Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back from the dead

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Xid
Samson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back from the dead Empty
PostSubject: Back from the dead   Back from the dead I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 1:00 am

I'm going to post (almost verbatim) my testimony from FB in case some of you can't view it. I missed everybody. So glad to be back.

Where to begin....
In February, my computer completely bit the dust. It was a 10 year old Dell with XP, but I had no clue that it was running on fumes. With a vehicle payment still a few months away from being paid off, I had no choice but to take an involuntary sabbatical.
In March, my right hand was in so much pain. Aleve didn't help. Tylenol Artritis didn't do squat. I went for about 12 days before discovering ibuprofen as the medicine that finally brought down the pain and swelling. I still can't completely close my fist, and I suspect arthritis, but until I get some better insurance, there's really not a lot I can do there.
I would be lying if I didn't tell you that during those 12 days, my father became the scapegoat of my anger and my pain. After all, he had rheumatoid arthritis himself, and I saw this as yet another one of his "gifts" that I didn't ask for and I didn't want. I later repented of this after the pain went away and I realized how foolish I was for thinking this way. Fear almost won.
And on April 16, my whole world changed. The setting was Kid's-Fest (for you at CHM, this is a church sponsored function held every year). I was there just as a spectator. I wasn't involved in any activities. And I sure wasn't expecting a friend who knew my life's story to approach me and introduce to me someone else who had undergone similar traumas, and ask if they could pray over me. I remember immediately saying yes. I also can tell you that this wasn't like the many other times where I was looking for a quick fix to justify myself. As we went away from the crowd to pray, I was intent on this being the nail to finally shut the coffin on the evil that was intended for me.
Just like Andrew Eastmond prophesied on the topic to me 2 years ago, so it began again. I almost broke down and cried when Andrew gave his word to me in 2014. Just like back then, I tried to fight it. Only this time, I couldn't. I was on one knee. A few minutes later, I was on both knees. Several minutes later, I was on my stomach, prostrate. Some minutes later, I cried. And when I say I cried, I mean it.
I truly believe that that encounter was the Holy Spirit's confirmation regarding intercessory prayer. I have run away from it for the past 6 years. I was never one to take dibs on praying for people. Today, it's something I can't stop thinking about.
I just went a little deeper into the water. May He set me ablaze with His Spirit.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Back from the dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the dead   Back from the dead I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 2:01 am

Right on and welcome back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Back from the dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the dead   Back from the dead I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 9:09 am

I love that God showed up and proved He was speaking to you!  I also love how He got your attention through the downed computer!  Sometimes we are the very cause of the distractions that keep us from seeing the Lord working.

Welcome back, my friend!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Back from the dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the dead   Back from the dead I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 9:52 am

Great to hear the Spirit working in you John.  Also really good to see you back online.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Back from the dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the dead   Back from the dead I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 12:43 pm

Awesome story and very cool to have ya back bro !
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Back from the dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the dead   Back from the dead I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 3:11 pm

Welcome back to CHM, and yes that is a great post.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back from the dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the dead   Back from the dead I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Awesome story and very cool to have ya back bro !

BTW, I watched Ragamuffin during that week where my hand was REALLY hurting me. I will admit that I wanted to throw something at my TV during Rich's flashbacks about his father. That one thing had been my biggest hurdle to overcome, and I'm thankful that I've moved on.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Back from the dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the dead   Back from the dead I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Welcome back Samson.
It's good to see you back at CHM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back from the dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from the dead   Back from the dead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back from the dead
Page 1 of 1