Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bread And Jam show from the 80's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

Bread And Jam show from the 80's Empty
PostSubject: Bread And Jam show from the 80's   Bread And Jam show from the 80's I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:36 am

I asked this question at Christian Metal Realm and no one knew of them. It was a very amateurish show recorded on cassette tape hosted by a guy and a girl. They used to play major label and demo tapes of Christian Metal bands and mail it out to their subscribers. The show was complete with mic breaks between songs, metal news as well as a devotional at the end. I had met them at Cornerstone back then and that's how I found out about them. They may have even advertised in Heavens Metal mag as well. It was cool cuz I actually got to hear some of the bands before making a purchase. I had also found out about bands like Valor, Overdrive, and Thresher thru them. I remember sending them 5$ a month and they would send me a tape of their show. Then around 1990 or 91 they just disappeared. My copies of these tapes are long since gone but I'd love to get my hands on some copies of their show. Anyone else remember these guys? Are they still active in the Christian Metal community?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Bread And Jam show from the 80's   Bread And Jam show from the 80's I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 10:26 am

Maybe Keven Crothers may know them.
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

PostSubject: Re: Bread And Jam show from the 80's   Bread And Jam show from the 80's I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:18 am

Okay cool. Is he on this board?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bread And Jam show from the 80's   Bread And Jam show from the 80's I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Livna wrote:
Okay cool. Is he on this board?

He is a member here, but he doesn't post all that often.  You might be able to get him to respond to a p.m., his user name is mr.electric40.  You should be able to access his profile with the link below.

http://www.christianhardmusic.com/u161

Livna

PostSubject: Re: Bread And Jam show from the 80's   Bread And Jam show from the 80's I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:07 pm

Cool! Thanks I'll pm him
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Bread And Jam show from the 80's   Bread And Jam show from the 80's I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 9:08 pm

Timing is everything!!!

I'm not familiar with them at all.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Livna

Livna

PostSubject: Re: Bread And Jam show from the 80's   Bread And Jam show from the 80's I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 6:58 am

Hmm they must have just been one of those word of mouth only ministries... I'll keep researching
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

PostSubject: Re: Bread And Jam show from the 80's   Bread And Jam show from the 80's I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:22 am

I may have gotten an answer to this mystery. Apparently they were affiliated with a fanzine called This Prophecy that was in circulation in the late 80's early 90's. Anyone familiar with that mag?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bread And Jam show from the 80's   Bread And Jam show from the 80's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bread And Jam show from the 80's
Page 1 of 1