Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forbidden Fruit

Go down 
+12
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
Deepfriar
bassdude
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
ishmael81
messiaen77
Xid
alldatndensum
Samson
BearDad
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 9:13 am

Just finished a Toblerone chocolate bar. I'm always surprised i don't eat the whole bar at once. Most of the time when i go buy chocolate it's Tony's Chocolonely. 100% Slave-free chocolate. And they make limited editions every once in a while. I just can't resist trying a new limited edition.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 10:56 am

oteis wrote:
Just finished a Toblerone chocolate bar. I'm always surprised i don't eat the whole bar at once. Most of the time when i go buy chocolate it's Tony's Chocolonely. 100% Slave-free chocolate. And they make limited editions every once in a while. I just can't resist trying a new limited edition.

Toblerones were unique to Europe when I lived there (79-82), but you can find them here now. Never cared much for the nuts in them, but the chocolate is good.

My favorite all time candy bar is the European Mars bar, assuming it is still made the same. I understand it is the same as a Milky Way in the US, but somehow the MW has never tasted as well.  Probably a mental thing.

And while we are talking about European food ... what I wouldn't give for fresh fritten. I remember watching the guy at the local  fritture (sp?) make them ... he put them in the oil three times! Triple fried fries .... mmmmm!
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 12:10 pm

BearDad wrote:

And while we are talking about European food ... what I wouldn't give for fresh fritten. I remember watching the guy at the local  fritture (sp?) make them ... he put them in the oil three times! Triple fried fries .... mmmmm!
The best fries are the Flemish friet (Belgian). They are way bigger than French fries and slightly bigger than the Dutch fries (Patat as we call it, probably named after potatoes) . Speaking about fried food. I really love Kroketten as well. A real dutch treat. It's a mixture of chopped beef in a crunchy breadcrumb coating.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 3:36 pm

oteis wrote:
BearDad wrote:

The best fries are the Flemish friet (Belgian). They are way bigger than French fries and slightly bigger than the Dutch fries (Patat as we call it, probably named after potatoes) . Speaking about fried food. I really love Kroketten as well. A real dutch treat. It's a mixture of chopped beef in a crunchy breadcrumb coating.

My dad was stationed at a little radar station in Belgium, and we lived in Riemst, about 30 minutes from the dutch border and Maastricht. At least once a week my mom would me to the little frieture (?) on the corner with some cash and a big bowl! Smile
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 6:58 pm

I love authentic French pastry and bakery. Nothing can replace a fresh baguette or a religieuse (which is a double-decker éclair). Very Happy

On this side of the ocean, however, it's poutine. That's French fries covered with cheese curds and thick gravy. It's got a particular way of making you hungry when you smell it and making you full as soon as you down your first bite.
Back to top Go down
Deepfriar

Deepfriar

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2014-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Is it too late to say my favorite candy bar is Nutrageous?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 8:57 pm

Nutrageous are nummy!  I like Fast Break, too.  Lots of peanut butter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 11:16 am

I drink a fair bit of beer...  Most evenings I'll have one or two and on the weekends often more.  I know my limits well though and don't get drunk.  I do love me my beer though...  I love you
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 8:40 pm

oteis wrote:
BearDad wrote:

I'm partial to tajaditas. You take green bananas, slice them, salt rub them, wash them, and fry them. They have a similar texture to potatoes but taste way better.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 8:41 pm

kerrick wrote:
I drink a fair bit of beer...  Most evenings I'll have one or two and on the weekends often more.  I know my limits well though and don't get drunk.  I do love me my beer though...  I love you
I'll take a beer. Oh wait...
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:06 am

I think the desert type foods are pretty obvious (dark chocolate ROCKS), but what gets me is flame grilled meats. It doesn't matter if it is burgers and dogs, or steaks, brisket, ribs, etc.  I can, and usually do, eat myself into oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forbidden Fruit
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: