For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Random Ramblings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 1541
Age : 46
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Two things:

1.  I love my wife.
2.  What was the point in my wife insisting we should go buy new towels during the 2015 Black Friday sales if she is still going to insist that we use the old ratty towels we got 23 years ago when we got married??

Back to #1--I love my wife.
Back to top Go down
Driven

avatar

Number of posts : 5627
Age : 99
Localisation : Sherbrooke, QC
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Roads were pretty slippery last night here too. I had a couple legitimately scary moments, including a tight loop ramp, with a downward grade, with a short merge zone, with traffic coming. I'm normally confident (maybe too confident) with winter driving and handling, but that was a bit unnerving.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18172
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:55 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Two things:

1.  I love my wife.
2.  What was the point in my wife insisting we should go buy new towels during the 2015 Black Friday sales if she is still going to insist that we use the old ratty towels we got 23 years ago when we got married??

Back to #1--I love my wife.

Wow, sounds like exactly what happens at our house.
Usually accompanied with the comment of "Don't use the good towels, those are for the guests".

oh yes, I love my wife too.

lol!

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18172
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Driven wrote:
Roads were pretty slippery last night here too. I had a couple legitimately scary moments, including a tight loop ramp, with a downward grade, with a short merge zone, with traffic coming. I'm normally confident (maybe too confident) with winter driving and handling, but that was a bit unnerving.

I remember about 15 years ago I was coming off of the highway on a clover-leaf ramp (270 degree turn).  I wasn't going very fast (maybe only about 30 mph) and I hit an ice patch that caused me to rotate exactly 180 degrees (facing back the way I was coming).  There was a steep 18-20ft drop on one side that I thankfully didn't go down.  While I was sitting on one side of the ramp trying to collect my wits somebody else took the ramp and passed by me (without sliding) they gave me the strangest look.....like maybe I was dumb enough to try to drive the wrong way up an off ramp or something. 

Glad to hear you are alright, take it easy out there.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Driven

avatar

Number of posts : 5627
Age : 99
Localisation : Sherbrooke, QC
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Signed the lease with a friend on an apartment today. I'll be subleasing the apartment from May until July, when my friend and I will take over. Said friend is about as big a nerd as I am, and nerd friends are hard to come by, so this will be an awesome thing for both of us. cheers
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 1541
Age : 46
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:17 am

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Two things:

1.  I love my wife.
2.  What was the point in my wife insisting we should go buy new towels during the 2015 Black Friday sales if she is still going to insist that we use the old ratty towels we got 23 years ago when we got married??

Back to #1--I love my wife.

Wow, sounds like exactly what happens at our house.
Usually accompanied with the comment of "Don't use the good towels, those are for the guests".

oh yes, I love my wife too.

lol!
YES!!!!  The thing is...we almost never have overnight guests!  My mother comes four or five times a year and stays with us a couple of nights, her parents stay in a hotel when they come...we have all of these towels sitting in a closet waiting on the off-chance that we have someone who comes and spends the night and wants to shower.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 1541
Age : 46
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:46 am

Driven wrote:
Signed the lease with a friend on an apartment today. I'll be subleasing the apartment from May until July, when my friend and I will take over. Said friend is about as big a nerd as I am, and nerd friends are hard to come by, so this will be an awesome thing for both of us. cheers
Yeah, just don't use your computer and a doll to to try to create the perfect woman, although it seemed to work out pretty well for Anthony Michael Hall.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 2902
Age : 47
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:03 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Driven wrote:
Signed the lease with a friend on an apartment today. I'll be subleasing the apartment from May until July, when my friend and I will take over. Said friend is about as big a nerd as I am, and nerd friends are hard to come by, so this will be an awesome thing for both of us. cheers
Yeah, just don't use your computer and a doll to to try to create the perfect woman, although it seemed to work out pretty well for Anthony Michael Hall.

Eric, you do release that some of these people won't get that reference, right? scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3194
Age : 48
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:08 pm

That kind of science is weird.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18172
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:32 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Two things:

1.  I love my wife.
2.  What was the point in my wife insisting we should go buy new towels during the 2015 Black Friday sales if she is still going to insist that we use the old ratty towels we got 23 years ago when we got married??

Back to #1--I love my wife.

Wow, sounds like exactly what happens at our house.
Usually accompanied with the comment of "Don't use the good towels, those are for the guests".

oh yes, I love my wife too.

lol!
YES!!!!  The thing is...we almost never have overnight guests!  My mother comes four or five times a year and stays with us a couple of nights, her parents stay in a hotel when they come...we have all of these towels sitting in a closet waiting on the off-chance that we have someone who comes and spends the night and wants to shower.

Exactly!  My mother-in-law comes for up to three nights once every 2 years.  My mother has come for 3 nights once in 8 years.....and that is the extent of our overnight guests.  Why do we need three sets of fancy towels that almost never get used?

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18172
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:34 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Driven wrote:
Signed the lease with a friend on an apartment today. I'll be subleasing the apartment from May until July, when my friend and I will take over. Said friend is about as big a nerd as I am, and nerd friends are hard to come by, so this will be an awesome thing for both of us. cheers
Yeah, just don't use your computer and a doll to to try to create the perfect woman, although it seemed to work out pretty well for Anthony Michael Hall.

Anthony?....I thought his name was Gary....and the other kid was Wyatt?

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18079
Age : 47
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:26 pm

I have determined that whoever invented the cowboy boot should be drawn and quartered at dawn!  They are the most uncomfortable shoe ever invented.  It wasn't meant to be anything more than a torture device.

We are having our basketball Homecoming this week.  We have dress up days at school and today's was "western".  I threw on a long sleeved shirt and some black boots left over from my Stressin' days.  I am naming my feet "Smalls".  Why?  'Cause you're killin' me, Smalls!

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3194
Age : 48
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Only real men can wear cowboy boots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 2902
Age : 47
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:09 am

Tis a sad day.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3353
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:27 am

Just saw that. It makes me want to pursue things I'm afraid to. I don't want to get to the end of my life (whenever that might be) and have regrets.
Back to top Go down
BearDad



Number of posts : 2056
Localisation : Pierre, SD
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I have determined that whoever invented the cowboy boot should be drawn and quartered at dawn!  They are the most uncomfortable shoe ever invented.  It wasn't meant to be anything more than a torture device.

Actually, the design of the cowboy boot was very practical and ingenious. Leather for durability, a high top in which to tuck your pant leg, boot straps (which used to be longer than they are today) for pulling on, a pointed toe allow for ease of inserting your foot into the stirrup, and a heel to prevent your foot from going all the way through the stirrup.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 2902
Age : 47
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:56 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Just saw that. It makes me want to pursue things I'm afraid to. I don't want to get to the end of my life (whenever that might be) and have regrets.


Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3194
Age : 48
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:00 pm

BearDad wrote:
Actually, the design of the cowboy boot was very practical and ingenious. Leather for durability, a high top in which to tuck your pant leg, boot straps (which used to be longer than they are today) for pulling on, a pointed toe allow for ease of inserting your foot into the stirrup, and a heel to prevent your foot from going all the way through the stirrup.
The pointed toe are dress boots.  In the cowboy days the boots were rounded or snub-nosed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 1541
Age : 46
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:45 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Driven wrote:
Signed the lease with a friend on an apartment today. I'll be subleasing the apartment from May until July, when my friend and I will take over. Said friend is about as big a nerd as I am, and nerd friends are hard to come by, so this will be an awesome thing for both of us. cheers
Yeah, just don't use your computer and a doll to to try to create the perfect woman, although it seemed to work out pretty well for Anthony Michael Hall.

Eric, you do release that some of these people won't get that reference, right? scratch lol!
I do.  I release it into the universe so that all the positive 80s vibes brought forth by Oingo Boingo music can enlighten these young'uns.

sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18079
Age : 47
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:23 am

Xid wrote:
Only real men can wear cowboy boots.



I live in Tennessee where everyone thinks that wearing cowboy boots means you are "country".  Only REAL men stand up to this fashion faux pa and buck the system to be who you really are!

I should be a hipster instead!  Yeah, a non-conformist who looks like all the other people of your artsy fartsy movement.  That's the ticket.

Actually, I think I would rather be the average, non-descript white dude.  I can disappear in almost every situation if I so choose.  Hiding while in a crowd is my super power.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3353
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:21 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Just saw that. It makes me want to pursue things I'm afraid to. I don't want to get to the end of my life (whenever that might be) and have regrets.



Lol...
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3194
Age : 48
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:25 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I live in Tennessee where everyone thinks that wearing cowboy boots means you are "country".
Wearing cowboy boots makes you country in the same manner that living in your wallet makes you a dollar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Driven

avatar

Number of posts : 5627
Age : 99
Localisation : Sherbrooke, QC
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:18 am

I came from an area that thinks owning a pick-up truck means they look tough.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 2902
Age : 47
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:15 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Driven wrote:
Signed the lease with a friend on an apartment today. I'll be subleasing the apartment from May until July, when my friend and I will take over. Said friend is about as big a nerd as I am, and nerd friends are hard to come by, so this will be an awesome thing for both of us. cheers
Yeah, just don't use your computer and a doll to to try to create the perfect woman, although it seemed to work out pretty well for Anthony Michael Hall.

Eric, you do release that some of these people won't get that reference, right? scratch lol!
I do.  I release it into the universe so that all the positive 80s vibes brought forth by Oingo Boingo music can enlighten these young'uns.

sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3353
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:35 am

Why is it that when you tell God "Yes" everything around you conspires to stop you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   

Back to top Go down
 
Random Ramblings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Random Ramblings
» Random Ramblings
» Random Eyes
» 20 random facts about Guns 'N Roses' "Use Your Illusion"
» red-disciple-random hero-spoken

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: