Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Artsy Fartsy

Go down 
+14
Fundy
metaldude
BearDad
Through The Dark Radio
messiaen77
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Driven
rockerVu2
kerrick
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Nice!  Great idea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
My pups were with me the entire project as my little helpers (or so they thought).

Oh, and I've been waiting for someone to notice my living room turntable  Very Happy . It's one of those cheap all in one deals - LP, CD, Cassette.
Ahh, but can you see what I was rockin to while working on the cabinet ?

Was it Scarlet Red? How is the sound quality on it?

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 3:35 pm

I really like the cigar box guitar.

That might be a good title for a new Mission Of One CD.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
My pups were with me the entire project as my little helpers (or so they thought).

Oh, and I've been waiting for someone to notice my living room turntable  Very Happy . It's one of those cheap all in one deals - LP, CD, Cassette.
Ahh, but can you see what I was rockin to while working on the cabinet ?

Was it Scarlet Red?  How is the sound quality on it?
Matter of fact it sounds GREAT !!! Excellent album !
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 12:53 pm

A friend and I learned how to blow glass the other day.  Our little pumpkins turned out pretty well!  I'd love to get more into this, as I think it's such a cool medium.

Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 20140611
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Dude !!! Those are way cool ! I've always envied those who could work in glass blowing. I watched it once and imagined myself doing it someday. Lucky !
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 No10
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Cool glass "pumkins"!

I really dig your sketch Lion-girl....seems to be a physical representation of a dark mood. (the little shading bit under the chin is an excellent touch).

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Dude !!! Those are way cool ! I've always envied those who could work in glass blowing. I watched it once and imagined myself doing it someday. Lucky !

Thanks!  I'm pretty happy with how mine turned out (as is my mom, who is now the proud owner haha).  Yeah it's a really cool art medium.  I got some deal through AAA for half-off.  It was $60/ticket to do it so it's not super cheap, but I think was worth it.  I had bought the tickets with a certain lady in mind... but before we got a chance to use 'em, that ended so it was a friend-date with someone else instead haha.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Either way, Kerrick, ya got to go and had a blast - that's what matters  Very Happy 
(... and I'm still jealous !  Laughing  )
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Oh yeah we had a great time!  I'm trying to figure out if I can get a setup to do some glasswork at home.  Probably not glass-blowing, since that takes a giant furnace and such, but maybe more like glass-welding?  I dunno, I think it'd be way cool to get a bunch of broken pieces of glass and melt 'em together to make stuff.  I guess you have to get the glass pretty dang hot though so I don't think propane torches or the like would quite work...  I need to look more into it because I think that would be really fun!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 7:55 am

I am about to get fired up building another cigar box guitar.  This one will be so much nicer than my first one.  The tuners I bought for it are crap.  Two of them will turn a half rotation before grabbing.  They look like they are worn completely out.  Also, I am having issues with intonation on this because of the tuners.  My mother-in-law loved it and wants to hang it on her wall.  I might fix it someday, but for now I think I am going to let her have it.  I could replace the tuners, though, and try to sell it.

I don't like the basic pickups that most people put in these.  They are called piezos.  Piezos mount under the bridge inside the box and are just small flat discs.  They pick up every little move.  If your shirt rubs the box, it will come through the amp.  So, the next guitar will have a single coil humbucker.  Instead of just a simple 1X2" piece of wood for a neck, I am ordering two custom made necks that will be less likely to warp with time due to strength and make my guitars look more realistic.  I am going to build both a 3 and a 4 string.  Eventually, a 6 string will come.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 9:50 am

Seems like you've been bitten by the building bug. Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 11:24 am

A bass is also planned based on the American Civil War.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 12:08 pm

My eyebrow did this when I read that: Suspect I'd quite like to see that.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:22 am

Patience.  I don't have the ability to produce high quality necks to make these instruments last a long time.  I have ordered two for the 3 and 4 string guitars I plan to make.  The 4 stringer will be made from a wooden Padron box.  It's gonna be a beautiful piece when it is done.

The 3 stringer is going to be made from a box that says Faith on it and looks like a Bible or some other old book.  I am going to make it an artistic piece.  There will be a shield with a cross on one end of the guitar.  Faith is on the box.  There will be another piece with a golden king's crown on it.  To some people, those mean nothing.  But to me, it says this:  you have to have "faith" in the work of the cross in order to make Jesus the King of your heart.

Then, after those two are finished, comes a cowboy themed 6 string electric.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 9:07 am

Do you have a man cave or at least a man-spot in the house where you can hang them for viewing ?
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 Sda10

Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 Monste10
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 7:57 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Do you have a man cave or at least a man-spot in the house where you can hang them for viewing ?

Hang them for viewing?  I intend to be playing and recording with these!  The only one that will be hung for playing will be the first one I built that I am going to give to my mother-in-law.  The tuners that came with the kit I bought for it are total crap as is the piezo pickup.  I don't want to keep spending money on it.  So, since you can't keep it in tune long enough to even check the intonation, a conversation/display piece is all it will be.  However, the others will join my arsenal of guitars for playing.  I will see if I can "hang them for display" for a couple of photos, though.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 11:24 am

Thumbs Up 

Also, xenonlion, very deep art. I like it, however, it reminds me of some of my more dark art I did as a teenager. I've dealt with depression (more hereditary crap from both sides of my parents families... oy) and a couple hard break-ups --- but I put out some of my most vivid, and slightly disturbing art during those times.

I'm reading you.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Thumbs Up 

Also, xenonlion, very deep art. I like it, however, it reminds me of some of my more dark art I did as a teenager. I've dealt with depression (more hereditary crap from both sides of my parents families... oy) and a couple hard break-ups --- but I put out some of my most vivid, and slightly disturbing art during those times.

I'm reading you.

Thanks. I'm happy you kinda understand.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 12:45 pm

xenonlion wrote:

I was wondering if this was something of a self-portrait, given your recent struggles.

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Staybrite wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

I was wondering if this was something of a self-portrait, given your recent struggles.

Yes. That's exactly what it is.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 2:43 pm

On a brighter note, I love that font !
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Thanks. I thought it would go best with this picture and emotion I'm trying to express.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artsy Fartsy
Page 9 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: