Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Random Ramblings - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Two things:

1.  I love my wife.
2.  What was the point in my wife insisting we should go buy new towels during the 2015 Black Friday sales if she is still going to insist that we use the old ratty towels we got 23 years ago when we got married??

Back to #1--I love my wife.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Roads were pretty slippery last night here too. I had a couple legitimately scary moments, including a tight loop ramp, with a downward grade, with a short merge zone, with traffic coming. I'm normally confident (maybe too confident) with winter driving and handling, but that was a bit unnerving.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 2:55 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Two things:

1.  I love my wife.
2.  What was the point in my wife insisting we should go buy new towels during the 2015 Black Friday sales if she is still going to insist that we use the old ratty towels we got 23 years ago when we got married??

Wow, sounds like exactly what happens at our house.
Usually accompanied with the comment of "Don't use the good towels, those are for the guests".

oh yes, I love my wife too.

lol!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Driven wrote:
Roads were pretty slippery last night here too. I had a couple legitimately scary moments, including a tight loop ramp, with a downward grade, with a short merge zone, with traffic coming. I'm normally confident (maybe too confident) with winter driving and handling, but that was a bit unnerving.

I remember about 15 years ago I was coming off of the highway on a clover-leaf ramp (270 degree turn).  I wasn't going very fast (maybe only about 30 mph) and I hit an ice patch that caused me to rotate exactly 180 degrees (facing back the way I was coming).  There was a steep 18-20ft drop on one side that I thankfully didn't go down.  While I was sitting on one side of the ramp trying to collect my wits somebody else took the ramp and passed by me (without sliding) they gave me the strangest look.....like maybe I was dumb enough to try to drive the wrong way up an off ramp or something. 

Glad to hear you are alright, take it easy out there.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Signed the lease with a friend on an apartment today. I'll be subleasing the apartment from May until July, when my friend and I will take over. Said friend is about as big a nerd as I am, and nerd friends are hard to come by, so this will be an awesome thing for both of us. cheers
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:17 am

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Two things:

1.  I love my wife.

Usually accompanied with the comment of "Don't use the good towels, those are for the guests".

lol!
YES!!!!  The thing is...we almost never have overnight guests!  My mother comes four or five times a year and stays with us a couple of nights, her parents stay in a hotel when they come...we have all of these towels sitting in a closet waiting on the off-chance that we have someone who comes and spends the night and wants to shower.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:46 am

Driven wrote:
Signed the lease with a friend on an apartment today. I'll be subleasing the apartment from May until July, when my friend and I will take over. Said friend is about as big a nerd as I am, and nerd friends are hard to come by, so this will be an awesome thing for both of us. cheers
Yeah, just don't use your computer and a doll to to try to create the perfect woman, although it seemed to work out pretty well for Anthony Michael Hall.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 12:03 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Driven wrote:
Yeah, just don't use your computer and a doll to to try to create the perfect woman, although it seemed to work out pretty well for Anthony Michael Hall.

Eric, you do release that some of these people won't get that reference, right? scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 12:08 pm

That kind of science is weird.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 3:32 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Two things:

1.  I love my wife.

lol!
YES!!!!  The thing is...we almost never have overnight guests!  My mother comes four or five times a year and stays with us a couple of nights, her parents stay in a hotel when they come...we have all of these towels sitting in a closet waiting on the off-chance that we have someone who comes and spends the night and wants to shower.

Exactly!  My mother-in-law comes for up to three nights once every 2 years.  My mother has come for 3 nights once in 8 years.....and that is the extent of our overnight guests.  Why do we need three sets of fancy towels that almost never get used?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 3:34 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Driven wrote:

Anthony?....I thought his name was Gary....and the other kid was Wyatt?

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 6:26 pm

I have determined that whoever invented the cowboy boot should be drawn and quartered at dawn!  They are the most uncomfortable shoe ever invented.  It wasn't meant to be anything more than a torture device.

We are having our basketball Homecoming this week.  We have dress up days at school and today's was "western".  I threw on a long sleeved shirt and some black boots left over from my Stressin' days.  I am naming my feet "Smalls".  Why?  'Cause you're killin' me, Smalls!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Only real men can wear cowboy boots.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 11:09 am

Tis a sad day.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 11:27 am

Just saw that. It makes me want to pursue things I'm afraid to. I don't want to get to the end of my life (whenever that might be) and have regrets.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 1:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I have determined that whoever invented the cowboy boot should be drawn and quartered at dawn!  They are the most uncomfortable shoe ever invented.  It wasn't meant to be anything more than a torture device.

Actually, the design of the cowboy boot was very practical and ingenious. Leather for durability, a high top in which to tuck your pant leg, boot straps (which used to be longer than they are today) for pulling on, a pointed toe allow for ease of inserting your foot into the stirrup, and a heel to prevent your foot from going all the way through the stirrup.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 2:56 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Just saw that. It makes me want to pursue things I'm afraid to. I don't want to get to the end of my life (whenever that might be) and have regrets.

Random Ramblings - Page 13 6cced15c34f504175b5e0fef69e640d7
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 4:00 pm

BearDad wrote:
Actually, the design of the cowboy boot was very practical and ingenious. Leather for durability, a high top in which to tuck your pant leg, boot straps (which used to be longer than they are today) for pulling on, a pointed toe allow for ease of inserting your foot into the stirrup, and a heel to prevent your foot from going all the way through the stirrup.
The pointed toe are dress boots.  In the cowboy days the boots were rounded or snub-nosed.
Random Ramblings - Page 13 8571e82ce2d5398f97181e2e58b8a194
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 7:45 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Driven wrote:

Eric, you do release that some of these people won't get that reference, right? scratch lol!
I do.  I release it into the universe so that all the positive 80s vibes brought forth by Oingo Boingo music can enlighten these young'uns.

sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 7:23 am

Xid wrote:
Only real men can wear cowboy boots.

I live in Tennessee where everyone thinks that wearing cowboy boots means you are "country".  Only REAL men stand up to this fashion faux pa and buck the system to be who you really are!

I should be a hipster instead!  Yeah, a non-conformist who looks like all the other people of your artsy fartsy movement.  That's the ticket.

Actually, I think I would rather be the average, non-descript white dude.  I can disappear in almost every situation if I so choose.  Hiding while in a crowd is my super power.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 9:21 am

ishmael81 wrote:

Random Ramblings - Page 13 6cced15c34f504175b5e0fef69e640d7

Lol...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 10:25 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I live in Tennessee where everyone thinks that wearing cowboy boots means you are "country".
Wearing cowboy boots makes you country in the same manner that living in your wallet makes you a dollar.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 11:18 am

I came from an area that thinks owning a pick-up truck means they look tough.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 3:15 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Driven wrote:

I do.  I release it into the universe so that all the positive 80s vibes brought forth by Oingo Boingo music can enlighten these young'uns.

sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 9:35 am

Why is it that when you tell God "Yes" everything around you conspires to stop you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next