Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 4:31 pm

Samson wrote:
I have all but drifted away from rock and metal. I lean especially towards live praise and worship sets bu Jesus Culture, Bethel, IHOP, etc. Nothing to be ashamed of really. Not slighting those musicians that have metal ministries, as I'm aware they have their target audience. It just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

I like that live IHOP, too.  They make some mean pancakes!!!  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 8:41 am

Opening night for the show went well!  We had a crowd of 34 which isn't bad for an opening night.

I won't be in tonight's performance as Holly and I had bought tickets to see The Little Mermaid performed live in Nashville as part of our anniversary present to one another.  So, this show I am in is the type that we can add/subtract characters as needed.  I will sit out this performance, but I will do the remaining 4 nights.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 10:18 am

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 3:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Opening night for the show went well!  We had a crowd of 34 which isn't bad for an opening night.

I won't be in tonight's performance as Holly and I had bought tickets to see The Little Mermaid performed live in Nashville as part of our anniversary present to one another.  So, this show I am in is the type that we can add/subtract characters as needed.  I will sit out this performance, but I will do the remaining 4 nights.

Very cool!
So even for your night off you are still going to see some live theater.  Let us know what you think of the show.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 4:45 am

Truly random thought. It is amazing how the mind digs deep sometimes and pulls out a lost memory. Yesterday I remembered something that happened probably in 1986 or 87. I was either 15 or 16 years old. We lived in a large middle class neighborhood. The kind where you could ride bikes for hours, stay out late and not worry about anything. One night I was riding my bike from my friend's house back home. We had a lot of hills in East Tennessee and it was always fun to ride the hills as fast as possible. I had a 12 speed bike and I put it in 12th gear. I was probably going at least 20 miles per hour. It being dark I guess I could not see very well as the streets had no street lights (you could get them but you had to pay for them. Some neighbors had them and would trade off on the bill from month to month). But at the bottom of this hill were no lights. As I got to the bottom of the hill I came upon 3 people. A mother, grandmother and a daughter (who was a year or two younger than me). I could not stop, I was going too fast and I ran over the mother. This played out in slow motion. I hit the woman and flipped over my handlebars. Miraculously I landed on my feet and didn't get a scratch. The woman wasn't so lucky I plowed into her pretty good. I apologized to no end and she was hurt pretty good but could get up and walk. The front wheel of my bike was bent so I could no longer ride it and had to carry it. Since this is approaching 30 years ago I can't remember all that was said but I picked up my bike and walked home. This was probably in the summer when school was out. Later on when school started I was on the bus. A girl sitting there said "that's the guy that ran over my mom with a bike!". All I could say was "yeah, sorry about that, I really am".

As I think about this random thought I think it is funny... Although it really isn't I am sure you will understand what I mean. Wasn't funny at the time but now I find it pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 9:24 am

I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but I find it humorous now. (c:
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 1:47 pm

That actually sounds like a rather scary experience to me.  Time has a way of letting us see the humor in bad experiences.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Very cool!
So even for your night off you are still going to see some live theater.  Let us know what you think of the show.

Disney's The Little Mermaid on stage was a lot of fun! It was even more musical than the cartoon movie was.  There were some liberties taken with the characters to make the story flow on stage better.  Some of the scenes where Ariel was swimming were done incredibly well and almost looked real at times.  The way they finally got rid of Ursala was changed and I didn't like that change.  Overall, though, it was very well done as it should have been for a professional show like this.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Very cool!  Glad to hear you enjoyed it overall.

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 12:00 am

Okay, so am I reading this thread right? It's for anything and everything? If I'm off base, someone please tell me...

So I have exchange students staying at my house at the moment. The Japanese student speaks very little English...but there they sit...three kids on a mat who can't communicate with words, playing "snap" and "go fish." How gorgeous is that!

Speaking is totally over-rated.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 6:18 am

I admire folks who can open their homes to other people like that.  I have a tiny house (760 sq. feet) and just don't have the room.  Also, I've become so accustomed to it being just me and my wife that I will confess that I don't want to be bothered with company all the time.  We haven't had people over to the house in over a decade and love it that way.  We will always go to someone else or meet them somewhere.  My house is my sanctuary away from the madness of the world.

And, you were right, Jen5.  This thread is for just about anything you want to dump in here.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 7:00 am

Thanks alldat. I wish I could own that compliment, but if I'm being honest, the whole hosting a student thing was kind of thrown at me. It was very last minute (a few days notice) and accompanied by a fair amount of begging on the part of the co-ordinator. The only host she could find was a single mother with two pre-schoolers which was not exactly a fair placement for the fee paying students because...well...I'm just so much cooler than a pre-schooler wouldn't you know.      Laughing
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 8:10 am

"Speaking is totally over-rated."

You just got the introvert vote.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 8:15 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I admire folks who can open their homes to other people like that.  I have a tiny house (760 sq. feet) and just don't have the room.  Also, I've become so accustomed to it being just me and my wife that I will confess that I don't want to be bothered with company all the time.  We haven't had people over to the house in over a decade and love it that way.  We will always go to someone else or meet them somewhere.  My house is my sanctuary away from the madness of the world.

And, you were right, Jen5.  This thread is for just about anything you want to dump in here.

Funny thought - my wife has been to Guatemala several times on mission trips and this is their culture. They meet at the market or church or a restaurant but very rarely will a Guatemalan ever have you to their house.

I only think of it because the team my wife was on during the second week (there was another team there the first week that left) was invited to three different homes and it was quite an honor.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 8:25 am

I hate viruses who make you sick.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 10:27 am

I now own a violin! Very Happy It only has two strings left on it, and the quality of the instrument is dubious, but ya gotta start somewhere. I only practice when away from people.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 10:41 am

I like violin!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 2:24 pm

This is one weird thread. Talk about jumping about the place.

I once tried a violin that was a 1/32nd size (1/64th is the smallest you can get). It was so small that it was just the length of my forearm. Not the nicest of tones (more like a screaming cat than an orchestral sound really), but it was a giggle to play.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 2:44 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Okay, so am I reading this thread right? It's for anything and everything? If I'm off base, someone please tell me...

So I have exchange students staying at my house at the moment. The Japanese student speaks very little English...but there they sit...three kids on a mat who can't communicate with words, playing "snap" and "go fish." How gorgeous is that!

Speaking is totally over-rated.

We hosted two exchange students for 6 months each (one from Germany, on from Japan).  We also hosted a few one week exchange students from Korea (4 in total I think).

I was completely opposed to the idea at first (all my wife's doing), but I warmed up to it very quickly.  It was quite the experience, and I'm glad we did it.  If you have them long enough you quit treating them like guests and just kind of treat them more like your own kids.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 3:18 am

That's a lot of students, Staybrite, and a lot of lives touched. So cool.

Mine have been here 8 days, but it all ends tomorrow.    Sad

I am completely surprised that I have enjoyed the experience. I was dragged into it and ended up loving it....hmm...come to think of it, that's just like so many things in my life. You'd think I'd learn to embrace every new experience as an opportunity by now.  lol
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 5:40 am

Driven wrote:
I now own a violin! Very Happy It only has two strings left on it, and the quality of the instrument is dubious, but ya gotta start somewhere. I only practice when away from people.

Just think if a friend of yours gets an upright bass you will be all set!

Random Ramblings - Page 26 Tumblr_nwyeruffGM1ris28no1_400
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 5:46 am

Don't forget the bad suit.

Had a friend who learned to play the bagpipes. His wife made him practice in the garden shed.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 10:29 am

Bagpipes ROCK!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 11:58 am

Jen5 wrote:

I am completely surprised that I have enjoyed the experience. I was dragged into it and ended up loving it....hmm...come to think of it, that's just like so many things in my life. You'd think I'd learn to embrace every new experience as an opportunity by now.  lol

I'm almost exactly the same way.  My wife often tells me that if it was up to me I would never do anything.  Laughing

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:

I'm almost exactly the same way.  My wife often tells me that if it was up to me I would never do anything.  Laughing

Ha, so she takes the choice out for you ("btw, we're having a student.") and you benefit from her foresight. Nice. Aren't women fantastic!  {no bias or anything}    Wink

My Japanese student burst into tears as we left the house for the last time this morning. Inconsolable. Poor thing. I'm so glad (and relieved) that she enjoyed her stay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next