Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Heavy Metal Swap Meet

Go down 
+4
Staybrite
MikeInFla
Through The Dark Radio
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

The Heavy Metal Swap Meet Empty
PostSubject: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 9:23 am

The Heavy Metal Swap Meet Sdmeta10

So I mentioned how cool this looked and my wife said "LET'S GO" - I was like Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Next thing I know she made rez for a Holiday Inn down there.  She ain't into any of this so she'll prolly be shopping with our daughter in law, BUT I GET TO GO !  I'm so stoked !
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
If anyone wants to pray for me as well as Scott and the Roxx bunch, that'd be great. This is the 6th annual event and our first time there. I checked out the pictures and blog of those involved and attendees in the past... and it seems like there's a LOT of people still into "Satan" and all the crap that's "evil".  So the ROXX table is gonna be in a corner surrounded by this - I'm concerned they'll get a bunch of heckling and not enough support... but I could be wrong.  I just know the blog has some Christian metal bashing and lots of "666", demons, satan, occult, pentagrams, etc... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Other than that, this is gonna be way cool. Gonna score me some cool ROXX stuff and hopefully Scott will bring his duplicates and I can score some metal albums from him.

Anyone else here going ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 10:48 am

This would be sooooo cool to check out but I wont be able to make it...I am excited for you though G/F....waaaaay cool...have fun!!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 3:19 pm

I think they'll be just fine since they'll have Scott there.  He's still got them guns to show off to any metalhead Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Looks cool, take a lot of pics and share them in this thread. Would love to see photos from the Roxx booth and any cool albums you may find.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 4:51 pm

I would love to go to this!  But sadly it is a little too far for me to drive in one weekend.  Very jealous of you, have a great time.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 5:04 pm

That's a bit out of my way.  If they did one locally in Nashville, I'd go.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 5:38 pm

I hope it's not a bust.  For it to be awesome beyond just meeting Scott, would be to find several CDs and LPs I really want for great prices... and to get some cool pix.
My concern is its gonna be full of secular occult loving Christian haters with their new screamcore "metal" bands... I guess since it's not strictly a Christian event, I'll hafta take the bad wit da good.
Should be an interesting experience!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Have a great time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
The Heavy Metal Swap Meet Sdmeta10

So I mentioned how cool this looked and my wife said "LET'S GO" - I was like Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Next thing I know she made rez for a Holiday Inn down there.  She ain't into any of this so she'll prolly be shopping with our daughter in law, BUT I GET TO GO !  I'm so stoked !
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
If anyone wants to pray for me as well as Scott and the Roxx bunch, that'd be great. This is the 6th annual event and our first time there. I checked out the pictures and blog of those involved and attendees in the past... and it seems like there's a LOT of people still into "Satan" and all the crap that's "evil".  So the ROXX table is gonna be in a corner surrounded by this - I'm concerned they'll get a bunch of heckling and not enough support... but I could be wrong.  I just know the blog has some Christian metal bashing and lots of "666", demons, satan, occult, pentagrams, etc... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Other than that, this is gonna be way cool. Gonna score me some cool ROXX stuff and hopefully Scott will bring his duplicates and I can score some metal albums from him.

Anyone else here going ?

Find Scott and tell him to drop by some time. I believe he is, or once was, a regular at CMR and always had good insight into the harder side of the Christian music industry.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 6:26 pm

He may have got burned out by the constant bickering there. That's one of the reasons I haven't been there in over a year. 
Plus Scott has his own Metal board, so he prolly just hangs at his own thread. Idk
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 6:21 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I hope it's not a bust.  For it to be awesome beyond just meeting Scott, would be to find several CDs and LPs I really want for great prices... and to get some cool pix.
My concern is its gonna be full of secular occult loving Christian haters with their new screamcore "metal" bands... I guess since it's not strictly a Christian event, I'll hafta take the bad wit da good.

Then try to pray & think about this as your chance to enter the mission field.  How you represent yourself there will affect these guys.  If you go in all "Hell & Brimstone", then I am sure you'll get a negative response.  However, if you allow the Holy Spirit to lead you, you might even get the opportunity to share Jesus with at least a couple of these guys.  You don't have to save them as you cannot by yourself.  Only Jesus can save.  However, we were called to go into all the world to make disciples.  Perhaps this is more than a shopping trip--it is a missionary journey.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 7:47 am

For me it's a bit to far for only a weekend.
Guilty/Forgiven have a great time.

Next Saturday I'm going to see and hear Empire 21 live.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:57 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Then try to pray & think about this as your chance to enter the mission field.  How you represent yourself there will affect these guys.  If you go in all "Hell & Brimstone", then I am sure you'll get a negative response.  However, if you allow the Holy Spirit to lead you, you might even get the opportunity to share Jesus with at least a couple of these guys.  You don't have to save them as you cannot by yourself.  Only Jesus can save.  However, we were called to go into all the world to make disciples.  Perhaps this is more than a shopping trip--it is a missionary journey.
Good point brotha - I've spent such a long time being inwardly focused with my pain and my own struggles that I've managed to set aside my outward focus. You're right, this IS an opportunity to be Light in the darkness.... now I'm looking even MORE forward to this shindig !  Thanks man !
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:21 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
He may have got burned out by the constant bickering there. That's one of the reasons I haven't been there in over a year. 
Plus Scott has his own Metal board, so he prolly just hangs at his own thread. Idk

Yea, I only pop in every once in a while without even logging in, essentially an anonymous fly-by. I glance at the threads, see that nothing has really changed, and move on.  Sad. Sad

Still, it would be cool if he popped in here every so often.

I am just uber-impressed at your wife's attitude. Mine would simply say, "have fun," meaning I'd be on my own.

Last edited by BearDad on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 12:38 pm

BearDad wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Yea, I only pop in every once in a while without even logging in, essentially an anonymous fly-by. I glance at the threads, see that nothing has really changed, and move on.  Sad. Sad

Still, it would be cool if he popped in hear every so often.

I am just uber-impressed at your wife's attitude. Mine would simply say, "have fun," meaning I'd be on my own.

She's finally come to a place where she realizes music is a huge part of who I am.  I take care of all her needs and she tells me how happy she is with me all the time.
It is cool to hear her encouraging me in what I dig just like I encourage her with her passions (clothes shoes etc).
She won't be joining me at this shindig though, I told her it's gonna be loud and full of some scary metal dudes, so she's gonna drop me off and go mall shopping :-) 
It's best that way cuz when we're together, I feel like I should rush and not keep her... she feels the same when I'm with her shopping for clothes.. we're learning how each other works and it's just making our relationship even better each day.
I am blessed and don't take it for granted!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 1:57 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Still, it would be cool if he popped in hear every so often.

She's finally come to a place where she realizes music is a huge part of who I am.  I take care of all her needs and she tells me how happy she is with me all the time.
It is cool to hear her encouraging me in what I dig just like I encourage her with her passions (clothes shoes etc).
She won't be joining me at this shindig though, I told her it's gonna be loud and full of some scary metal dudes, so she's gonna drop me off and go mall shopping :-) 
It's best that way cuz when we're together, I feel like I should rush and not keep her... she feels the same when I'm with her shopping for clothes.. we're learning how each other works and it's just making our relationship even better each day.
I am blessed and don't take it for granted!

Stop! You're making me envious! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 3:31 pm

cheers Headbang
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Heavy Metal Swap Meet   The Heavy Metal Swap Meet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Heavy Metal Swap Meet
Page 1 of 1