Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sweet/Lynch

Go down 
+9
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
topshot rhit
oteis
alldatndensum
BearDad
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Redeemed Fool
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 12:42 pm

It's out. Sounds like a Stryper album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

I haven't got it yet, but the few songs that I heard really sounded a lot like Stryper songs....must just be MS voice dominating the sound.

Redeemed Fool

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Also show how much and Lynch and Oz are influenced by VH.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Check out this sweet deal.  Not even one day old and you can get a used copy for only $16.18 (+ $3.99 shipping).  Best part is it's an unread copy in perfect condition!!!!

Sweet/Lynch  Sweet_10

Redeemed Fool

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Seems high for a used copy.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 5:03 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Not to mention this version is a BOOK! Smile
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

I disagree.  The Wish and Only To Rise do to some degree, but the styles of the rest vary enough that I don't hear any Stryper influence outside Michael's voice.

Last edited by BearDad on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 5:19 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

But it's an unread copy!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 7:31 am

I like it, but it seems like a Michael Sweet solo album with Lynch playing guitar.  I know that Lynch wrote the music, but there are some rock, metal, and even alternative flavors going on here.  Add some country and this could be Mike's last album.  I think some folks will love it, but many fans will be a little put off by it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 8:55 am

It's on spotify as well if anyone want's to listen before buying...
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 11:06 am

How are the lyrics?

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 11:39 am

English. 

Razz Razz
Back to top Go down

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 12:50 pm

I saw this for $10 at the local record store yesterday...walked right past it because I am not interested in anything to do with Michael Sweet...i ended up buying some sealed Queen and Kiss on vinyl....
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Why the thing against Sweet?  I don't want to argue.  I am just curious.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 5:47 pm

Me too (curious, I mean)
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 6:02 pm

^I would assume because of Michael's antics on CMR.  He gets defensive rather quickly and Savage Amusement is not one to hold back an opinion (and I mean that in a good way!).
Back to top Go down

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 1:37 am

Quote :
Why the thing against Sweet?  I don't want to argue.  I am just curious.

Quote :
Me too (curious, I mean)

sure..I will answer this question but i don't want a debate...My thing with stryper goes way back to the 80s...I have always had a love/hate thing with stryper..and mostly because of Michaels voice (and those sappy crappy ballads)... I love the way Oz plays and the way Robert plays but not a fan of Michaels talents... Then a couple of years ago Stryper came through the city I lived in at the time and played a small club..I have a fellow musician friend who played guitar in a band that was hired to open the gig..my friend is an atheist who thinks Christian metal is a farce... The next day after the show I asked him how it was to meet stryper (hoping they would be a good witness to him)..he told me that Robert, Oz and Tim were really cool and had a beer with his band after the show and that he was pleasantly surprised...but then he starts talking to me about Michael...He said that Michael was a complete jerk to them, very demanding of their set (telling them how to set up and what they could play and generally just being rude)..my friend told me that it left him soured and that if Mike represented God he still wasn't interested..This disappointed me... Then Michael shows up on the CMR where he was very challenging and defensive..he asked what everyone thought of his music and I guess he didn't like my review..Sure I spurred it on a little and wish I wouldn't have but actually it surprised me how argumentative and ignorant Michael got....that really sowered me on him and also made me think of my friend who said Michael acts that way...then I read his book...It really came off to me as ignorant..when he started talking noise about his mom and  his brother and Tim (how they kicked him out of the band at one point because Michael didn't think he was good enough) and how he made comments like"oz is the greatest guitar player" and that OZ, Tim and Robert cant write songs and how Michael is in charge and makes all decisions and writes everything it became apparent to me he was a control freak and a jerk (side note..I recently read that his mom plans to write a book and "set The story straight" in response to michaels book Razz  I find it funny that a rock stars mom would do this)..And right after his book comes out he gets into an online argument (that he started) with Nikki Sixx calling Sixx and Crue liars and trashing their book...It also sours me that stryper (Michael) made a decision that they will only meet and greet fans that pay for the meet and greet...are you kidding me...If an artist doesn't have time for fans unless they are getting paid to have time then that is a band I wont support (their are a few secular bands I wont support because they trash their fans)... I really had to stop and ask myself is this guy someone I want to support...No. I will be fair and say that I expected more from Michael because he is a Christian who plays and represent the biggest Christian rock group ever..and most of his testimony and witness is to unbelievers... So in the end I dont like his voice or singing style or his attitude...and as a result he wont get my support or my money... Thats about it..
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 12:02 pm

That's too bad but instead of letting the one bad apple ruin it it's too bad your friend can't see the three guys who were cool to him. Jesus saves jerks too.
Back to top Go down

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 2:23 pm

Quote :
That's too bad but instead of letting the one bad apple ruin it it's too bad your friend can't see the three guys who were cool to him. Jesus saves jerks too.
Faith is something you either have or dont have..I think faith comes from man and is a result of being convinced about something or not...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 4:04 pm

Romans 12:3New American Standard Bible (NASB)
For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 9:17 am

Back to Sweet/Lynch...I think this is a phenomenal record. Can you hear some Stryper in it? Sure. But does it sound like Stryper? No, not much. There's really only one song, Recover, that sounds just like Stryper. I would swear Mike Sweet did the guitars on that one too because the rhythm guitar sounds exactly like the tone on NMHTP. But other than that, you can easily tell that Lynch is all over this thing. Any fan of classic 70s or 80s hard rock would love this.

Lyrically, it's mostly positive, with hints of Mike's faith sprinkled in. That's to be expected since Lynch is an atheist and would not have put his name on a record proclaiming Christ. But, I see no problems in the lyrics at all.

My favorite tracks as of now would be Dying Rose, Time Will Tell, Me Without You, September and Divine. The only track that I don't really care for is Hero-Zero. It's not bad, just not a style I like.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 1:57 pm

Yeah, after a few more listens I mostly agree. Me likey.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 9:30 pm

This is VERY good.  I hear hints of melodic hard rock, melodic metal and blues.  In certain places it reminds of "Against The Law".  Twelve front to back good songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:18 pm

I like it, but something just doesn't grab me yet with it.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:47 pm

I still don't have it yet. Not sure what I'm waiting for.

Sweet/Lynch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch    Sweet/Lynch  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweet/Lynch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: