Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?

Go down 
+8
BearDad
ishmael81
kerrick
alldatndensum
metaldude
rockerVu2
Staybrite
els6789
12 posters
AuthorMessage
els6789

els6789

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2014-04-13

What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 5:57 pm

My favorite is The Triptych, but I must say Exremist is a very close second.  I own all of their CD's, and I can't say there is a bad one.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 6:09 pm

They are a local (Seattle) band, but for the life of me I just can't get into their style.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 7:17 am

For the fans they are great, but for me it's not my favorite music style.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 2:32 pm

I was a "take em or leave em" kind of fan until True Defiance. Since then I've really become a big DH fan.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:13 am

I can't get into them.  I just don't like the more extreme styles of metal.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 11:07 am

I love me the more extreme metal... but yeah, these guys just never did it for me.  I remember a roommate of mine in college had one of their earlier albums which was ok for what it was I thought.  But I saw them live not too long ago (opening for In Flames - who was excellent!) and while they were fun to mosh to and played pretty tightly, their music just did nothing for me.  I dunno, it sounded like "bro-metal" to me haha (I think I just made up a sub-genre...).  Good band, just not my style.

Also, back when the Becoming The Archetype board was still popular, we had a bunch of metal elitists and DH was often the butt of the jokes around there.  I wonder how many people actually think Demon Hunter is Wiccan...
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 11:38 am

So... My favorite was always Storm the Gates of Hell. Great mix of aggression and melody, and their guitarist at the time was one of my favorite musicians ever - Ethan Luck (he also played with The Dingees, The Supertones, My Red Hot Nightmare, Reliant K, and some solo stuff).

I don't listen to DH anymore, cause my wife asked me to.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 2:25 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

scratch 

If you meant to say "cause my wife asked me not to" ...

scratch  scratch
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 2:52 pm

BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

scratch 

scratch  scratch

Oops! Haha!

Okay, my wife asked me to stop listening to Demon Hunter. I still like them but she felt the music was having a negative effect on our 5 y.o. son. So I sold them.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:01 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

scratch 

scratch  scratch

Oops! Haha!

Okay, my wife asked me to stop listening to Demon Hunter. I still like them but she felt the music was having a negative effect on our 5 y.o. son. So I sold them.

You are a better man than I.  My response would have been something like "ppppfffftttthhhhhtttt".  Followed by "Your negative attitude towards my music is having a negative effect on me."  Fortunately, I was never put to the test for this. Smile

Of course, your humbleness became my gain, so thanks! Very Happy

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:01 pm

I am rather partial to Summer of Darkness.
Back to top Go down
els6789

els6789

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2014-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:39 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
So... My favorite was always Storm the Gates of Hell. Great mix of aggression and melody, and their guitarist at the time was one of my favorite musicians ever - Ethan Luck (he also played with The Dingees, The Supertones, My Red Hot Nightmare, Reliant K, and some solo stuff).

That was a great one too!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:38 pm

I got 'em all too.  Though I'm a huge classic metal fan, I do like me some DH occasionally. It'd be hard to pick a fav, but I really started getting into them with the True Defiance album. Good band, good guys.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:34 pm

I love more extreme metal.....but I've never gotten into DH. Seen them live several times but never bought a CD...just not my thing, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:24 am

kerrick wrote:
  I wonder how many people actually think Demon Hunter is Wiccan...

ZOMG!!! Demon Hunter iz teh Wiccan!!!1!!1  Very Happy 

I have to say The Triptych is my favorite.  Although, I will say that I prefer Death Star over DH.  But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 10:23 am

ishmael81 wrote:
They are AFAIK still a Christian band though I know many bands do strike on negative elements in their lyrics (though usually with some type of redemption), but I don't see why you couldn't just listen to such bands when he wasn't around if she really thought it an issue. That is what I find puzzling - stop listening to bands that show hope in Christ and replace that with what exactly? Not picking on you or her but seems an odd ultimatum.

Anyway, I've never been much of a fan. All of their songs I like are the mellower, melodic ones.

ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 11:34 am

topshot rhit wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
They are AFAIK still a Christian band though I know many bands do strike on negative elements in their lyrics (though usually with some type of redemption), but I don't see why you couldn't just listen to such bands when he wasn't around if she really thought it an issue. That is what I find puzzling - stop listening to bands that show hope in Christ and replace that with what exactly? Not picking on you or her but seems an odd ultimatum.

Anyway, I've never been much of a fan. All of their songs I like are the mellower, melodic ones.

I hear ya. He likes them, oddly... I don't know - to be honest, she asked and they're both much more important than any music I could listen to so... yeah... I sold them.

Now, if she asked me to stop listening to Five Iron Frenzy, Brave Saint Saturn, Michael Knott/LSU or Jimi Hendrix...she and I would have to talk about it first... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?   What is your favorite Demon Hunter album? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Demon Hunter album?
Page 1 of 1