Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Artsy Fartsy

Go down 
+14
Fundy
metaldude
BearDad
Through The Dark Radio
messiaen77
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Driven
rockerVu2
kerrick
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:50 am

That would be cool.  Laughing

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: My Hobby is My Artwork   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 6:20 am

Like the post title suggests, my artwork is more of a hobby than anything artistic. It's an expensive hobby too! but I had a vision in my head of what I wanted and I worked towards creating it, which I believe is what art is. Smile  never mind that the vision in my head often changed! LOL!

Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 Frontandback

Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 004

Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 25-Job%20Well%20Done

Here's what she looked like before I grabbed the wrench:

Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 633610695282913774VStar_650_Classic
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:21 am

That thing looks very nice. It's got that old European look to it (at least I think it's European, since I gathered that from French comic books Laughing). You better not slide backwards off the seat though…
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 9:25 am

That's pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:53 am

I love the "flat black" and ammo-can saddle bag.  Makes her look "combat ready"!

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Very cool ! I like the stick shift... didn't know cycles had sticks...
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Should totally show you guys the weird lion creature I made once. It was in a dream I had. It was supposed to be a Revelation monster. It had wings or mane though, so I think it was a baby.

Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 Revela10
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Revelation baby. Razz
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:51 pm

Driven wrote:
That thing looks very nice. It's got that old European look to it (at least I think it's European, since I gathered that from French comic books Laughing). You better not slide backwards off the seat though…

I've had people riding behind me swear that I'm going to hit the tire, since the seat is on springs! Smile
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:55 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Very cool ! I like the stick shift... didn't know cycles had sticks...

Usually they don't, and when the do they are typically on the left side. It took me about six months to come up with the engineering to make one work on the right side, and what I have now isn't even the first attempt at it!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:24 am

And it's still a sequential gearbox, right?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:20 am

I didn't change the gearing any. Forward equates to down, so rather than one down and four up it's one forward and four back. When I am accelerating I essentially release the throttle and slap the stick. It's not really an efficient way to shift gears, since I have to literally let go of the throttle rather than "blip" it (blip = a quick jerk of the wrist to release the throttle just long enough to shift gears before reapplying), but it's fun. Besides, I have never been one for racing.

One major benefit of the stick shift on the right is it removes the need for a left-foot shifter, something I have always had a little trouble with because of a small birth defect that limits how well I can move my left foot.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:28 am

For what it is worth, the only reason I posted here is because this is not something I do for a living or anything I was trained to do. I have no shop or special equipment, not even a welder. But I took my bike completely apart, clear down to the frame, and put it back together according to a vision I had in my head. The vision changed from time to time, and I've had to do some undo's and redo's, but I have finally achieved what I set out to create. Because I don't have equipment, I have had to take some parts to a local shop for help, like when something needed to be welded or to have a little powder-coating done. However, most of the added parts were hand-made using basic garage tools, like a table grinder and an angle grinder.

I should also add that there were times when I stood in my garage looking at all the detached parts and thought, "Heaven help me, what have I done!?" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 11:12 am

Two of my best friends are getting married to each other this Saturday so I made them a wire sculpture piece to hang in their new place they'll be moving in to.  It's aluminum and copper wire and says their name on it.  It's a little bigger than I had originally intended, though I'm pretty happy with how it came out.  It's probably about 24" in diameter.  Also included with the gift (not pictured) is some home-defense plus-P handgun ammo: .45 for him and 9mm for her haha!

Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 20140510
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 1:33 pm

Very cool!

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 4:38 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Does that say "The Sonbrooks"? I haven't practiced proper cursive in years. Razz
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 6:16 pm

Sondreals.   Very Happy  Haha I had to google image search "cursive alphabet" just so I didn't screw anything up!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Nice work, Kerrick!

You guys don't know how to write in cursive?  Really?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 11:39 pm

I learned how to write in cursive back in like second grade or whatever... but sans signing my name (and even that's hardly more than a scribble), when else would I have used it in the last fifteen or twenty years???   geek   Haha though in my defense, I only referenced that just in case - as it's an important art piece and I wanted to be 100% sure I didn't screw anything up.  I could've done it without though I admittedly wouldn't have been as confident...   rendeer 

Oh, and thank you for your kind words of my art piece!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:00 am

Very cool Kerrick ! My oldest brother does wire art... I don't know where you guys get the patience to do that - so tedious !
And I can attest to everyone that it's a lot harder than it may seem - I watched my bro working on one once and I was blown away at how much time and accuracy it takes to work it the way you want it.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 6:28 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Nice work, Kerrick!

You guys don't know how to write in cursive?  Really?

Not proper cursive, not anymore. I've been writing my school notes in a hardly-legible (to anyone else) mix of printed and cursive letters ever since middle school. I learned script in elementary school, and was ok at it, but many of the letters are hard to distinguish from each other. So that's why I stopped using proper cursive.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 6:29 am

Quote :
I learned how to write in cursive back in like second grade or whatever... but sans signing my name (and even that's hardly more than a scribble), when else would I have used it in the last fifteen or twenty years???

Man, how times have changed!  We learned cursive in around the 2nd grade, but we were REQUIRED to use it throughout elementary and high school.  I still write that way even if I just jot something down.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:16 am

For the most part schools don't teach cursive anymore (most homeschoolers I now don't teach/learn it either)

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:42 am

That's a very cool bike BearDad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artsy Fartsy
Page 6 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: