Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

InnerWish

Go down 
+9
mr.electric47
rich71
metaldude
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Pro-Zak
BearDad
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 6:47 pm

OK, I know this is a hard music forum more than a metal forum, but I tend to lean more to the metal side, especially melodic, symphonic, power, and progressive metal. As such, I am really stoked for the new InnerWish release on Friday, which I just pre-ordered from Amazon.  I've never really listened to them, but I've been checking out their YT stuff and I'm really impressed. I also ordered their 04 release Silent Faces used, as someone was selling it for about $11 shipped.

Here's a puzzler, though.  The new release will also be available on CASSETTE to 150 "lucky" buyers.  I'm truly tempted!

Last edited by BearDad on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
BearDad

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 8:11 pm

Like this band! Headbang
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Sounds pretty good to me!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 8:46 am

Sounds very good to me.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 9:49 am

BearDad wrote:
OK, I know this is a hard music forum, not a metal forum, but I tend to lean more to the metal side, especially melodic, symphonic, power, and progressive metal. As such, I am really stoked for the new InnerWish release on Friday, which I just pre-ordered from Amazon.  I've never really listened to them, but I've been checking out their YT stuff and I'm really impressed. I also ordered their 04 release Silent Faces used, as someone was selling it for about $11 shipped.

Here's a puzzler, though.  The new release will also be available on CASSETTE to 150 "lucky" buyers.  I'm truly tempted!

You can be an ultimate fan and pre-order the CD, LP and cassette of the album along with a shirt from Ulterium Records Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BearDad

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 9:54 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
BearDad wrote:
OK, I know this is a hard music forum, not a metal forum, but I tend to lean more to the metal side, especially melodic, symphonic, power, and progressive metal. As such, I am really stoked for the new InnerWish release on Friday, which I just pre-ordered from Amazon.  I've never really listened to them, but I've been checking out their YT stuff and I'm really impressed. I also ordered their 04 release Silent Faces used, as someone was selling it for about $11 shipped.

You can be an ultimate fan and pre-order the CD, LP and cassette of the album along with a shirt from Ulterium Records Very Happy

InnerWish Empty-Wallet
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:21 am

There's plenty of metal discussion here, no?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 1:38 pm

BearDad wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
BearDad wrote:

InnerWish Empty-Wallet

You don't really need that snowblower, do you? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 7:22 pm

Candlemass wrote:

Oh yes.
Although some of the younger crowd wouldn't consider bands like Bride, Sacred Warrior, Saint, Barren Cross etc. as truly "metal" (not that I'm suggesting BearDad is anywhere near the "younger crowd").

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 9:42 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Candlemass wrote:

Oh yes.  
Although some of the younger crowd wouldn't consider bands like Bride, Sacred Warrior, Saint, Barren Cross etc. as truly "metal" (not that I'm suggesting BearDad is anywhere near the "younger crowd").

LOL! No, I'm not often called "young man" anymore! Smile  But contrary to the suggestion hinted in your statement, I do consider Bride, SW, and the others metal.  Just a different degree of metal. To me the 80's metal is like a 6 cylinder engine; it has more power than smaller engines, but it isn't the most powerful available. Metal like Euro/power, symphonic, etc., are the V8s; more power for the punch.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Hey, Bear! Now that you've went and ordered those albums, I feel kinda bad telling you No Turning Back is probably their best work so far. Check this out. It's the song that made me a fan.

That aside, I'm with you about this new one. Modern Babylon is a monster track.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 3:37 pm

Don't feel bad; I'll get that one too. Smile  I just couldn't afford to get all of them at once.
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Yea, I picked that one up a while back, and that is a killer tune! Headbang
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 1:49 am

I couldn't tell by thier fb page. Are these guys a faith based . Asking an innocent question. I heard Modern Babylon and it sounds great.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 6:58 am

I believe this is going to fall more under the "Christians in a band" style than the more lyrically upfront in your face style you prefer, Rich.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rich71

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 1:00 pm

Even thou they are not upfront. From what I understood from thier lyrics there are vague references to faith.
Back to top Go down
rich71

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 2:07 pm

They still have vague references to faith right? They are on the same label as Theocracy and theocracy is of faith. So my question was even thou vaque in certain areas they do have subtle referenced to the bible yes?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 4:15 am

I will have to let you know.  I bought a download of the new album through eMusic because it was cheap and I am past my budget for new music with ordering the new Leviticus box set and Bride's "The Lost Reels" series.  Boone's Overstock (aka Retroactive Records) has the Bride discs for $6.99 each.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 10:16 am

rich71 wrote:
I couldn't tell by thier fb page. Are these guys a faith based . Asking an innocent question. I heard Modern Babylon and it sounds great.

Not that this is definitive proof, but Encyclopaedia Metallum says their lyrical content is Christian.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Innerwish/14916
Back to top Go down
BearDad

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:24 pm

I honestly don't know what to make of InnerWish. Musically they are superb, more melodic than power, but heavy throughout the entire CD ... even the obligatory slow song. LOL!  And the CD is long ... over an hour long, with 13 songs! 

However, as some have pointed out, their lyrics are certainly not Christian, although I can't say I have heard or read anything I find offensive yet. (I'm not too sure about the "we are children of a lessor god" line; maybe it's a contextual thing.) I thought I had read on the "forum that shall not be named" that they are a Christian band, but I could be wrong. After all, there were so many posts over there about decidedly non-Christian bands, and even satanic bands (those ones I did not even open!), and folks were forever debating the justification of the phrase "Christian" band ... heck, some folks seemed to want to debate using the word "Christian" for anything! In truth, I lost track, and maybe I thought these guys were Christian when they are not? <shrugging>

What I can say is there doesn't appear to be any mention of God or Christ on the entire CD, not even in the "so and so thanks" portion of the liner notes. This isn't a bad thing, mind you. There is rarely any mention of God or Christ on an Iron Maiden CD, and I like them! Smile  

I just hope these guys don't turn out to be like Sinbreed, whose CD's got decidedly further and further from the Truth to the point that I had to get rid of all but the first one. I would think, though, that with InnerWish's catalog they would have raised alarms in this group before now if they were heading in a questionable direction.

So, long story short, I love this band and this CD, and I look forward to getting their earlier releases, but I don't listen to them expecting a Christian message.

Last edited by BearDad on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mr.electric47

mr.electric47

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2015-07-16

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 12:11 am

Just enjoy some clean Heavy Metal...

I didnt think their previous album was very memorable, but the tracks I've heard for this one seem to be a bit more solid... especially on the production front.

Lyrically they're not a turn or burn or "makes me wanna sing" style of band lyrically... However they do seem to stray into more faith based territory... Just  not overtly blatant...
Back to top Go down
MadMap

MadMap

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-12

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 7:20 am

Got my CD yesterday...only listened to it once so far, so I'll have to hold off making any judgments until I've given it a few more spins. Production is great and sound is quality. If you like the YouTube samples up top, the rest of the album falls right in line.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 8:44 am

mr.electric47 wrote:
Just enjoy some clean Heavy Metal...

I didnt think their previous album was very memorable, but the tracks I've heard for this one seem to be a bit more solid... especially on the production front.

Lyrically they're not a turn or burn or "makes me wanna sing" style of band lyrically... However they do seem to stray into more faith based territory... Just  not overtly blatant...

And they're played on Dead to Self Radio, so they can't be ALL bad. Smile

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com/song.php?songid=10846&artist=InnerWish
Back to top Go down
BearDad

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 8:53 am

I'm interested in what Dynamis will say about it at angelicwarlord.com, assuming he reviews it. He only gave No Turning Back (which I have not yet heard) an 85. Not a bad rating, but not wunderbar either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

InnerWish Empty
PostSubject: Re: InnerWish   InnerWish I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

InnerWish
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next