" by a car.  I was hit by a car.  But yes, it is providence that I am still here.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 2:12 pm

7 months after the accdident TTDR?
I hope your your health has improved since that time.

I agree with Staybrite, it's great to have you here.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Yes, I've actually started jogging some.  Definitely not at the pace I was before but it's a start  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Well, technically, I wasn't "run over" by a car.  I was hit by a car.  But yes, it is providence that I am still here.

Patayto Patawto.... still meant too long in the hospital.  geek

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 7:07 am

Another project is almost finished.  Time to start getting ready for the next one  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 5:12 pm

I am so glad to be home from children's church camp!  I was the director this year for our county wide kids camp that our Baptist association does each summer.  I have been there for four nights and have worked my butt off (not literally, but it would definitely get smaller if I worked like that all the time!).  We had 5 kids from our county be saved while we were there.  AMEN!!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Right on!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 4:12 am

Great news!

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 7:31 am

This summer is hot and very dry.
It seems it is never ending.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 3:28 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
...I had everything from my buggy (cart for you Yankees) on the belt to start scanning.

It's trolley or trundler here   Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next