Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Local or mailorder

Go down 
+12
Xid
rockerVu2
topshot rhit
Deepfriar
Driven
Hardkore
bassdude
alldatndensum
BearDad
Staybrite
ishmael81
Fundy
16 posters
AuthorMessage

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:57 am

When you go out to buy cd's or vinyl (secular or christian) are you able to find it locally where you live or do you have to order from somewhere else/// I would say on cd's I have to order from someone else 90% of the time but on vinyl its about 50/50...
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 1:36 pm

There's nothing much in the UK at all (from a Christian point of view), so everything has to come through mail order.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 2:07 pm

I get pretty much everything through the mail... Amazon, eBay or Swapacd.com.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 2:19 pm

Unless I am looking for something secular that is going to be very popular (which I almost never am), I am not going to be able to find it locally.  I have to get 99.9% of my music by mail/internet.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Pierre is not quite in the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from here!  There ain't NOTHIN' local here.

Local or mailorder Middle-of-nowhere2-300x199

There is a used record store, but as I recall they wan't gold for all their stuff so I haven't been there in some time. However, now that I have a working turntable again I might just pay them a visit to see if there are any diamonds buried in their racks.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 3:38 pm

BearDad wrote:
....There is a used record store, but as I recall they wan't gold for all their stuff so I haven't been there in some time....

I was at this used record store in downtown Tacoma a few years back and they didn't didn't have a single used cd for less than $5.99.  The vast majority of their used cds were $7.99 to $9.99.  They had a used copy of Bloodgood's "All Stand Together" for $24 (I kid you not).  Prices so insane I never went back there again.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 3:47 pm

There are no music stores in Watertown.  I have to drive a good while to get to the few remaining music stores around.  However, even stores like Lifeway are carrying far less CDs than ever.  So, I have probably not bought a disc in a real store in probably 7-8 months now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 4:31 pm

My local Christian bookstore used to carry a lot of good music, and would order pretty much anything I asked them for if they didn't have it.....unfortunately they closed last fall because the online competition was too tough and they couldn't compete.

Now everybody's all...."Hey, I miss that store" but they didn't buy stuff there when it was open.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 6:29 pm

There is only one Christian shop in town that I know of but they don't have my kind of music. So it is all from online.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 6:53 pm

The one Christian bookstore in town, which was quite diminutive (I might've spotted one Stryper CD and a couple Petra CDs, once), closed recently, and the huge warehouse in Ottawa closed some time ago, too. Now all that remains is online ordering, which I think is what killed the Christian bookstore… If I want something specific, I'll order it online. I like to browse the used CD stores in town once in a while, as I have found gems once or twice, but I haven't found anything of note lately. Hmm, maybe I should dig through the pawn shops in this town…
Back to top Go down
Deepfriar

Deepfriar

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 6:25 am

Most of mine come from Amazon, eBay, or Discogs.  Every once in a while I'll stumble onto something at a used store in Knoxville or the one here in town <-- less often.  Sometimes I'll use a specific retailer like metalhelm or nordicmission if there's something I'm having trouble finding.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 7:45 am

We have a cool store run by hippies (really old now) that I used to frequent a lot when I listened to secular music. Huge vinyl section, too, though it was still in favor back then so I'd guess it's smaller now.

For Christian I have picked up a couple CDs at the large CBS we have if I had a coupon, but that's been about 10 years ago. Anything since is online.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 8:04 am

Local is not the way to get the CDs I love to have.
The only option for me is ordering by mail.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 9:32 am

Almost anything is ordered online these days for us.  I've spent too much time running around town only to wind up empty handed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 10:04 am

I'll find a CD or two at Half Priced Books every now and then.  But mostly I order online through Christian Rock Shop, Roxx Productions, Brent Miller, Nightmare Records, eBay or Amazon.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 10:40 am

Mail order.  I might pick up a CD every now and then at Walmart but I don't go there looking for them. The last CD I bought was Dennis DeYoung "The Music Of Styx Live in LA" and it came from Amazon. Most vinyl I buy on eBay or Amazon. Which reminds me I got House Of The Holy on vinyl for Christmas and still haven't had time to play it. One of the last records I bought.in the mall was The Beatles White Album and they didn't have it in store. I had to order it then pick it up. I still enjoy browsing FYE but rarely buy anything because prices are so high. I have a $25 gift card for FYE and I'd really like to get Farewell To Kings on vinyl since I have never owned that album (or Hemispheres) in any format. But I just discovered a band from England called FM and they are  a GREAT sounding AOR/Classic Rock type band and they have a new one coming out in April and its a double LP. So I might order that from FYE .

Too much music, too little $$$. Plus plans to order Recon on vinyl when it comes out. 

Some Frontiers stuff is hard to find around here so that's why I ordered Dennis DeYoung mail order. More than likely I won't be able to find FM around here either since they are on Frontiers too.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 11:27 am

For what I REALLY want ? Has to be mail-order.  For some fun rummage surprises, I have to drive anywhere from an hour minimum to find good albums of any medium.  Best place ever was a Church owned thrift store in Northern California. They had thousands of CDs and records for only a buck a piece. I scored 60+ Christian CDs in like new shape from them.  It was my biggest haul ever. Sometimes our local thrift stores will surprise me with some cool music. But rarely.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 11:29 am

We used to have a full on music store in town with at least 2 used vinyl and CD stores including a couple Christian Book Stores. Southern California has all but closed all the CBS... I never see em anywhere anymore.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 9:49 am

When I go to the local store to ask if they have Disciple they are looking at me if I'm nuts.
Back to top Go down

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 12:21 pm

I have surprisingly found several Christian metal albums on Vinyl at the flea market here in Tulsa...I got bloodgood's detonation in real good shape and I found Barnabas' Approaching Light Speed and Feel the Fire new sealed for $5 each...what a steal and a find...also found a cd copy of Shouts In Your Face, Jag's The only World In Town and Sanctuary praise at a thrift store for $1 each..
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Deepfriar wrote:
Most of mine come from Amazon, eBay, or Discogs.  Every once in a while I'll stumble onto something at a used store in Knoxville or the one here in town <-- less often.  Sometimes I'll use a specific retailer like metalhelm or nordicmission if there's something I'm having trouble finding.
McKay's still there? That place was awesome but I haven't been there in years. Also Raven Records on the strip near UT campus had a good selection of used CDs but they might be all vinyl now.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 8:40 am

We have quite a few thrift stores in town, but most of them just sell crap. There are three independent recordstores and a large media franchise company as well. I try to buy my new cd's/records at the independent stores if the price is right. Sometimes i buy cd's at Wowhd or a dutch eBay site called Marktplaats.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

Local or mailorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local or mailorder   Local or mailorder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local or mailorder
Page 1 of 1