Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 5:18 pm

I survived kids camp!!!

I only took two kids this year as that was all that signed up.  One little guy talked nonstop from the time we left church until we got back today.  He even talks while asleep!  He never shuts up!!! EVER!!!!  

I love kids and am thrilled that he was saved this week.  I am also thrilled that it will be quiet around my house tonight and that I was able to get a nap when I got home!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 3:27 pm

I finally got my wisdom tooth removed this morning.  Wow, I can't believe how quick they did it.  I was in the dentist office for less than half an hour!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 3:28 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I survived kids camp!!!

I only took two kids this year as that was all that signed up.  One little guy talked nonstop from the time we left church until we got back today.  He even talks while asleep!  He never shuts up!!! EVER!!!!  

I love kids and am thrilled that he was saved this week.  I am also thrilled that it will be quiet around my house tonight and that I was able to get a nap when I got home!

lol!   Glad to hear you survived.  I remember at least two of my children went through the "non-stop talking" phase.  My 17-year old son still does it on occasion.  It can wear you out having to listen to someone talk for too long.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 6:10 am

That has got to be the fastest 10 weeks ever.  Well, it's back to work today!  I've got a day to help my teacher set up the classroom and then the students arrive tomorrow!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 3:06 pm

Good, you didn't deserve any time off!!!
lol!

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 3:31 pm

Right! Welcome to the real world where people have to work all year round!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 5:47 pm

I haven't done community theater in 14 years.  I tried out for a show locally and am doing a redneck spoof of American Idle.  I will be sporting fake tatoos, a mullet, and will be a ladies man.  That should be hilarious considering my size!

We open this coming Friday night.  I will be singing an original song from my next album called "Please Don't Make Me Watch a Chick Flick".  It is an 80s power ballad.

This is what we call "Hell Week".  We practice nearly every night, and if anything can go to.....you get the picture....it will.  LOL

Wish me luck!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 7:37 pm

Best of luck, I'm guessing you will do great.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 6:18 am

In practice last night, I didn't.  I hit the stage and totally blanked out.  I KNOW my my lines, but I totally forgot everything until the main character was able to ad-lib and jump start me.

I nailed my song, though!  It's the lines that are most important!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 7:42 am

It takes som days to get used to the daily school life.
The students have to get used to go back to school.
I hope it goes well for the teachers and other people who help the students.

That's awesome you go back to the community theatre.
It's hilarious you playing an american Idle.
Special the tatoos make me laugh.

I wish you luck with this play.
You can do this. Yep, I know it.
And post a picture please.
Remember when parctises don't go so well this week the paly on Friday will be great.

Let us know how it went.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 10:05 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I survived kids camp!!!

lol!   Glad to hear you survived.  I remember at least two of my children went through the "non-stop talking" phase.  My 17-year old son still does it on occasion.  It can wear you out having to listen to someone talk for too long.

My girlfriend's mom is a bit like that. She's constantly telling us about how so-and-so did this, but you gotta hear this, you gotta hear this, k, so ... Very Happy My girlfriend seems to have inherited part of it, but she is getting better. I also used to talk non-stop, and still do it on occasion, but I've been learning how to shut up and listen to people around me. One can always learn something by listening, even if it's just a lesson learned from listening to someone who shouldn't be saying anything Laughing
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 11:13 am

Driven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I survived kids camp!!!

My girlfriend's mom is a bit like that. She's constantly telling us about how so-and-so did this, but you gotta hear this, you gotta hear this, k, so ... Very Happy My girlfriend seems to have inherited part of it, but she is getting better. I also used to talk non-stop, and still do it on occasion, but I've been learning how to shut up and listen to people around me. One can always learn something by listening, even if it's just a lesson learned from listening to someone who shouldn't be saying anything Laughing

My son has mild ADHD and we can tell when his medicine wears off, or when he's excessively tired - his mouth runs like a lawnmower on full throttle!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 6:19 am

Since it is opening week, I have practice every night this week for the show except for tonight.  I have church tonight.  I am already SO tired, and it is only Wednesday.  Man, 10 weeks off sure made me lazy.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 12:15 pm

I love having a record player. I am however in lack of vinyl, and I don't feel like paying too much for more. I've visited thrift and shops around town, and all they ever seem to have is jazz and gospel records.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 1:29 pm

Driven wrote:
I love having a record player. I am however in lack of vinyl, and I don't feel like paying too much for more. I've visited thrift and shops around town, and all they ever seem to have is jazz and gospel records.

And that's a problem because...?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 5:30 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Driven wrote:

Because he's younger than 50 and likes music that won't put him to sleep.  geek

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 6:18 am

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Driven wrote:

So in a few months, Staybrite will be donating all of his rock CDs to me so he can get some jazz, easy listening, and classical music so he can nap!!!

lol!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 7:42 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 1:23 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Driven wrote:

So in a few months, Staybrite will be donating all of his rock CDs to me so he can get some jazz, easy listening, and classical music so he can nap!!!

lol!

Probably........NOT!  Headbang

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Driven wrote:

lol!

Probably........NOT!  Headbang

Hey, you can't blame a guy for trying, right?  You Rock

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Sure I could....but it wouldn't get me anywhere.  lol!

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 9:29 pm

I have all but drifted away from rock and metal. I lean especially towards live praise and worship sets bu Jesus Culture, Bethel, IHOP, etc. Nothing to be ashamed of really. Not slighting those musicians that have metal ministries, as I'm aware they have their target audience. It just doesn't do anything for me anymore.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Tomorrow night is opening night!  I sure hope this show is amazingly fun for both the cast and audience!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 12:00 pm

Samson wrote:
I have all but drifted away from rock and metal. I lean especially towards live praise and worship sets bu Jesus Culture, Bethel, IHOP, etc. Nothing to be ashamed of really. Not slighting those musicians that have metal ministries, as I'm aware they have their target audience. It just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Nothing wrong with that.  Thumbs Up

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 12:01 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Tomorrow night is opening night!  I sure hope this show is amazingly fun for both the cast and audience!
 Break a leg!

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next