Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trying my hand at mastering

Go down 
+10
MadMap
My Awesome Timothy
Fundy
messiaen77
ChosenOne
Staybrite
MikeInFla
Xid
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 7:27 am

You did see requests for new music.  I also declined.  If the band is still together as in the case of the Rivera Bomma request, I won't do that as those albums are readily available.

Everything I have done so far has been around two decades long gone.  L.O.U.D.,those first two Rev Sevens, Shout, Scarlet Red, Arsenal, etc. 

I've done a couple of Leviticus albums.  I won't share those as the band is doing remastering for a boxed set.

I am sorry that you think that I was in a hurry to rip off people who currently had music out.  As I said, if you feel that strongly about this, then I won't share anything further.  With the out of print stuff, I was just trying to breathe some new life into my old collection and for a handful of friends.  Trust me--these albums don't sell enough anymore for the artists (you mean label) to even get a check.  Most of them aren't even out for download.  With these old out of print titles, I would say we are helping the artists as you will probably go find a copy after listening to these remasters.

So, to sum all this up, if you feel that I've done wrong, then I will stop sharing at all.  If you've gotten something from me, enjoy.  That's the last batch.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 8:09 am

alldatndensum wrote:
If you guys feel that way, then I will quit sharing these.  So, far, I've stuck to stuff that was out of print.  I also asked that folks own a copy of the original.  This way, I wouldn't be hurting either an artist or label as you already had it.
Yep, the only ones I have asked for are the ones I have already purchased. I hate buying the same thing twice. Sometimes I will but I prefer not to. I have no desire to have something out of print if I don't like it, nor do I desire to have something I don't own -- if I did have a desire to have it then I would have already owned it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 4:03 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
If you guys feel that way, then I will quit sharing these.  So, far, I've stuck to stuff that was out of print.  I also asked that folks own a copy of the original.  This way, I wouldn't be hurting either an artist or label as you already had it.

Exactly what I thought you were doing! I don't have any problem with that at all.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 4:53 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Exactly what I thought you were doing!  I don't have any problem with that at all.

ditto.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 6:12 pm

So then everyone is understood that I am only remastering old, out of print material that just sounds dated?  I'm not going to be doing anything current.  Most everything we get now is very professionally done.

Can someone help me out?  I have a great copy of Ken Tamplin's "An Axe To Grind".  However, my MP3 ripping program cuts some of the songs where snippets are hanging out at the beginning of another song.  Can someone rip me a clean copy where each song is cut without any fragments of another?  I have done Ken's album with what I can do, but those snippets are bugging me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 7:19 pm

What program are you using to rip with?
I could bring it in to work on Monday and rip it, but it will be with WMP (so if it's the same program not sure that will help).

MadMap

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 7:53 pm

I have the CD. What are you looking for: FLAC, WAV, or MP3? I use EAC to get FLAC files but I can convert to whatever you want from there. Just let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 9:09 pm

Highest quality MP3 will work for what I am doing.  If I were selling my time for remastering to these artists, I would want WAV.  As it is, though, I just need MP3s that have perfect splits for each song.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 10:35 pm

Listening to It Won't Be Long.  Sounding great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 7:21 am

Now that I have my settings like I want, I am moving faster with these.  I just did 5 complete albums by Apostle last night.  I have the CD of "Prepare to Meet God".  I have both the "Hymns" and "Chariots Of Iron" on a CD-R that I copied several years ago myself from cassette.  I cleaned the recording as much as possible back then to reduce tape noise.  I also have Matt Harding's "Steel Armada" album that I did the same way. 

Lastly, I did Apostle's "Master Of The Metal" that someone had sent me years ago that sadly was only in 160 kps and was pretty low quality.  It turned out decent, but I do wish I could get a better source for that one.  Now with Matt Harding gone from this earth as he died in 2012, I doubt any of this will ever see the light of day again.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 9:22 am

I had a tape by a band called Apostle many years ago, saw them touring with someone in the early 80's ... I think it was Rez Band. Unfortunately I no longer have it ... don't even know what became of it.  I liked them; kind of an AOR type band if I recall. It seems the tape was called Righteous Anger or something like that.  I've searched for it but to no avail.  Any idea of that's the same Apostle?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 9:24 am

Quote :
Exactly what I thought you were doing! I don't have any problem with that at all.

Those remastered CDs are not for sale, they only meant to practice mastering.
Idon't have problems with that.

The Apostle stuff was only released on tape isn't it?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 9:31 pm

All except their album "Prepare To Meet God" was officially released on cassette.  I have a CD of "Hymns" that I bought from Retrospect Records.  I would imagine that it is a bootleg.

Back to top Go down
My Awesome Timothy

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 2:13 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
You did see requests for new music.  I also declined.  If the band is still together as in the case of the Rivera Bomma request, I won't do that as those albums are readily available.

Everything I have done so far has been around two decades long gone.  L.O.U.D.,those first two Rev Sevens, Shout, Scarlet Red, Arsenal, etc. 

I've done a couple of Leviticus albums.  I won't share those as the band is doing remastering for a boxed set.

I am sorry that you think that I was in a hurry to rip off people who currently had music out.  As I said, if you feel that strongly about this, then I won't share anything further.  With the out of print stuff, I was just trying to breathe some new life into my old collection and for a handful of friends.  Trust me--these albums don't sell enough anymore for the artists (you mean label) to even get a check.  Most of them aren't even out for download.  With these old out of print titles, I would say we are helping the artists as you will probably go find a copy after listening to these remasters.

So, to sum all this up, if you feel that I've done wrong, then I will stop sharing at all.  If you've gotten something from me, enjoy.  That's the last batch.

I might ask you again in 20 years for the Rivera Bomma remaster!!! lol!  Seriously you've done an amazing job with 'Fire and Love', sounds AMAZING, so much better than the original.  Wish this was remastered and put out on vinyl but Pakaderm Records seem quite stubborn letting artists have their music back.  confused  Did you ever get round to doing Bloodgood - 'All Stand Together'?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 9:03 pm

I did, but I am thinking of ways to do this without taking flak in my own forum.  Whether I share anything else or not, I will continue to do the remastering just to make my own collection sound better.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 5:54 pm

I have completed several more!

Bloodgood - All Stand Together
Ken Tamplin -  An Axe To Grind
Cindy Cruse - Small Town Girl
Cindy Cruse -The Edge
Plain Clothes - Long Way To Go
Mark Pogue & Fortress - Restoration
Chase - In Pursuit

Last edited by alldatndensum on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 7:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I have completed several more!

Bloodgood - All Stand Together
Ken Tamplin -  An Axe To Grind
Cindy Cruse - Small Town Girl
Cindy Cruse -
Plain Clothes - Long Way To Go
Mark Pogue & Fortress - Restoration
Chase - In Pursuit

Very cool, I have most of those (except for that untitled Cindy Cruse album) LOL! I would love to hear your work on them.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 7:19 am

I meant to add that title and was trying to post that list, call my insurance company, and work on my lesson for church at the same time.  I was not cut out for multi-tasking.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:10 am

I am thinking of either A) starting a private room on Facebook so that I can offer these out of print remastered albums to those who are interested or B) put up a private room here that is invitation only.  Which do you think would be better?

Back to top Go down
My Awesome Timothy

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 10:25 am

A private room here......  Woo
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Private rooms are nice.  Facebook groups suck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 4:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am thinking of either A) starting a private room on Facebook so that I can offer these out of print remastered albums to those who are interested or B) put up a private room here that is invitation only.  Which do you think would be better?

Either works for me.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Not on FB so here would be good.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 9:14 am

Either works for me.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 9:58 am

I'm good either way, but FB might get more intervention from Big Brother than a private room here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying my hand at mastering   Trying my hand at mastering - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying my hand at mastering
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next