Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

InnerWish

Go down 
+9
mr.electric47
rich71
metaldude
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Pro-Zak
BearDad
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MadMap

MadMap

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-12

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 10:26 am

Okay, guys, I'm certainly not trying to stir up debate, or argue the merits of what makes a "Christian" band. But since some questions have come up in this thread, here's some info that might help people who are on the fence about this one.

The lyrics to Sins of the Past (which BearDad referenced above with "we're the children of a lesser God") are more "positive" than "Christian" which is probably a good way to sum up the whole album. You won't find much that matches up with orthodox Christian theology here unless you stretch (words like "repent" and "salvation" show up, and even "God" in one song, but all without any clear Christian context).

A few lyrics might seem to contradict the Gospel and lean more toward self-improvement and, as one song says, "the ruler of your own heart" (Through My Eyes). Overall, however, it is a clean record without any foul language.

If anyone wants more lyrics, I would be happy to type them out from the book for you to read.

The bass player, Antonis, does thank "the God of the world for all it happens" (which I'm guessing has a grammatical error since it doesn't read right) for those who look for that sort of thing. But that's all you get in the thanks/comments from the band.

So, there you have it. I bought this CD, listened to it again this morning, and enjoyed it. But there wasn't anything I heard that would make me think "Christian" or that would point anyone toward Christian faith.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 11:21 am

MadMap wrote:
Okay, guys, I'm certainly not trying to stir up debate, or argue the merits of what makes a "Christian" band. But since some questions have come up in this thread, here's some info that might help people who are on the fence about this one.

The lyrics to Sins of the Past (which BearDad referenced above with "we're the children of a lesser God") are more "positive" than "Christian" which is probably a good way to sum up the whole album. You won't find much that matches up with orthodox Christian theology here unless you stretch (words like "repent" and "salvation" show up, and even "God" in one song, but all without any clear Christian context).

A few lyrics might seem to contradict the Gospel and lean more toward self-improvement and, as one song says, "the ruler of your own heart" (Through My Eyes). Overall, however, it is a clean record without any foul language.

If anyone wants more lyrics, I would be happy to type them out from the book for you to read.

The bass player, Antonis, does thank "the God of the world for all it happens" (which I'm guessing has a grammatical error since it doesn't read right) for those who look for that sort of thing. But that's all you get in the thanks/comments from the band.

So, there you have it. I bought this CD, listened to it again this morning, and enjoyed it. But there wasn't anything I heard that would make me think "Christian" or that would point anyone toward Christian faith.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing Antonis' mention of God, only because of the grammatical error (or bad English Smile ). I no longer put much stock in artists thanking God in the liner notes, though, unless they are a bit more explicit. Anyone but an atheist can say "I thank God" and mean just about anything.  For me it's just a point of reference: do they thank Jesus? Do they acknowledge He is their Savior? etc. If so, then I might be more inclined to believe they are Christian.

Did you notice the track Broken? I thought the words reflect a realization that without salvation we are hopeless, although they stop short of acknowledging from where our hope comes.

As for the lyrics, please don't type! Smile  They're all here:

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com/album.php?artist=InnerWish&album=InnerWish

Overall I think you and I agree.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 4:49 pm

InnerWish - Page 2 Image10Apparently Innerwish is coming to The Netherlands. Still lacking cash, but maybe if I ask my wife nicely 😜
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 4:51 pm

Oh nice!  I was just cranking A Sickness Unto Death on my way to work this morning!  (They're not a Christian band though; is this a Christian music festival?)
Back to top Go down
mr.electric47

mr.electric47

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2015-07-16

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm

no turning back was average imo
Back to top Go down
Andreas89

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-03-24

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 8:33 am

kerrick wrote:
(They're not a Christian band though; is this a Christian music festival?)
It's about as christian for a festival as Ulterium Records is a christian record label Smile  The kind of festivals that mostly attracts christian bands and audience. Plus, it's part of the Dutch christian metal infrastructure, so to speak. That means it's linked to webshops like Nordic Mission (Norse, but OK) and First Paradox (selling both mostly christian releases), Brainstorm Festival (same kind of bands, only in November) and a website like Mauce.nl.

So not a christian festival per se, but still the kind of festival that if there would be more like that, then Seventh Avenue would still be around.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 2:16 pm

It's exactly like you say Andreas. I'm a bit sceptic about this. Festivals like this one and Brainstorm attract mostly Christian fans, while not all bands are christian. A bit misleading if you ask me. Same can be said for labels like Ulterium, Dark Balance and Fear Dark. 

Btw welcome to the forum Andreas89
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Andreas89 wrote:
kerrick wrote:
(They're not a Christian band though; is this a Christian music festival?)
It's about as christian for a festival as Ulterium Records is a christian record label Smile  The kind of festivals that mostly attracts christian bands and audience. Plus, it's part of the Dutch christian metal infrastructure, so to speak. That means it's linked to webshops like Nordic Mission (Norse, but OK) and First Paradox (selling both mostly christian releases), Brainstorm Festival (same kind of bands, only in November) and a website like Mauce.nl.

So not a christian festival per se, but still the kind of festival that if there would be more like that, then Seventh Avenue would still be around.

Right on.  Thanks and welcome!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric47

mr.electric47

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 12:22 am

Who said Ulterium was a "Christian Music Label"...

This is all entertainment pure and simple... what do you choose to entertain yourself with is the issue... I think we all try to over spiritualize this stuff...  ITS ENTERTAINMENT... We all have certain expectations and when they arent met... we complain...

I'm sure I've just stirred up a hornets nest but I've been involved in this stuff for far too long to not see it for what it is...

That doesnt mean God cant use it in someones life... but it's still just entertainment....
Back to top Go down
BearDad

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 5:52 am

Starting threads at CHM is like raising children. No matter how innocent they are at the beginning, in the end they often spin out of control in directions you never intended, and no matter how you try to straighten them out you are actually powerless to stop it.
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 8:31 am

BearDad wrote:
Starting threads at CHM is like raising children. No matter how innocent they are at the beginning, in the end they often spin out of control in directions you never intended, and no matter how you try to straighten them out you are actually powerless to stop it.

Try making an innerwish to change that...
Back to top Go down
Andreas89

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-03-24

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 9:06 am

mr.electric47 wrote:
Who said Ulterium was a "Christian Music Label"...

This is all entertainment pure and simple... what do you choose to entertain yourself with is the issue... I think we all try to over spiritualize this stuff...  ITS ENTERTAINMENT... We all have certain expectations and when they arent met... we complain...

I'm sure I've just stirred up a hornets nest but I've been involved in this stuff for far too long to not see it for what it is...

That doesnt mean God cant use it in someones life... but it's still just entertainment....
I don't know if your post is directed at me (I can imagine), but I clearly did not mean that Ulterium is a christian music label. It's a label that's quite heavy on the metal artists that have a (more or less) christian message. It was just a simple observation, not some kind of judgement Smile

And InnerWish is apparently more on the "less christian message" side. And that's OK. It would be a bit weird to trust a label in this kind of situations Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 11:00 am

BearDad wrote:

This would be funny if it wasn't true...now I feel like a bad parent.

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 2:45 pm

Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:

This would be funny if it wasn't true...now I feel like a bad parent.

Wasn't intended that way. Shocked Maybe this would have been better:

Quote :
Starting threads at CHM is like raising children. They start out innocent enough, but despite your best efforts in the end they go their own way, sometimes in directions you never intended, and no matter what you say you are powerless to change them.

Of course, this was never really about kids or parents. I just get a little tired of seeing every thread I start end up in some type of theological debate, even when there was no mention of theology in my original post.

The good thins is that, unlike parenting, if you don't like the direction the thread has gone you can choose to ignore it. Smile  And if you know the right people you can have the thread killed.  Twisted Evil  OK, you can do those things as a parent as well, but I don't recommend it.  Shocked
Back to top Go down
mr.electric47

mr.electric47

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 12:18 am

sigh.... sorry guys my bad...  I've just been overworked on hearing comments about "lack of blatant salvation message..." 

I apologize... I've not been around in quite awhile and those old hackles get racked up when I "perceive a lack of understanding..."...  again My apologies...

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

InnerWish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

InnerWish
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2