Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
ze_mau
bassdude
messiaen77
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
ishmael81
Driven
Xid
Samson
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
Readi_Sketti
xenonlion
Through The Dark Radio
metaldude
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 7:19 am

I think that a lot of people refer to it as "sweet 16" due to older times.  This was the age when many families would do some sort of social party to announce that suitors could court her (aka date with intent to marry).  Also, that is the age that many states picked to begin licensing to drive.  For many young people, just that freedom alone marks one of the first steps in you becoming your own adult.  Although over quoted, you must remember that with driving and dating:  with great power comes great responsibility.

I am having trouble getting motivation to do much of anything right now.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  I pray that the Lord kicks me in the butt and gets me motivated about Him, serving others in the church, music, family & friends, etc.  I just hate feeling this way.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 7:34 am

He will. It's times like that when you just keep trusting Him even when you don't see or feel anything in life.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 8:26 am

And sometimes He wants you to just rest in Him.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 9:47 am

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:51 am

I'm ready to feed my inner pyromaniac tomorrow. Not sure why I like it so much but bring it on!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 11:40 am

"When SECONDS count,
the police are MINUTES away."
  - - -Arm yourself.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 11:48 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
"When SECONDS count,
  - - -Arm yourself.

Yup...  I actually am nearing the completion of my 10-day waiting period* for a concealable handgun.  I pick it up Saturday evening.   afro   I intend on attaining my permit to carry concealed.  Too much gnarly stuff is going on these days and I don't want to be unable to do anything if some nut-job starts shooting children or something.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 12:35 pm

kerrick wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
"When SECONDS count,
  - - -Arm yourself.

Yup...  I actually am nearing the completion of my 10-day waiting period* for a concealable handgun.  I pick it up Saturday evening.   afro   I intend on attaining my permit to carry concealed.  Too much gnarly stuff is going on these days and I don't want to be unable to do anything if some nut-job starts shooting children or something.
Or other adults.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 3:14 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am having trouble getting motivation to do much of anything right now.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  I pray that the Lord kicks me in the butt and gets me motivated about Him, serving others in the church, music, family & friends, etc.  I just hate feeling this way.

Sometimes God use a 2x4 to the head instead of a kick in the pants.  He likes to change things up a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 5:36 pm

I think it would be an interesting idea to draw people symbolizing different political stuff, but I don't know what to draw for capitalism.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 7:49 am

kerrick wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
"When SECONDS count,
  - - -Arm yourself.

I have my carry/conceal permit and often carry at least a .22 fully loaded and ready to go.  Sometimes, I carry my 9 mm.  Yesterday, I went geocaching and took three of the guys from my youth group.  While I expected nothing to happen, I still took my pistol.  Why?  We have quite a few rattlesnakes here and it is starting to get to the time of year that they grow extra scales over their eyes in preparation for shedding.  This extra layer makes them more cranky as they can't see as well.  Anything that moves around them becomes a predator.  So, I have the first couple of rounds loaded with bird shot for potential snakes.

Also, there are a lot of sexual predators out there that would love to get their hands on some young boys.  If anyone tried to snatch one of these guys while their parents are trusting me to take them to different places geocaching, I feel better prepared to defend them and get them home safely.  Of course, we are geocaching, so safety has to be constantly in our minds when we are going through the woods, walking on the edge of cliffs or bridges, climbing trees, etc.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:09 am

I got to attend my daughter's ultrasound yesterday afternoon (she is 20 weeks pregnant)....it looks like I am going to have a grandson!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:11 am

Ironically, here in California, the place where you REALLY NEED to protect yourself, they make it SUPER hard to get a license to carry.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:27 am

Staybrite wrote:
I got to attend my daughter's ultrasound yesterday afternoon (she is 20 weeks pregnant)....it looks like I am going to have a grandson!
Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 12:51 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
"When SECONDS count,
  - - -Arm yourself.

I have my carry/conceal permit and often carry at least a .22 fully loaded and ready to go.  Sometimes, I carry my 9 mm.  Yesterday, I went geocaching and took three of the guys from my youth group.  While I expected nothing to happen, I still took my pistol.  Why?  We have quite a few rattlesnakes here and it is starting to get to the time of year that they grow extra scales over their eyes in preparation for shedding.  This extra layer makes them more cranky as they can't see as well.  Anything that moves around them becomes a predator.  So, I have the first couple of rounds loaded with bird shot for potential snakes.

Also, there are a lot of sexual predators out there that would love to get their hands on some young boys.  If anyone tried to snatch one of these guys while their parents are trusting me to take them to different places geocaching, I feel better prepared to defend them and get them home safely.  Of course, we are geocaching, so safety has to be constantly in our minds when we are going through the woods, walking on the edge of cliffs or bridges, climbing trees, etc.

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Ironically, here in California, the place where you REALLY NEED to protect yourself, they make it SUPER hard to get a license to carry.

Good man Alldat!  Gosh there are just so many psychos out there, you just never know.  A year or so ago on a popular walking path along the cliffs above the ocean here, a guy came up behind a young jogger and shot her point-blank in the back of the head so he could steal her purse or something.  Thankfully it was just a .22 and didn't penetrate the skull and she was fine, but it's that kind of crap that happens all the time...  I believe they finally caught the guy.  But I go walking at that same spot probably three or so times a week after work.  I don't want to be helpless if I see something like that happen.  Unfortunately, Jim is right and it's not too easy getting one's permit around these parts.  But with all that's been going on in courts, we may have a chance now.  I pick my Kahr PM9 up tomorrow.   Cool 

Staybrite wrote:

Wahoo!   cheers   Congratulations sir!!!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 4:33 pm

xenonlion wrote:
I think it would be an interesting idea to draw people symbolizing different political stuff, but I don't know what to draw for capitalism.

A capitalist pig! Twisted Evil

I just got back from a week of training for work. I've heard so much policy talk that if I hear "Health and Safety" one more time, I will unleash some Workplace Violence! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Driven wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

I meant symbols. What symbols could I use?
You seem to not really be a fan of capitalism. Now I kinda wonder what everyone's political views are here, though I feel that this would bring more conflict.

Driven wrote:
I just got back from a week of training for work. I've heard so much policy talk that if I hear "Health and Safety" one more time, I will unleash some Workplace Violence! Evil or Very Mad

"Health and Safety"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 8:05 pm

xenonlion wrote:
Driven wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

$

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 8:32 pm

xenonlion wrote:
Driven wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

You seem to not really be a fan of capitalism. Now I kinda wonder what everyone's political views are here, though I feel that this would bring more conflict.

"Capitalist pig" is more of a joke than anything. Whenever some people talk about communists talking about capitalists, they usually throw that in as a mock insult.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=capitalist%20pig

As for my political leaning, I'd say more libertarian. I'm no anarchist, but I like freedom. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 9:01 am

Freedom is good!  It was for the sake of freedom that Christ set us free.

I don't know what I am politically anymore.  I used to be more Republican than anything.  However, even the most conservative Republican anymore is nothing more than a closet liberal waiting to flip flop on issues.  I feel that I am a true Conservative.  I don't think that there is an actual political party for me anymore.  I like some of what the Tea Party or even the Libertarians stand for, but not everything.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 2:28 pm

America doesn't have enough important political parties. Canada has 3 major parties (right to left: Progressive-Conservative, Liberal, New Democratic Party), with a 4th on the rise (Green Party). Currently, the Conservatives are leading the country while the Liberals have the province.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:11 pm

It's interesting to read your political views.

It feels like there isn't enough attention on any third parties. They're left in obscurity and everyone just focuses on Democrat and Republican. People may know Independent, but they are not really mentioned much either. There are also many third parties like the Green party, the Libertarian party, and the Constitutional Party to name a few. Some third parties are silly or just things that we definitely shouldn't do, but there others that should get more attention.

Both Democrat and Republican politicians will flip flop which can be really annoying. I really do think it's a politician thing. Maybe not all of them, but a good chunk of them.

I may not vote. It's really annoying when people say one thing and do another.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 8:16 pm

I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:05 pm

ah need ya cloze, ya boods, and ya moduh-syco
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Who was the first guitarist to swing their guitar around their neck on stage ?
(I'm asking, I don't know)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next