Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So what new music did you get?

Go down 
+8
Fundy
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
metaldude
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

So what new music did you get? Empty
PostSubject: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 7:53 am

I got these:

So what new music did you get? IMG_20141226_043506384_HDR

Have been listening to the Broad Is The Gate downloads since Rich first sent them out. The CD has been ripped to my iPod but I haven't played it yet. When I first got the tunes I didn't know the track listing so it is now in correct order. The cd itself comes in a lame suck-a-pack and is pretty flimsy, I'm afraid the disc might fall out. But it does have nice artwork, some pics and lyrics (haven't checked them out yet to look for missssppelld words but I am sure they are there Smile

Haven't played the Roxx disc yet and I had no idea I was even getting it, so it was a nice surprise (remember, I knew I was getting all of these because I ordered them but my wife intercepts all mail to me during this time of year and wraps up everything but the bills).

WOS - new version. Played the first couple of tracks, sounds good but I don't like the drum sound. It is also a suck-a-pack with nothing notable on the inside at all but I am glad to finally have it and the artwork is great.

So what new music did you get? IMG_20141226_043426668

Listened to part of Stay on the way to work this morning. As you can see I changed the cover art. I think this is what the originally wanted for the cover art but it was rejected by the record company. Not sure if this IS the cover art or just the idea they had for it. Either way it is much better than the original art. Has some nice photos and lyrics plus good liner notes. But I wonder why Brian is included in the photos when he doesn't play on this album.

The other is Jupiter VI, deluxe edition with the guitar pic and bonus disc. Haven't played it yet but looking forward to hearing it. I was afraid the guitar pic would get lost but luckily they shipped in in a plastic bag so I can keep the bonus disc and pic inside the poly-bag.

Also got Led Zep's House Of The Holy on vinyl but haven't listened to it yet. Also got as $25 gift card to FYe and a $25 iTunes card so I am ready music wise, just waiting on some new releases!

So what did Santa bring you this year?

Last edited by MikeInFla on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 7:56 am

By the way, if you have the Saint albums on your phone or iPod and want good artwork, go here:

http://www.albumartexchange.com and search for Broad Is The Gate and Warriors Of The Son. That's where I found the artwork. When I ripped the CD's to the computer it could not find artwork so I found it at that site.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 8:39 am

I did not get any music for Christmas.  Sad

I never get music for Christmas anymore.  My wife won't buy it.  She thinks I buy too much music as it is.  Also, she has bought stuff for me in the past that I ended up trading, so she doesn't buy music.  I don't really blame her.

I did, however, get a ton of movies!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 8:48 am

No one in my family will buy me music. They fear I either won't like it (not metal) or I already have it. Right now my newest album is the "best of" compilation that Grave Forsaken is giving away. Good stuff if you like thrash.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:32 am

I normally buy all of my own stuff too but as I have stated before, when it comes in the mail she wraps it up. Music-wise she always buys me some type of music store giftcard so I can pick out what I want.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 10:00 am

S91 - Volonta Legata
The Brave - Rise
Stryper - Live at the Whiskey
Michael Sweet - I'm Not Your Suicide
Saint - Live in '05
Grave Forsaken - Plugged Into The Machine
Theocracy - Theocracy (vinyl)

Very Happy

Last edited by Through The Dark Radio on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 11:56 am

Alter Bridge - ABIII
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 12:08 pm

No one buys me music either (for the same reasons) but they DO give me gift cards to get music Thumbs Up

My daughter was smart, having noticed on FB all the music bios I've read recently, she bought me a hot off the press 1st printing 2014 autobio by Mick Fleetwood called "Play On". She knows Fleetwood Mac is one of my all time favs, so she got me a brand new book she knew I wouldn't have. 
Gonna finish Sweet's Honestly, then read Mick's, then I'll be reading Through MY Windows by SFC lead Chris Cooper "Sup".

Gonna go shopping with my gift cards for some new tunes. Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
No one buys me music either (for the same reasons) but they DO give me gift cards to get music Thumbs Up

Same here, but I didn't get any gift cards for music either.  I did however get a gift card for my new favorite store "Total Wine".  Imagine a full-sized grocery store that sells nothing but wine (and some beer and spirits...but 75% is wine).  There are more different wines that you can shake a cork-puller at!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 1:32 pm

^ Nice !

Here's just a handful of albums that could be considered Christmas gifts to myself (since I just got them)

So what new music did you get? 14196110
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 2:16 pm

Letter7 - Trust

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 2:56 pm

I won a raffle on facebook of Four Star Revival's CD!  That's the only music I got this year.  Though I did get a midi keyboard so I can start making my own music!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 3:32 pm

kerrick wrote:
I won a raffle on facebook of Four Star Revival's CD!  That's the only music I got this year.  Though I did get a midi keyboard so I can start making my own music!  Very Happy

Wow, not much stuff released this year that you wanted?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 3:42 pm

So what new music did you get? Fb_img10

Just arrived today !  Unopened original vinyl from 1989. Love it !
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Man that's awesome! Never knew that one was on vinyl. Plan on opening it? I know I would!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Already opened ! I'm not one of those collectors who like to "look" at their albums... I play em and enjoy them ! Thing has been sealed for 26 years.... until now Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:39 pm

Wow sealed Shout-In Your Face....what a cool find.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 12:39 am

It was CHEAP too ! I think after S&H I only paid like 13 to 14 bucks.

It belongs in this thread as I purchased it with an Amazon gift card I got from our office Christmas party
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 2:00 am

I didnt get it for a gift was bought around a couple weeks or so a few songs off of Saints Broad is The Gate.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 9:40 am

No music bought for me - my folks got me clothes (which I appreciate as we're broke and can't afford any), my wife didn't get me anything (see before, about being broke) but my mother and father in law gave me $25 which I promptly used to order...

So what new music did you get? 51OoKcvMY3L._SX425_

An it's the 19 CD box set, with all the B-Sides... Sweet.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 3:31 pm

I never get any music for Christmas unless I get it for myself. The only new disc (for me) was Deliverance -What a Joke. I did also get a bunch of Blu-Ray movies too. Then again I got them for myself too. I got 'em back during black Friday.
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 8:07 pm

Is "what a joke" the actual title for that cd or is the cd a joke because its so bad.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 8:44 pm

rich71 wrote:
Is "what a joke" the actual title for that cd or is the cd a joke because its so bad.
It is the actual title.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_a_Joke

http://lyrics.wikia.com/Deliverance:What_A_Joke

I'm so tired of all this guile.
Homo's saying they're not perverted, it's an alternative lifestyle.
Law enforcement, politicians, and businessmen;
these days with most of them, corruption is a synonym.
We fight this battle, not against evil, against those who think they are good.
I've not stolen, murdered or destroyed.
God will let me in.

What a joke!
God will laugh at your calamity.
What a joke!
He will mock when your terror comes.

Wannabe intellects spew, "There is no God", "There is no God",
proving themselves fools, liars and frauds.
Remnant prays this battle against evil, against those who perceive they are right.
They've not stolen, murdered, or destroyed.
God must let them in.

What a joke!
What a joke!
He will mock when your terror comes.
What a joke!
Despising knowledge, choosing not to fear.
What a joke!
Complacency of fools will destroy.

VOICE OVERS

Statement of ignorance: You know it's like a certain lady said,
"You're God. I'm God. We're all God.
All religion is good. All paths lead to the same destination."
Answer: Yea, to the judgement seat of Christ.
Statement of ignorance: I'm an atheist. I don't believe in God.
Answer: Yea, well God doesn't believe in atheists.
Statement of ignorance: Well everybody knows the Bible is full of contradictions.
Answer: Your ignorance is what the contradiction is.
Why don't you show me a couple? We'll deal with them.
Statement of ignorance: I'm gonna like party with all my friends in hell.
Answer: Not even worthy of an answer.
Statement of ignorance: The world is like at least one hundred million years old,
you know. I mean, where's that leave your Christian Bible?
Answer: Well carbon fourteen dating has been proven wrong
by showing that living things have been dead for thousands of years.
Statement of ignorance: How are we suppose to know if there is a God, if we can't see Him?

(Lead Solo)

What a joke!
God will laugh at their calamity.
What a joke!
He will mock when their terror comes.
What a joke!
Despising knowledge, choosing not to fear.
What a joke!
Complacency of fools will destroy.
What a joke!
What a joke!
He will mock when your terror come
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 9:17 pm

rich71 wrote:

Actually, I think it is the latter.  It was definitely not any band's best work.  It did have a couple of cool songs on it, but most of it really was meant to be a joke.  The label was pushing them for an album and they weren't ready.  So, they gave them one.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:31 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
rich71 wrote:

Actually, I think it is the latter.  It was definitely not any band's best work.  It did have a couple of cool songs on it, but most of it really was meant to be a joke.  The label was pushing them for an album and they weren't ready.  So, they gave them one.

So, in a sense, it is actually both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what new music did you get?   So what new music did you get? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So what new music did you get?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: