Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite one hit wonders

Go down 
+7
Fundy
Hardkore
rockerVu2
Through The Dark Radio
Xid
Staybrite
alldatndensum
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which one was your favorite?
Mercy Rule - Overruled
Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Mark Pogue & Fortress
Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chase - In Pursuit
Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Scarlet Red - Don't Dance With Danger
Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_lcap46%Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Charizma - Rock The World
Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Arsenal - Armored Choir
Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage

Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I kind of figured that Rage Of Angels would sweep everything else, so I intentionally left them off the list.

I think you are probably right.

oteis wrote:
I only have half of these. Out of those i chose Chase. Very underrated album, but so is Mark Pogue. Some great choices. Btw Charizma had more than one album

True, but didn't they drastically change styles?  I only have one of the "Rock the World" reissues, but I heard a few of their later songs and it sounded like a completely different band.
Then let's throw "First Watch" by Guardian on the list too ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 9:08 pm

I would keep Charizma on the list just because they had the one hard rock/metal album and then they went softer.  Also, I was unaware when I made the list that they actually did more than that.  This is all I have ever actually seen of theirs.

Guardian, on the other hand, just changed singers and continued doing hard rock.  They did 6 more studio albums, a live album, and at least one greatest hits album.  I wouldn't put them in the same category.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Btw i think Creed, Fear Not and Chryztyne deserve a spot here as well.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 8:23 am

I agree with you oteis.
All great bands.
Maybe we can continue a second favorite hit wonders?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:32 am

I would agree with Creed and Chryztyne . . . . not so much with Fear Not Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 3:39 pm

oteis wrote:
Btw i think Creed, Fear Not and Chryztyne deserve a spot here as well.

Those were all great albums as well. I especially loved that Chryztyne album.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Perhaps I will put together a new poll with Fear Not, Red Sea, Creed, Rage Of Angels, and Chryztyne with the top two winners from this thread.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 7:22 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Perhaps I will put together a new poll with Fear Not, Red Sea, Creed, Rage Of Angels, and Chryztyne with the top two winners from this thread.

Anytime Red Sea is on any kind of list I will probably pick them as my favorite. Absolutely fantastic album.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 7:16 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Anytime Red Sea is on any kind of list I will probably pick them as my favorite.  Absolutely fantastic album.

They would be mine most likely.  I do wish that Red Sea could reunite and do another album, but I don't feel that is ever gonna happen.  When Robin did PK Mitchell's last album, he had said that he would never do another Christian album again.  Chris Howell, the guitarist, is rumored to have left the faith.  Lastly, Greg Chaisson doesn't even play bass anymore.  He switched to guitar and only does studio work for the most part.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 4:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Anytime Red Sea is on any kind of list I will probably pick them as my favorite.  Absolutely fantastic album.

They would be mine most likely.  I do wish that Red Sea could reunite and do another album, but I don't feel that is ever gonna happen.  When Robin did PK Mitchell's last album, he had said that he would never do another Christian album again.  Chris Howell, the guitarist, is rumored to have left the faith.  Lastly, Greg Chaisson doesn't even play bass anymore.  He switched to guitar and only does studio work for the most part.

I had thought that PK and Robin had said they would never release with a Christian label again (not do anymore Christian music). I would just love to see Robin do another album in the same style as Red Sea's "Blood", he could get another group of musicians (or even work with P.K. Mitchell again) and just do some great hard rocking heavy blues influenced music. They can call the project whatever they want...I don't care.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 4:42 pm

I'd be okay with that as long as they let me do the bass work!  LOL

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:02 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I'd be okay with that as long as they let me do the bass work!  LOL

Seriously, that would be quite cool! Headbang

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:47 am

Arsenal is my choice. Band is flawless imo.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Did you hear the remastering that I did of that, Jim?  They are even more flawless.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite one hit wonders   Favorite one hit wonders - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite one hit wonders
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2