Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Swap, swap, swap

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Swap, swap, swap Empty
PostSubject: Swap, swap, swap   Swap, swap, swap I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Many of us here are CD swappers. When we get something we don't really enjoy as much as we thought, we sell or trade it. There are a couple of good sites for trading CDs for those in the USA:

www.lala.com

www.swapacd.com

For those who are interested in reading and trading books, there is also:

www.paperbackswap.com

I've done quite a bit of trading through them lately. Very cool site.

And, if you have any movies you want to swap, now there is:

www.swapadvd.com

I signed up this morning, am shipping out my first DVD, and have two coming to me. Of course, I transferred a couple of shipping credits from Paperbackswap to get movies coming in faster.

Ok, have fun with all of this! I am.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

Swap, swap, swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swap, swap, swap   Swap, swap, swap I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:59 pm

How is swapacd compared to lala? I heard plenty of stories of not getting liners or damaged CDs from lala, which isn't surprising with a business model like that.

Maybe I can find some of the other CDs I'd like even though I suspect most are too obscure. I certainly have enough Christian ones to trade.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Swap, swap, swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swap, swap, swap   Swap, swap, swap I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 4:18 pm

The more obscure and indie CDs you will have a hard time swapping on any trading site--unless it is a specialty site like this one.

I cancelled my SwapaCD account. I was getting almost no requests, and I only got two CDs in about 7 months. It wasn't really worth the time.

Lala is still the best, but it still needs a lot of work that the owners don't seem to want to fix. The site could be awesome, but they settle for mediocre.

I REALLY love PaperbackSwap. It's a great site! I read a lot, but I have plenty of books that I know I have read and would probably not read again. So, instead of selling them for next to nothing at a yard sale (I've not had any luck selling books on Ebay), trading them can be a lot of fun. And, I have discovered several authors that I would not have without the freebies coming in. I've got about 20 books on my current wish list, and have to send one out tomorrow. This is clearly the best site I've used.

SwapADVD is going to be hard for me. I usually only buy movies that I KNOW I like. I have a few that don't really excite me that are Christian based movies that I will trade. I also have some old Bob Hope movies I hope to swap. The two I am getting from them alreadyl, though, I know I like as I have seen them before:

Galaxy Quest
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Swap, swap, swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swap, swap, swap   Swap, swap, swap I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 5:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Lala is still the best, but it still needs a lot of work that the owners don't seem to want to fix. The site could be awesome, but they settle for mediocre.

Agreed

Swap, swap, swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swap, swap, swap   Swap, swap, swap I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:30 am

We rent via Netflix vs buy movies and I don't have time to read anything outside Bible and church books so CDs are all I have to worry about.

I need to get rid of these stupid things though. I keep trading for more and I just need to sell them off.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Swap, swap, swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swap, swap, swap   Swap, swap, swap I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 2:01 pm

I'll buy your Boarders CD Swap, swap, swap Hyper
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Swap, swap, swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swap, swap, swap   Swap, swap, swap I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 5:17 pm

Quote :
I need to get rid of these stupid things though. I keep trading for more and I just need to sell them off.

Just send a list, and I'll lighten the load!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Swap, swap, swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swap, swap, swap   Swap, swap, swap I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

Just send a list, and I'll lighten the load!

Agreed, just let us have a crack at them, and you will have a lot less to worry about.
lol!

Swap, swap, swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swap, swap, swap   Swap, swap, swap I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:08 pm

apologetixfreak wrote:
I'll buy your Boarders CD Swap, swap, swap Hyper
Yeah, I was just thinking about you today in fact. There are some CDs I have in mind now, but I'll have to narrow it down. I'm swamped with a project right now though.

I'll post what I think is my current list in the merch section.

Sponsored content

Swap, swap, swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swap, swap, swap   Swap, swap, swap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swap, swap, swap
Page 1 of 1