Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Random Ramblings - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Amen to that.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Quote :
A lot of bands and artists do nothing but drive-by posts, where they register, make one thread saying "Buy my music!", and never post again. It's even worse on facebook to the point where I left all those groups.

I SHUT DOWN the CHM page just for that very reason.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 7:24 am

I love sandwiches with peanut butter and sprinkles.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 7:27 am

Thumbs Up
Quote :
A year ago, I was at my heaviest weight at 395. Today, I'm now down to 354.
I'm so pround on you Samsom. This is the beginning.
Go on I know you can do this.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 7:34 am

Looks like i possibly have a storm headed my way. Will watch this one closely, if it continues in a north direction we should be fine here but as big as it is we will see some rain. Hope that's all. People here already freaking out, Lowe's, Home Depot, Sam's etc are all out of generators and water bottles. If it makes a turn for the Gulf I will get my generator out and give it a good look over. Haven't started it in a year. Will check the oil in it and gas it up in case we need it. Always good to crank it up every so often anyway.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 7:38 am

Our house survived Harvey as well as the torrential rain the ensued afterwards.  We got over 50" of rain in our area Shocked They originally said that this was a 500 year flood (which our neighborhood's drainage system was planned for) but it turned out to be a 1000 year flood Shocked
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 11:42 am

Jen5 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Where can we hear some of your musical musings?

I wasn't planning to go that way with you folks, but since you asked for it Chris, I'll share. Keep in mind that I'm more songwriter than vocalist (though I keep being asked to sing which I find is amusing). You can find a selection of my songs on my SoundCloud page. I started down the mixing/mastering road last year. What a steep learning curve that's been. Here's one of the first I did on my own:

https://soundcloud.com/jennystokes-nz/in-my-blood-with-bridge-added (this one looks at the inevitability of sin)

Or you could check out this more recent collaboration with John Evans:

https://soundcloud.com/jennystokes-nz/in-your-silence/s-L707q (this one draws words from Isaiah 30:15, Exodus 14:14, and John 3:19)

John has posted a couple of our songs here before so, in fact, you're already familiar with my musical musings. My stuff is pretty varied. It's rock one day and jazz the next.  lol

About your DAW decision...
I've got latency on my mind because I've been helping a friend with his new DAW set-up that is unusable because of latency. He uses a usb set-up. I use an external interface so I've never had an issue with latency. I've never gone the usb route myself, but I know a few people who have. For all of them, their main complaint was latency. Because latency can make recording almost impossible, it pays to make sure that your mic set-up etc is going to work with the DAW you choose. Thought I'd mention that since it's sitting there at the front of my mind at the mo.
Hey Jenny!  Glad to see you around these parts.  We've conversed over on Soundcloud, and I am so glad you've decided to hang out here on our front porch, sip some iced tea, and shoot the breeze.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 12:33 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Looks like i possibly have a storm headed my way. Will watch this one closely, if it continues in a north direction we should be fine here but as big as it is we will see some rain. Hope that's all. People here already freaking out, Lowe's, Home Depot, Sam's etc are all out of generators and water bottles. If it makes a turn for the Gulf I will get my generator out and give it a good look over. Haven't started it in a year. Will check the oil in it and gas it up in case we need it. Always good to crank it up every so often anyway.

I was thinking about you down in FLA when I was watching the news.  Looks like it could be a really bad one.

TTDR wrote:
Our house survived Harvey as well as the torrential rain the ensued afterwards.  We got over 50" of rain in our area Random Ramblings - Page 32 Icon_eekThey originally said that this was a 500 year flood (which our neighborhood's drainage system was planned for) but it turned out to be a 1000 year flood Random Ramblings - Page 32 Icon_eek

I was glad to see your house (and wife) were alright.  Must have been tough with you being in PA away from her during that nasty storm.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 4:14 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I wasn't planning to go that way with you folks, but since you asked for it Chris, I'll share. Keep in mind that I'm more songwriter than vocalist (though I keep being asked to sing which I find is amusing). You can find a selection of my songs on my SoundCloud page. I started down the mixing/mastering road last year. What a steep learning curve that's been. Here's one of the first I did on my own:

https://soundcloud.com/jennystokes-nz/in-my-blood-with-bridge-added (this one looks at the inevitability of sin)

https://soundcloud.com/jennystokes-nz/in-your-silence/s-L707q (this one draws words from Isaiah 30:15, Exodus 14:14, and John 3:19)

John has posted a couple of our songs here before so, in fact, you're already familiar with my musical musings. My stuff is pretty varied. It's rock one day and jazz the next.  lol

I've got latency on my mind because I've been helping a friend with his new DAW set-up that is unusable because of latency. He uses a usb set-up. I use an external interface so I've never had an issue with latency. I've never gone the usb route myself, but I know a few people who have. For all of them, their main complaint was latency. Because latency can make recording almost impossible, it pays to make sure that your mic set-up etc is going to work with the DAW you choose. Thought I'd mention that since it's sitting there at the front of my mind at the mo.
Hey Jenny!  Glad to see you around these parts.  We've conversed over on Soundcloud, and I am so glad you've decided to hang out here on our front porch, sip some iced tea, and shoot the breeze.

I am actually relieved to discover who you are, Jen5.  We had another female on the board a few years back who was quite good at the fine art of deception.  She was removed but found her way back on.  Your posting style is similar, and a couple of us were wondering if it were the same person.  I am quite thrilled that you are not her, and I am thrilled that you are sharing a bit of your personal life with us by connecting yourself to your music projects.  We are glad to have you here as part of our family.  Quite a few of us are on Facebook, too.  You should look us up.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 6:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I am actually relieved to discover who you are, Jen5.  We had another female on the board a few years back who was quite good at the fine art of deception.  She was removed but found her way back on.  Your posting style is similar, and a couple of us were wondering if it were the same person.  I am quite thrilled that you are not her, and I am thrilled that you are sharing a bit of your personal life with us by connecting yourself to your music projects.  We are glad to have you here as part of our family.  Quite a few of us are on Facebook, too.  You should look us up.
Or did we...?  bounce
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 7:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Really??? Busted. I thought I was a better actor than that. Bahahahahahaaa.
I'm sorry alldat, but I find that highly amusing. Me a predator!? lol That just takes the cake. So far from how I see myself.
I'm glad your fears are put to rest. Sorry. I didn't know.

Sipping iced tea and shooting the breeze sounds like my way of spending a Sunday afternoon, messiaen. SO there wit ya. But not on Facebook. Sorry alldat. I opened a Facebook account about 6 months ago because I was told that, professionally, it was a smart thing to do, but it still remains the same shell as the day I opened it. Being the world's biggest techno-idiot, I have no idea what to do with it.   lol

I'll get around to it I'm sure.

BTW, love the new photo alldat. Ken Tamplin is awesome. Such a versatile singer who never compromises on his faith.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 7:15 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

Sounds like you have a good attitude about it. Hope for the best; prepare for the worst, right. I'll be praying for you.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:06 am

As of this morning Irma is projected to Head East (pun?!?) And looks to have a landfall in South Carolina. In fact out forecast for the next 7 days shows no rain. So far we have had some cool breezes and it was cooler this morning. Think we dodged a bullet on my side of the Gulf.

Alldat, I forgot about that fiasco lol so I never even suspected Jen as our Hot Dogs & Mustard. Jen glad you are here it's a great group of people.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:34 am

Glad to be here. Hot dogs and mustard? Huh???
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:56 am

Hotdogs and Mustard was one of the more notorious names that our old friend used while circumventing being banned.

Also, don't feel bad. I'm just as technologically impaired as you are. I'm probably one of 10 people left in the world that doesn't own a smartphone.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 8:56 am

Staybrite wrote:
TTDR wrote:
Our house survived Harvey as well as the torrential rain the ensued afterwards.  We got over 50" of rain in our area Random Ramblings - Page 32 Icon_eekThey originally said that this was a 500 year flood (which our neighborhood's drainage system was planned for) but it turned out to be a 1000 year flood Random Ramblings - Page 32 Icon_eek

I was glad to see your house (and wife) were alright.  Must have been tough with you being in PA away from her during that nasty storm.

Fortunately, she left before the hurricane hit and went to her parents in the DFW area.  I actually went there this past weekend for a few days.  Hopefully she'll be able to find a job up here soon so we can all be back together Smile
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 2:21 pm

There are various technical teams in the engineering department at my school. Some are in vehicle racing competitions (track, bike, baja); some are a little far out like the concrete canoe group; some are epic like the rocket building group. Me? I joined the brewing team, of course. Laughing We join brewing competitions with other schools, and we have a partnership with a major bar in town where we can use their equipment and brew stuff for them. Today, we went hops picking; there are a couple patches of hops in the school's community garden. It should be a fun time with the group.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Samson wrote:
Hotdogs and Mustard was one of the more notorious names that our old friend used while circumventing being banned.

Also, don't feel bad. I'm just as technologically impaired as you are. I'm probably one of 10 people left in the world that doesn't own a smartphone.

Random Ramblings - Page 32 Tumblr_nocwsu1Uxp1ut5t0vo1_500
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Unless you already have a following and/or are out gigging a lot, Facebook is mostly a waste of time.  Folks will come like your page but it pretty much stops there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Xid wrote:
Unless you already have a following and/or are out gigging a lot, Facebook is mostly a waste of time.  Folks will come like your page but it pretty much stops there.

Unless you are intentionally ticking people off with controversial tweets, Twitter is just as bad.  People, for the most part, only listen to artists that the major labels sell to them.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 1:10 am

MikeInFla wrote:
As of this morning Irma is projected to Head East (pun?!?) And looks to have a landfall in South Carolina. In fact out forecast for the next 7 days shows no rain. So far we have had some cool breezes and it was cooler this morning. Think we dodged a bullet on my side of the Gulf.

Alldat, I forgot about that fiasco lol so I never even suspected Jen as our Hot Dogs & Mustard. Jen glad you are here it's a great group of people.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?cone

Well the latest projection shows it turning westward some. I am still in the clear (for now) ,but maybe you should go ahead and pull out the generator. Afterwards ,so far,it looks to be going to TN.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 5:37 am

Hardkore wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?cone

Well the latest projection shows it turning westward some. I am still in the clear (for now) ,but maybe you should go ahead and pull out the generator. Afterwards ,so far,it looks to be going to TN.

Yep, moved a little closer to us but I think we will be fine here. School was called off at 9PM for the ENTIRE STATE for today and Monday.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 6:33 am

I don't know how you guys do it. I just couldn't bear to go through what you go through every hurricane season. I know this one is off the charts, but ANY hurricane is too many for me. I'd be a nervous wreck. I think y'all must have nerves of steel.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 7:43 am

Xid wrote:

I've been sick for a few days now. Chest cold, high fever, seriously tired...blah-di, blah-di, blah. Anyway today I got such a boost. I think I might just have to revise my bad attitude to Facebook. It might just have a place in my world. A couple months ago, we released a song called "I Cry No More." It shares the message that God loves us no matter what. The main lyrics are "I was fallen....filled with greed....when I called out....you healed my pain. I am a sinner but I confess. I cry no more cause I am blessed.....No judgement made just grace bestowed. Healing hands of you mercy my heart is whole........Thank you for this soul you've saved....Thank you for this resting place blahblahblah" In short, it's a great message and one I would love to share with many.

So my lovely musical partner, John, made a video for the song. He posted it on the Facebook page he runs and placed a targetted ad in the USA, Canada, NZ, Australia, UK and France. Wouldn't you know, it got over 4000 hits in the first three hours! We got one share and one lovely, supportive message from a woman who says she loves it. Now I'm not naive. I do realize that many of those 1000s might have turned the song off after 10 seconds in disgust but we just potentially ministered to 4000 people! 4,000!!! I am SO thrilled.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 10:22 am

Jen5 wrote:
I don't know how you guys do it. I just couldn't bear to go through what you go through every hurricane season. I know this one is off the charts, but ANY hurricane is too many for me. I'd be a nervous wreck. I think y'all must have nerves of steel.
It is not always that bad here for me. The last time we got hit head on by a Hurricane was back in '79 (Hurricane Frederic,category 3). I can remember that one pretty good. Otherwise we have only had a few Tropical storms and a couple of hurricanes (category 1 or 2) that hit the Florida panhandle or Mississippi. I live far enough inland that it mainly equates to a lot of wind and rain ,but not so much wind to do any serious damage. We do still get some damage but not like what you see all over the news. Even with Hurricane Katrina we only got the tail end of it.The main bit of damage I remember from Frederic was lots of limbs on the ground and even some uprooted trees, along with the power being out. It's really not that bad unless you live fairly close to the water front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next