Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Random Ramblings - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 10:42 pm

I never had a mullet back in the 80's as I was in the JROTC in high school. It wasn't until I graduated that I started letting it grow. I let it all grow out. I had so much hair some people had asked me if I was in a band.

Random Ramblings - Page 9 1510768_165458213812555_3115721467114399287_n

The second pic is so big I had to use a link.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/11143248_194286930929683_1919459079311999963_o.jpg?oh=7f4b090e23ef28838041c97c375a02ed&oe=5AE7DA21
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 1:12 am

Never had a mullet.  I did have some long hair...but not a mullet.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 2:36 am

LONG LIVE THE MULLET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If society didn't leper-ize the Mullet, I'd still have one people. You get to have the long hair in the back without the hassle of long hair on the sides... keeps the face clear of hair. Society sucks  Razz

PS - Hardkore, I've always dug your hair man - you can rock it !
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 2:50 am

This was my "kind-of-a-mullet" phase...  Laughing

I was actually working on a "tail" - I grew it longer in the back, but every time I went to the barber I had him trim down the sides so my hair in the back was actually like a "V" - I thought it was cool and didn't care what anyone else thought  Cool

Random Ramblings - Page 9 1996_j10
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 3:32 am

Ooo...hardkore hair and a goatee to match.

V or no V, G/F, it's still a mullet.   Smile

Being a girl, I've never worn a mullet...obviously. I did have pink hair for a while though....well, it was blond (my real hair colour at the time) with pink streaks.  lol...what WAS I thinking?!    Embarassed

It turned brown and curly about 10 years ago after having some health weirdness. Can't complain bout that

Oh yeah, it was plum coloured for a while too. THAT was weirdness. Definitely not as cool as hardkore's mane.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 7:24 am

I am so disgusted with my school right now both staff and students.  Both groups complain about there being no school spirit or pride.  I totally agree, and both are just as bad.  We are doing our basketball homecoming this week.  We always do dress up days just to make it fun for the students and many of the staff will play along.  Not this week.  Granted we just came back from Christmas break and the first day many did not remember that this was homecoming or that this was a dress up week.  However, of a school of 2,000 kids and 150 to 200 staff, there have been two of our days that I was the only one participating.  I don't mind as I am just trying to do my part.  The students aren't participating and the staff definitely isn't.  Well, there were two others dressed up on 80s day, but that has been it.  There is no school spirit or pride.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Oh hello Dora! What happy hair you have.

Who did you donate your hair to, Andre? That's awesome

Actually, the hair's still on my desk, I've been way too lazy about it. But I'm wanting to send it to the Canadian Cancer Society Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 3:36 pm

I never had a mullet.
Or, maybe that only was for boys.
My hair was so long, that I almost could sit on it.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I never had a mullet.
My hair was so long, that I almost could sit on it.

Lovely.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Quote :
There is no school spirit or pride.

Every generation says the younger kids are worse than their generation. To some extent yes, but many adults conveniently forget the things they did or didn't do as kids. Now, having said that... I do not believe this about the current gen of kids. When we were kids and teens, most that I knew, hung around with, as well as myself were respectful - using "please" and "thank yous", "Ma'ms" and "Sirs" (and I hung with the metal-heads and punkers). Though we also hated school, we understood the need for education... etc, etc. Today I see SO many kids with incredible apathy, no respect whatsoever, and especially no spirit or pride in ANYTHING outside of their own little bubble of social media and X-Boxes. It's really sad for a Reagan patriot generation to watch a Bill Clinton generation rising up.

Quote :
Well, there were two others dressed up on 80s day, but that has been it.

I'd dress up as 80s day EVERYDAY if I could !   lol!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 12:35 am

Vonnie wrote:
I never had a mullet.

Well, the vast majority of Mullet abusers were male.. mostly white men (though some other nationalities jumped on board as well

Not "all", but most women who sported mullets were/are, well, how do I say this unoffensively.... "Butch" "Fem-Nazi's" "Man haters".... ya get the picture ? If not, well, HERE'S THE PICTURE:

Random Ramblings - Page 9 M_u_l_10
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 am

I have the same haircut now that I have always had. In fact, when I see people in Tennessee who haven't seen me in over 20 years they say I look exactly the same.

Even one of my friends called that I hadn't heard from in a long time. He said "Hey, what are you doing?". And I said "Nothin', just listening to Moving Pictures" and he replied "I could've called 25 years ago and got the same answer!" Smile
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Great Ozzy band, Mike. Did you get to see them play on one of their reunion tours in the past few years?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 1:24 am

Finally saw the new Star Wars movie tonight with my wife.  Not bad at all, kind of fun.  It was a Star Wars flick, not sure what the nay-sayers were expecting.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 8:09 am

Staybrite wrote:
Finally saw the new Star Wars movie tonight with my wife.  Not bad at all, kind of fun.  It was a Star Wars flick, not sure what the nay-sayers were expecting.

They wanted all their little widdle fan theories to be right.  I made a few myself even here thinking that Rey would be a Palpatine.  It didn't happen the way I thought.  To be honest, I am glad that they didn't go with all the fan theories or we would have already known what was going to happen.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 12:41 pm

The problem with fan theories is that there would be no way to make all of them right anyway.  If people want the movie to go in a direction so bad that they can't appreciate the direction the actual film takes maybe they should just make their own movie.  It really seems foolish to make such a big deal out of something you can have zero impact on...especially given that it is just entertainment (really people, come on). 
The one thing I could understand (maybe) is if the movies were supposed to be based on popular novels, but veered way off on some tangent not even covered in the book.  Then I could probably understand why people had their collective panties in a bunch.

I'm just glad that the film was entertaining and didn't have countless scenes ruined by horrible acting or annoying CGI characters, like episodes 1-3.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 12:55 pm

I agree, I loved it I don't understand all the hate. 

Also enjoyed the lack of CGI especially one character that was nice to see!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 1:35 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I agree, I loved it I don't understand all the hate. 

Also enjoyed the lack of CGI especially one character that was nice to see!

Agreed.  Nice that the CGI was not "over done".  However, I think there was still probably quite a bit of it in the movie...but it was just so well done that most people didn't really notice it.  I'm almost certain that the Porg and ice fox characters were completely CGI, they were just so well done that they fit seamlessly into the film.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 2:34 pm

I agree With all of ya Very Happy

(I don't think this is considered a "spoiler" but) I just wish they could've shown some Tauntauns running around in the background. In addition with the whole nostalgic characters that do show up. While I dug the Porgs, I didn't care for the ice foxes - some reason I didn't feel like they were "Star Wars-ish" enough.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 4:23 pm

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST JEDI YET !!!

SPOILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: I loved TLJ, so don't take this hilarious video the wrong way  Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Those were not "ice foxes".  Those were crystal foxes.  That was a salt planet--not an ice planet.  Therefore, no taun-tauns!

I loved the porgs!  I think they should genetically design them for house pets so I could buy one!!!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 pm

We bought some new bedroom furniture right after Christmas.  Then, my wife and I got sick with stomach viruses and we had a lot of cold days.  When we started feeling better and the temps warmed up, it rained a lot.  So, I finally got to go get my furniture on Thursday of this past week.  Then, it snowed on Friday.  Well, due to church services today, we were only able to get the old bed taken down and the new one put together.  But, at least we are now using ONE piece of our new bedroom suit.  Our previous bedroom furnture was only 27 years old.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 10:01 pm

We up north just went through a weather period where temperatures went from well below 0 (-20°C) for nearly two weeks, to 50 (+10°C) and rain for two days, then back down to 0 with freezing rain and then snow. What the heck is this?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 1:01 am

Quote :
Those were not "ice foxes".  Those were crystal foxes.  That was a salt planet--not an ice planet.  Therefore, no taun-tauns!

Wow... I'm getting senile... that or my medication is finally destroying my brain...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 5:45 am

Driven wrote:
We up north just went through a weather period where temperatures went from well below 0 (-20°C) for nearly two weeks, to 50 (+10°C) and rain for two days, then back down to 0 with freezing rain and then snow. What the heck is this?

That sounds like us last week.  We had been having weather where we were in the 20s and single digits at night.  That's cold for Tennessee!!!!  We hit the low 60s on Wed. of last week and 70 on Thursday.  Then, the temps started dropping on Friday and we were back in the 20s by dark and single digits again with a mix of some very light snow and ice.  We are supposed to get between 1-3 inches of snow tonight.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next