Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
ze_mau
bassdude
messiaen77
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
ishmael81
Driven
Xid
Samson
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
Readi_Sketti
xenonlion
Through The Dark Radio
metaldude
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 7:27 pm

Take back the crowbar of embrayage!
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 7:28 pm

"you can trust me.. trust me..."
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:44 pm

Changed clothes missed bands (remedy drive, big daddy weave) but back in time for RED!!!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23471
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 9:03 pm

I love paid holidays--especially ones with wonderful weather so I can enjoy the outdoors while geocaching!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 9:23 am

Just how muddy was it at the Lifelight music festival in SD?

Random Ramblings - Page 20 2014-08-30%2022.14.37

This is no-one I know, just a girl in the crowd at the Skillet stage.  I didn't have the heart to remind her that the normal use for the field involved cattle!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 9:36 am

Lifelight dichotomy:

On one side of the massive field my wife and older daughter where enjoying this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ped1jYLFtkA

while on the other side my youngest daugter and I were enjoying this:

My youngest daughter is 13 and only about 4'6", and is just underneath my phone while I'm taking this. We weren't actually in the pit (I'm too old and she's too young! LOL!), but close enough to get bumped a couple of times. At about 10 seconds into the clip you see a guy on the left wearing glasses; he was my daughter's self-proclaimed body guard! Smile  Any time the moshers got too close he shoved them away so she would get knocked down.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:50 pm

I hear ya, I'm much too old for the mosh pit myself (not that I was much of a fan of them in the first place).

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I hear ya, I'm much too old for the mosh pit myself (not that I was much of a fan of them in the first place).

I've never been in one, and this is the closest I have actually been to one. However, I've been to concerts where they got so violent that people came out bloody. I've even been to concerts, many years ago, where the bands stopped playing and refused to continue unless the fans stopped moshing.  Hills Alive (the other festival in SD) doesn't allow it; security will stop it, and bands are discouraged from encouraging it.

This one was pretty cool to watch, for the most part. I noticed they did three things: push each other around, run in circles, and stand in a circle "banging their heads" towards the center.  That last one really concerned me, as I as sure there was going to be real head-banging, as in "noggin knocking"! What was cool about the first one (the general moshing) was that they'd all stop to help up anyone that went down, which was quite often considering the mud we were in.

My daughter said it looks fun, which scared me.  Suspect  She tends to have that affect on her parents.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 2:35 pm

BearDad wrote:
What was cool about the first one (the general moshing) was that they'd all stop to help up anyone that went down, which was quite often considering the mud we were in.

I've been in numerous pits and this has been my experience too.  Totally depends on the band/style though.  Secular metalcore, yeah, people are going to try and hurt each other.  It's because the draw is to the angsty type.  But at legit metal shows (Christian or secular) people are just having fun and typically never intentionally hurt folks.  I've seen GWAR three times and been in the pit for their entire show.  The second anyone gets knocked down, everyone around them picks 'em up.  And GWAR is FAR from a Christian band.  They spray fake blood and slime everywhere haha.  In college, I took my roommate to see them (it was his first metal concert haha!) and he said he got accidentally knocked down and his butt just barely grazed the ground before two guys had already grabbed his arms and pulled him right back up.  People still get hurt and bloodied for sure, but folks are generally looking out for each other.  I am by no means a big guy at all and I've felt safe always.  (Though crowdsurfing at another GWAR show was a bit sketchy... only did that once haha because I didn't want to land on my face!)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 2:44 pm

The original mosh pits began at punk concerts. Me and my high school buddies used to go and jump in for a while... it was fun back then, cuz no one was out to hurt anyone (that began later).  We'd go see 5 to 8 bands in one evening and be so tired by midnight... But again, it was all in fun, before they started wearing spikes and razor blades and punching people.. all we did was mosh out, pushing people back and forth like a blender (when someone fell down, there was always someone there to help them back up... now they just stomp and trample them).

So originally it was a lot of fun, not violent like many had become.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 2:56 pm

We as humans have this spectacular ability to degenerate anything good...  Evil or Very Mad

I will say though that I have never enjoyed dancing.  I just don't get it.  I can't "just move to the music" as people say and actually find it quite miserable trying.  (I have a bit of anxiety towards weddings because everyone always tries to get me to dance.)  But during my first moshpit experience, I had this epiphany of, "oh, this is how 'normal' people feel when dancing; I'm 'moving to the music' of what I enjoy listening to; this is fantastic!"  Hahahaha I'm such a freak...  rendeer
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 3:40 pm

I thought it was a bit ironic that 95% of the "kids" in the pit were not even alive when I was seeing people do it! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I've never liked moshing.  But then again I go to concerts to watch the band not wrestle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 6:12 pm

Xid wrote:

I've never liked moshing.  But then again I go to concerts to watch the band not wrestle.

Agreed. I was wishing I could have gotten my kid in front of the pit closer to the stage so we could concentrate on the show more; the mosh pit was distracting.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:52 am

Mosh it up baby!!

I won't be on here much for the rest of the week. I'm in the States and I won't have the Internet often.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 9:09 am

Driven wrote:
Mosh it up baby!!

I won't be on here much for the rest of the week. I'm in the States and I won't have the Internet often.

Not much Internet in the frontier land south of the border, eh?  That's where those savages live! The queen really needs to send some Mounties down there to reclaim her land!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 9:26 am

Since I gave up hope I feel a lot better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 10:13 am

BearDad wrote:
Driven wrote:
Mosh it up baby!!

Not much Internet in the frontier land south of the border, eh?  That's where those savages live! The queen really needs to send some Mounties down there to reclaim her land!  Very Happy

Bah, it's not worth the effort. Maybe we might do it after tea. Razz

No, but seriously, cellphone data charges are excessive across the border, and I'm visiting with a cousin that doesn't have the Internet, so after today y'all are unlikely to see me. Try to carry on without me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Since I gave up hope I feel a lot better Very Happy

That's the spirit!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23471
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 4:42 pm

BearDad wrote:
Driven wrote:
Mosh it up baby!!

At one time, the USA would have shot any mounties coming across the boarder to reclaim any lands.  Nowadays, I think we'd pave the way and give half the Canadians amnesty and free benefits.  Half of Mexico is already here and has no fear of being sent back.  It's not immigration anymore--it's a full on invasion force!

On that note, we granted college visas to 6000 Muslims last week.  This week, all 6000 of them have vanished without a trace.  Are we so blind that we cannot see 9/11 happening again and this time on a grander scale?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:42 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Driven wrote:
Mosh it up baby!!

At one time, the USA would have shot any mounties coming across the boarder to reclaim any lands.  Nowadays, I think we'd pave the way and give half the Canadians amnesty and free benefits.  Half of Mexico is already here and has no fear of being sent back.  It's not immigration anymore--it's a full on invasion force!

On that note, we granted college visas to 6000 Muslims last week.  This week, all 6000 of them have vanished without a trace.  Are we so blind that we cannot see 9/11 happening again and this time on a grander scale?

I have never agreed with the student visa program. When I was going to school for my second BS degree the foreign students, the majority of them from the Middle East, rarely came to class and yet were somehow on the honor roll.  It was a "for prophet" school (as opposed to a state school), so essentially it was a "cash for diploma" business. Irritated me to no end. And I'm disgusted to see nothing has changed. it makes me want to migrate north of the border.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:24 pm

Not a bash to Doug Van Pelt, but since I've edited every page of HM magazine #1-54, it sure seems he LOVED King's X... man, seems like there's an article on them in almost every issue !
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Not a bash to Doug Van Pelt, but since I've edited every page of HM magazine #1-54, it sure seems he LOVED King's X... man, seems like there's an article on them in almost every issue !

I remember playing a show in Austin, TX  in '87 where I saw my first copy of HM. That was the first time I heard of King's X.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:33 pm

I dig King's X and have most of their albums... but my goodness, between Stryper and King's X I wonder who would win for the MOST articles in the first 10 years of HM Laughing
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Hello people. I am here today. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next