Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sales Today

Go down 
+6
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
Staybrite
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Sales Today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 6:17 am

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
I tracked my package online and it said "delivered" so it will be there when I get home... However, with Father's Day right around the corner it very well could have been highjacked and put away. My wife does this ALL the time around any birthday or holiday. If that's the case I won't get it til Father's Day.

I have heard you mention this before (and I remember it almost happened with a cd I sent you).  I think it's hilarious...because it doesn't happen to me.
Laughing

Luckily Father's Day must have been far from her mind because it was on the breakfast bar when i got home. However, I don't know if I can say the same for the John Davis "Arigato" CD that I ordered that should be here later this week (interesting story behind that one but I was listening to samples on YouTube and liked it so I wanted to order it. I found John's email and shot him a note and he replied. I don't know that he remembered me but he definitely remembered the class I had with him in high school. Then he said he would send me an Arigato CD for nothing. Pretty nice guy). 

Anyway, Etneral Ryte came in the mail yesterday and I like it alot. The original production is rather thin (Pure Metal Records) but they did the best they could with it. In fact, the demos are actually better than the Pure Metal songs. The demos are raw and a bit heavier sounding but the only downside is they are from a cassette. With all the remastering in the world there isn't much you can do about it. And the "free" CD mentioned in the video with Bill and Scott did not come with it so it's not a big deal but i will ask Bill about it.

I just hope that John Davis CD gets here before Father's Day lands on her radar!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 10:08 am

My package is at the local facility as of this morning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 10:31 am

MikeInFla wrote:
I tracked my package online and it said "delivered" so it will be there when I get home... However, with Father's Day right around the corner it very well could have been highjacked and put away. My wife does this ALL the time around any birthday or holiday. If that's the case I won't get it til Father's Day.

I'd be ticked if my wife did that as it is just me buying my own gifts.  It requires no thought or effort in gift giving.  You should start doing that to her when she buys things and see how she likes it.  My wife would be steaming mad if I did that to her.

I am still waiting for my package.  I hope it got shipped before Girder makes its move to North Carolina.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Did not know Girder was moving... Yeah, I am used to it, she has been doing that for 20 years. And on Christmas or whichever holiday it seems like I get even moe gifts. She does buy a lot of stuff that I don't know about but somewhere in the mix is cd's or records I may have purchased.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 11:38 am

My package arrived yesterday.  It's been nice hearing Shout's It Won't Be Long Again and I've never actually listened to In Your Face.

The only song I'd heard by Ransom before now was Lasting Love.  A number of their songs seem very derivative of what was popular at the time.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Xid wrote:
My package arrived yesterday.  It's been nice hearing Shout's It Won't Be Long Again and I've never actually listened to In Your Face.

The only song I'd heard by Ransom before now was Lasting Love.  A number of their songs seem very derivative of what was popular at the time.

I really like that Ransom disc and I thought the songs sounded pretty good with better than average production for the time period (compared to the Eternal Ryte that I just bought that sounds very thin). Ransom reminds me of Saraya, another group that had some moderate success during the same time and also had a female vocalist).
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 2:24 pm

The production is great and overall it's a good album (I'm listening a 2nd time as I type this).  I like it musically and Lisa has a great voice for rock.  There's just a few songs that immediately bring other songs to mind.  You can almost sing Skid Row's I Remember You verses over Memories of You and Fool That I Am has characteristics of White Lion's Wait.

I couldn't get into Eternal Ryte.  I picked up World Requiem on cassette many moons ago.  I think I listened to it about 4 times.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Xid wrote:
The production is great and overall it's a good album (I'm listening a 2nd time as I type this).  I like it musically and Lisa has a great voice for rock.  There's just a few songs that immediately bring other songs to mind.  You can almost sing Skid Row's I Remember You verses over Memories of You and Fool That I Am has characteristics of White Lion's Wait.

I couldn't get into Eternal Ryte.  I picked up World Requiem on cassette many moons ago.  I think I listened to it about 4 times.

I remember liking Eternal Ryte better when I discovered it a few years ago. Now that I have the actual disc it is just ok and I am not done playing it yet. Will prob get a few spins out of it then file it away. So far I like the demos and live tracks better than the Pure Metal tracks but it all sounds like an old cassette so that right there makes it interesting to hear but undesirable in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 5:28 pm

I'll have to see if my cassette will play and take another listen.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:45 am

Just got another e-mail from Bill that says "package is on its way" which is cool, must be the freebie they are giving away in Scott & Bill's video. Cool, will let you know when it arrives but since today is Thursday I will probably get it on Mon or Tues next week.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 5:52 am

I am going to email Girder if my package doesn't come today.  Like I said, they are moving to North Carolina and my CDs were supposed to be mailed before that happened or I could be waiting for a couple of weeks.  I hope that doesn't happen.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 7:16 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I am going to email Girder if my package doesn't come today.  Like I said, they are moving to North Carolina and my CDs were supposed to be mailed before that happened or I could be waiting for a couple of weeks.  I hope that doesn't happen.

Is Girder and Retroactive now one company? The reason I ask is because in the past i have bought stuff on eBay from "Boone's Overstock" and it is clearly Matt selling stuff (based on the Iowa address). It is where I bought the WOS re-re-issue a few months ago. But when I go to eBay now and look at the Boone's Overstock store there is only one item listed.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 10:09 am

I know that Greg from Girder said that the business was moving to N. Carolina.  I was thinking that Matt was in Iowa, but that could have changed over the years.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Matt Hunt is indeed still in Iowa.  He probably has just been busy.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 4:51 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Matt Hunt is indeed still in Iowa.  He probably has just been busy.

Yeah, I was just wondering what was up. Normally his e-bay store has hundreds of listings and now it only has one. 

Nevermind, just checked it and he has over 1500 items for sale today. A couple of days ago there was 1 lising. He has that Carlsen/Cromwell CD on his list. I think he doesn't  have it listed as Retroactive because it isn't just music, prob 85% of what he is selling is small household goods and DVD's. 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/boonesoverstock/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

And, I could be completely wrong and it may not be him at all I just assumed it was because of all of the CD's featured and the location (Iowa).
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Just got another shipment from Roxx again yesterday. This one included my FREE version of Crossforce. I have only played the first 2 songs so far and it is pretty good but you can only do so much with a demo cassette, even if it is remastered by Cliffy. Still, if you listen to it for what it is -- demos on cassette it sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 9:22 pm

I FINALLY got my shipping notice from Girder.  Nothing like promising to ship your stuff before they moved and then waiting until afterwards.  Oh, well.  Waiting has done me good as I have listened to a few things I've just not played while I've waited.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 5:32 am

Oh so they didn't ship it last week or so? Just sent you a note that it shipped? Hopefully you will have it by the weekend. 

I ordered Impellitteri on ebay for 9.99. I thought it was a good deal. Turns out it ships from Canada (darn Canadians!) and it ended up being around 17.99 total for everything and that kind of ticked me off that the seller didn't mention that. Then the next DAY Bill Roxx announced he had it on vinyl. So if I had known the CD was going to cost me 17.99 I would have waited another day and bought the vinyl for 3 dollars more. I  have been listening to Venom on Spotify since it was released and at first I wasn't sure about it - it is top notch, great sounding production and vocals but a lot of the songs sound the same. But I figured since I had been playing it for over a week straight I might as well go ahead and purchase it. But it still hasn't arrived and has no tracking number. I'm glad Frontiers is releasing some good music, but this is the 2nd vendor I have ordered from with "free shipping" that happened to be a vendor from Canada. The other release (FM) was also around 17.99 after the "free shipping" and other fees. And they were completely different vendors, one shipping from Texas, the other New York. I was beginning to think they were the same "store" because they have the same CD's for sale on e-bay and ALL of them are Frontiers releases.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 10:17 am

Well, here is a quick overview of what came in the mail now that I had a chance to listen to it all. Eternal Ryte Anthology - Sounds pretty dated and a bit thin or tinny on production but I am sure the remastering helped. Not as cool as I remember it. The demos are actually better than the Pure Metal cuts, they are more raw but it is obvious it is from a cassette. Played once, probably not again if ever. As I said not as cool as I remember it although it has some excellent guitar work.

Crossforce "Rockin Til The Final Day": Had to keep an open mind about this one because it is demos ALL from cassette. It has their original demo and the demo they submitted to Frontline Records. If someone had given this to me in 1989 I would have loved it. Today, not so much. Again I had to keep an open mind about it because it was from cassette and while it is decent it just isn't great. Will spin this 2-3 times to give it a good, complete listen.

Impellitteri  "Venom": Smokin'! This is the only one I have from them/him. I heard people say that this would not win any new fans over but I guess it has because I bought it. Very well put together and top notch production (as are all of the Frontiers releases). Some of the songs kind of sound the same but so far I have played this 5 or 6 times and I am not tired of it yet (listening in my truck on the way to work and driving around town). Will probably play this for the next few months then put it away for a while, go back and listen again probably in a year or two. As stated above in my last message I probably should have waited and bought the vinyl because after all was said and done I ended up paying around $18 for this and could have gotten the vinyl for only a few dollars more.

Oh, and Crossforce was free so I can't complain (you can get one free too if you watch the video earlier in this thread!).

Last edited by MikeInFla on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 7:32 am

ONE of my CDs showed up on Saturday.  The other two discs were totally missing from the package although they showed on the email shipping receipt.  I emailed Girder and of course they are traveling and won't be able to handle it until the weekend.  I am still missing:

The Altar Boys - When You're A Rebel
Steve Taylor & The Perfect Foil

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 3:16 pm

I cannot get Girder to answer emails about my missing merchandise.  So, as of today, I am filing a complaint against them through PayPal.  I am guessing that customer service isn't their strong point.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 3:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I cannot get Girder to answer emails about my missing merchandise.  So, as of today, I am filing a complaint against them through PayPal.  I am guessing that customer service isn't their strong point.

I've never had issues with them but you just never know. Maybe the move is taking them longer than they thought. Either way they shoudl come thru on their part of the bargain.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm

They had time to respond that they were going to a festival and would take care of my order on either Sunday the 21st or Mon. the 22nd after they returned from the festival.  I would say that the move didn't slow them down much or they wouldn't be selling at festivals.  I hope that the worst that happened is that he sold out of the Altar Boys disc and is trying to get more before shipping them. 

However, many people over the years at the CMR have had issues with them.  They can be fairly unpredictable when it comes to receiving orders.  I once sold some Mission Of One CDs to them that were supposed to be 30 days and then payment.  It took me 6 months to get paid from him.  Had he contacted me himself, I would not have pushed for the money.  If they were not selling, he could have returned them if he had just talked to me.  But, that was years ago.  I have ordered since and have gotten stuff from them.  Depending on how this current order goes, I may not be ordering from them again.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23417
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 11:59 am

I have heard of others (mostly at the CMR) that have had issues with Girder.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 8:38 am

I am now just asking for a refund for the rest of my money.  I don't think I am ever going to get my merch from Girder and WON'T be ordering from them again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sales Today   Sales Today - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sales Today
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next