Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 7:26 pm

I picked up my passport today. I don't have to think about it until 2028, assuming we're still on the planet by then.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 8:46 pm

I need a passport.  The wife wants to take the kids to Canada sometime since it's only 4 hours away.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Well worth the visit, I think, although you'd be crossing into the Golden Horseshoe, where all the self-important people are. Out here, we're much more humble, and proud to be. Razz

If any of you ever end up in Quebec or even in Ontario for some reason, I'd love to meet and hang out. (Detroit-Windsor is a bit far, though.)
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 4:51 am

messiaen77 wrote:
I need a passport.  The wife wants to take the kids to Canada sometime since it's only 4 hours away.

What?!? We need pasports to go into Canada? It's been a while since I have been but we used to just waltz right in with no problems. Last time I went was around 2004 and I didn't need a passport then. Maybe things have changed.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 am

I guess not technically, but it is supposedly easier than carrying a birth certificate and photo ID.  I'm not sure how, but "they" say so.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 10:47 am

Driven wrote:
I picked up my passport today. I don't have to think about it until 2028, assuming we're still on the planet by then.

Be careful though!  I forgot to renew mine until two days before Veronika and I were supposed to fly to Europe for her to defend her thesis.  There was stress.  However, despite all the crap the US government gets for its ridiculous bureaucracy, their emergency passport division is awesome.  We drove up to San Francisco (the nearest location) in the morning and by the afternoon I had a brand spankin' new passport and was able to fly out the next day as planned.  It was only $80 extra too which for that kind of service is totally fine!  All that to say though, always check your passport long before you need to use it!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 3:38 pm

I didn't have any particular travel plans between the time it expired (last summer) and now. I had to turn down one or two spontaneous trips to the border, only about 45 minutes from here, but apart from that no major inconvenience. Just about everyone here has a passport, since somehow it's cheaper to travel abroad than locally.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 7:31 pm

I Winned!

Bill at Roxx records decided to have a live facebook drawing to give away several autographed copies of a Malachia publicity shot (from back in the day).  He drew names from the people who preordered the upcoming reissue of Malachi's recordings.  And little old me won one of them!  I'm actually kind of excited about it (mostly because I seldom win anything, and it is actually something I will enjoy).  Here is a copy of the promo shot along with the winners that Bill drew earlier today.

Random Ramblings - Page 19 Winner10

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 8:34 pm

Wow, super cool!!!  That is rad.  Congrats!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Congratulations Gary, that's vet gaaf.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 10:29 pm

That is WAY cool StayB ! Good deal man !  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 6:27 am

Congratulations!

The rest of us win, too, as the Malachia CD has shipped.  We will be getting the Malachia and Stryper discs this week if we preordered!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 4:37 pm

I didn't preorder the Stryper disc.  I think I'm going to Spotify the entire album first just to make sure there isn't too much "Chicken in the Crust" weirdness on it.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 pm

I heard that WalMart is refusing to stock the new Stryper cuz of the GD in the title. Is walmart "that" family friendly ?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 3:58 pm

I'm going to pull the plug on Facebook today.  Going to leave it up until I go to bed then it's lights out.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 5:36 pm

We will miss you there, Derek!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Thanks!  I'm glad we can keep in touch here.  I like the old forums better.  The conversations are organized.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Facebook is evil.  It's the best way for me to keep track of which bands are touring where, releasing albums when, etc. so I hang on to it.  I don't use it for socializing hardly at all.  (Though the "marketplace" has helped us sell some of our stuff pretty well.)  One of these days I'll be getting rid of mine as well.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 10:14 am

Xid wrote:
Thanks!  I'm glad we can keep in touch here.  I like the old forums better.  The conversations are organized.

I agree.  The organization of facebook groups/forums stinks.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 12:26 pm

You'll be missed on FB Xid.
Yep, good to keep in touch with you here.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 12:29 pm

Yesterday it was "sister day" for us.
I've one sister abroad and three sisters who live close to me.

First we went to the beach and made a long beach walk.
Then it was time for lunch.
After lunch we took to train to Haarlem.
Our grandmother was born there.
It was cool to be there.

Next year I hope we'll have the next "sister day".
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Sounds like a fun day!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 4:56 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Yesterday it was "sister day" for us.
I've one sister abroad and three sisters who live close to me.

First we went to the beach and made a long beach walk.
Then it was time for lunch.
After lunch we took to train to Haarlem.
Our grandmother was born there.
It was cool to be there.

Next year I hope we'll have the next "sister day".

That sounds great. I'm glad you're all still in touch and having a good time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 8:41 pm

That does sound like a lot of fun.

The weather has started to get nice enough to walk outside again.  I walked almost two miles again and I my legs feel like butter...man I am really out of shape.

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next