Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forbidden Fruit

Go down 
+12
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
Deepfriar
bassdude
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
ishmael81
messiaen77
Xid
alldatndensum
Samson
BearDad
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:12 pm

I couldn't decide what the better topic title would be: "Forbidden Fruit" or "Guilty Pleasure"

Before you respond, let me remind you this is a Christian forum (yes, I labeled it. Deal with it!)

My wife makes the BEST salsa, hands down. I don't know where she got the recipe; perhaps it's a combination of multiple recipes. In any case, I have never tasted better, store bought or homemade. And I LOVE just eating chips and salsa, a la Mexican Restaurant style.  MMM

Sadly, salsa is a bit on the fattening side. Sad  Not to mention the chips! Oy vey! Eating chips and salsa is probably why my six pack is so well insulated!

But that's not the worst of it. Over the years I have developed either a weak stomach or an ulcer; if I eat too much spicy food, or too many sweets, I get a serious belly ache. Forbidden Fruit Crying

So now I have a forbidden fruit "growing" in my house, as there is no way my wife won't make her salsa (and I wouldn't want her to). Nor is there much chance I will skip eating it, at least not for long! Oh, it hurts so good!

So what's your "guilty pleasure"?
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:26 pm

Hamburgers, pizza, tacos
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:28 pm

FOOD

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:36 pm

^^ Come on guys. That's too obvious. Er, not that you're fat. I mean, I wouldn't know,  umm ...

Forbidden Fruit Digginghole
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Samoa Girl Scout Cookies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 12:00 am

Dr. Pepper...I love it and must have it everyday...The way it taste to me is simply heaven Hubba hubba If I miss a day or two I go into withdrawal and get headaches and I have gone out in rain and snow storms to get my fix!! Twisted Evil
Also fast food..I love it and I eat a ton of it..makes me no difference what it is ..one day its burgers, the next its burritos, the next is hotdogs and then back to burgers.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 7:42 am

Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs.  I love all things Reese's, but there is something extra good about the eggs.  Also, my mother-in-law just sent a whole bunch of Amish cheese that she (no kidding) ordered online.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:49 am

Christian forum... haha BearDad, I see what you did there... Smile

To answer your question, I have a problem with chips. Doesn't matter what kind. If they're crunchy and salty, I'll eat them till I'm sick. So we don't keep them around the house.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:53 am

C h o c o l a t e.
My favorite chocolate is dark, the darker the better and with nuts please.
Now, don't say I'm nuts geek 

C h e e s e.
I love all kinds of cheese, the blue cheeses from France and Italy are the best.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:01 am

Being a Methodist, I have no problem saying this . . .

Beer

It affects one of my medications (nothing life threatening, mind you) based on the alcohol content.  But there are just so many good ones out there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:14 am

^^ This.....beer.

Once a month or so, I get together with an old friend and have a beer. We prefer stouts and porters, nothing you can see through.....that's my basic beer rule, if I can see through it, I probably don't want to drink it.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 10:57 am

Beer is one that I have to be careful with too. If I have a real heavy dinner, and then have a beer, I'll get indigestion. But like TTDR said, there's so many good ones. A brewer here in St Louis has a Helles Ale that's out seasonally and just hit the shelves... so good. Their mainstays are a pale ale that's good and a Hefeweizan that's amazing.... oh and their subsidiary makes my favorite beer ever - Louis Osterweis Hard Ginger Beer.

Wait, what are we talking about again?
Back to top Go down
Deepfriar

Deepfriar

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:35 am

I was going to go with something safe like pizza, but them two ^ are taking the plunge, so might as well:

vodka.

Oh, and Blizzard games (Diablo II/III and World of Warcraft).

and pizza.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:39 am

Deepfriar wrote:
I was going to go with something safe like pizza, but them two ^ are taking the plunge, so might as well:

vodka.

Oh, and Blizzard games (Diablo II/III and World of Warcraft).

and pizza.

My daughter has a T-shirt that states on the front in big, bold letters: "I was told there would be pizza" Smile  If I had one it would say "doughnuts."
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 2:40 pm

Ice cream. Love it, but for some reason it makes me feel "bleh". 
Even the low sugar ones.  Perhaps it's the dairy content, idk.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 3:10 pm

Mine would be ice cream as well but in the last few years my lactose intolerance has gotten worse. Headaches, stomach cramps, diarrhea... not worth ice cream to me.

And Deepfriar, I enjoy the occasional vodka drink. I'm more of a Tom Collins man, which has sloe gin, but a screwdriver every once and a while is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 3:57 pm

One of my worst one is Pizza, (mostly because of the cheese).  But I can't eat cow cheese anymore...so it's goat (or sheep) cheese..which is still amazingly good.  If I make a pizza with mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage, tomatoes and goat cheese I just can't stop at one or two pieces, I usually eat four and then I am horribly sick the next day for it.  Just love the taste so much I just can't seem to stop myself.

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 pm

Pizza pretty much does me in as well. In fact, it's probably what DID me in! I worked at a pizza place my first year of college, including during the summer, and one of the benefits was a free personal pizza after working X number of hours. Plus I brought home the occasional "oops" at the end of the day. Smile  I ate A LOT of pizza that year, and I have always been pepperoni and mushroom guy. I suspect I pretty much destroyed my stomach. Sad
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 9:12 am

Pizza:  Enough said.
Back to top Go down
Deepfriar

Deepfriar

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 2:11 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Mine would be ice cream as well but in the last few years my lactose intolerance has gotten worse. Headaches, stomach cramps, diarrhea... not worth ice cream to me.

And Deepfriar, I enjoy the occasional vodka drink. I'm more of a Tom Collins man, which has sloe gin, but a screwdriver every once and a while is pretty good.
I tried something different with a screwdriver the other night: add a little bit of cranberry grape juice (the 100% juice Ocean Spray version, the less sugar the better), and it is fantastic.  I call it a "blood drive" (because it turns the liquid a little reddish lol).

Anyway...  carry on...  >.>
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 4:06 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

I'm all over the poor man's vodka sour: 1 oz vodka with 3 oz Squirt (give or take an oz of either ingredient!  What a Face )  Also love SoCo on the rocks, drank slow to let the ice melt and lesson any ill effects (or is that "affects" ... someone ask the grammar police please) that straight liquor has on my weak stomach. And I really, really, really like what some call alcopops, but they hurt worse than my wife's salsa!
Back to top Go down
Deepfriar

Deepfriar

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Effects is the noun, affects is the verb.  Smile

And I try not to do straight liquor anymore either...  unless it's whiskey.  >.>
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 7:59 pm

My weaknesses are:

Chocolate (yes, that dark chocolate is the best)

Pizza

Pancakes

Ice Cream

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Mmmm.  Ice cream.  Cookies & Cream please!  Or Chocolate/Peanut Butter.  Or Cherry/Strawberry Cheesecake. Or, or or...
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 9:00 am

I'm up for some ice cream..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forbidden Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Fruit   Forbidden Fruit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forbidden Fruit
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: