Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Random Ramblings - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 12:50 pm

I was looking at CCTV at work the other day, and I noticed a shiny bald spot on the back of my head. It's starting, folks. Sad  #OldLivesMatter
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 1:49 pm

I've been busy converting all my .odt documents to PDF.  Time-consuming but worth it!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Samson wrote:
I was looking at CCTV at work the other day, and I noticed a shiny bald spot on the back of my head. It's starting, folks. Sad  #OldLivesMatter

That started for me when I was 22.  It's a sad day

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 3:00 pm

I started going grey when I was 24.  I blamed it on a colleague!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Hand's in a splint. Doh
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 5:38 pm

Samson wrote:
My hair is definitely a whole lot thinner than it used to be.

Jen5 wrote:
Hand's in a splint. Doh
I shattered the tip of my left index finger many, many moons ago.  Couldn't play guitar for about 3 months.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Ouch
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Yup.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Hearing a metal version of Mexican Radio and Rock Lobster is surreal.

Please tell more Very Happy

This weekend was an emotional rollercoaster. I won't go into details, but I'm left here having to trust God, which is maybe not such a bad thing, but it'll be a challenge to learn to submit to His timing... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 11:29 pm

Samson wrote:

Me too pal. Me too. I saw the same on a camera a couple of years ago and went home and played this song:

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 4:51 am

ROTFL

Is nothing sacred? A song about baldness? Really??  lol
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 9:36 am

Now to top it by writing a song about having too much back hair!!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 10:46 am

Driven wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Hearing a metal version of Mexican Radio and Rock Lobster is surreal.

Please tell more Very Happy

This weekend was an emotional rollercoaster. I won't go into details, but I'm left here having to trust God, which is maybe not such a bad thing, but it'll be a challenge to learn to submit to His timing... Very Happy

The version of Mexican Radio was done by Celtic Frost while the Rock Lobster song was done by Dead Horse.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 11:42 am

I am super busy with music right now.  I am learning the songs for the play I am going to be in starting on June 15, learning music for the mission trip that I will be gone on from June 10-15, learning song for VBS that is the 2nd week in July, and trying to finish my album.  Now, if I only knew how to be this busy and be able to get a paycheck from it!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:25 pm

I just shave my head these days...not got enough hair left to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 9:46 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Samson wrote:

Me too pal. Me too. I saw the same on a camera a couple of years ago and went home and played this song:

Ah yes, a classic Rush song Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 8:01 am

I buzzed my head for the first time back in 2004 when I had heel spur surgery.  Since I had to bathe in the sink due to not being able to get my stitches wet, I buzzed it off.  I did it again in 2006 when I had the other foot operated on.  I let it grow back out and kept it that way for a while, but I noticed several times how thin my hair was on top.  I buzzed it in 2009 before I started the church where I am the youth pastor and have kept it that way ever since.

As for graying, my beard started turning white a couple of years ago.  I have tried coloring it, but that doesn't work too well.  My beard is too course for that.  I started noticing a few gray hairs back in the winter and I bought some shampoo that helps keep your hair your natural color.  Yessir, ol' alldat is using some Just For Men to keep the gray away!  It works, and it keeps me feeling better about myself.  So, since I don't have to actually do a coloring kit, I am fine with it.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 2:21 pm

Just a quick thought:

If someone calls you judgmental, aren't they being judgmental too?

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 8:09 am

I am packing up and headed to Memphis, TN today for a mission trip there with Street Reach.  It will be a hard week for me and my youth, but it will be a good week.  Keep us in your prayers as the area we will be serving in is definitely not safe.  Memphis is 4th in the nation now for violent crime and is close to that level for human trafficking as well.  We went there last year and were scared enough to always be watching out for one another.  Pray that we don't get lax and allow bad things to happen to ourselves.

We will literally go door to door asking for kids to come to a day camp we will do.  A day camp is just doing games, songs, Bible stories, and crafts but in a park or empty field.  Because Street Reach has been there doing this for so many years, the people there will let their kids go with strangers to the day camps.  We walk them back when we are finished.  Last year, there were gunshots across the street from where we were doing the day camp.

This whole movement was started by this tiny church called Brinkley Heights Baptist.  They started doing Street Reach many years ago and even started a private school for the most at risk kids in the 'hood.  It is called the Brinkley Heights Urban Academy.

You can learn more about Street Reach at:  www.streetreach.org

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Go get 'em!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 2:23 pm

So the VBS station I'm working is up in the youth room (Student Ministries Center) and we have one of the youth running the tech for us.  While the kids are doing their activities, we play some music.  Usually it has been the typical hip-hop/EDM influenced versions of worship tunes and modern CCM.  Today, while the K-1 group was in, the kid slides in Petra's Beat the System!  I turned and looked at him and he started explaining to me that this was Christian rock from the mid 80s and who Petra was.  I laughed a bit and told him I owned every Petra album and had actually seen them live on that tour.  He thought it was cool.  He and his buddy love "old" Christian music.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 10:35 am

Yeah, I love that old Christian rock stuff too  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 10:36 am

Hard to believe it's been six months since the accident.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 6:28 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
So the VBS station I'm working is up in the youth room (Student Ministries Center) and we have one of the youth running the tech for us.  While the kids are doing their activities, we play some music.  Usually it has been the typical hip-hop/EDM influenced versions of worship tunes and modern CCM.  Today, while the K-1 group was in, the kid slides in Petra's Beat the System!  I turned and looked at him and he started explaining to me that this was Christian rock from the mid 80s and who Petra was.  I laughed a bit and told him I owned every Petra album and had actually seen them live on that tour.  He thought it was cool.  He and his buddy love "old" Christian music.

I was just listening to Beat The System today. The technology references are amusing in retrospect Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 am

I got back from Memphis last night, took a shower, loaded my musical gear, and appeared in the opening night of the play I am helping do music for!  Whew!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next