Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE Empty
PostSubject: HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE   HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Could it be true ??   affraid 

This crazy guy who decided to scan (with lots of help) and edit over 2,400 pages including front and back covers
FINISHED the last page today !   cheers  cheers  cheers 

All I need to do now is find a standard to compress the images (which are currently in high quality TIFF extensions) into smaller sized PDFs. It would be ideal to fit all 54 issues plus extras on no more than 2 DVD-Rs.

HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE Hm_cov10

After I mess with different possibilities of PDF compressions, I will be contacting Doug Van Pelt to find out what he thinks I should do with this project. I personally believe there is a market for this, and after all my countless hours of donated work on this project, I pray that God can make a way for it to be made available to the masses and be a blessing in multiple ways.
I think the ideal time to release such a product would be 2015 as that marks 30 years of HM and would be a cool way to celebrate. But that's up to the big guys who own it now. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE   HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 7:36 am

That was a very big job.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE   HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 7:54 am

I would be interested in them. Heaven's Metal was the last metal magazine that I really enjoyed reading.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE   HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:22 am

Congrats on completing your project!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE   HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:01 pm

I could NOT have done this project without DVP's approval and for the donation of scanned pages from:

Phil Valentine (Trouble72) for scanning the majority of the project
Ryan Jennings (stevegarveyfan) for allowing me to scan his private collection of the first 17.
Darth Creek and Bruce Harapcio (Rawk84) for saving the day by filling in missing issues.
And Mike Nair for providing higher quality scans of pages that were too damaged to edit.

Without them, I wouldn't have every page from issue 1 thru 54 to even edit.

I just hope the new owners of HM Magazine don't "shelf" this project. I would be devastated.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE   HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I just hope the new owners of HM Magazine don't "shelf" this project. I would be devastated.

That would really stink.

PostSubject: Re: HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE   HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HEAVEN'S METAL PROJECT DONE
Page 1 of 1