Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
ze_mau
bassdude
messiaen77
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
ishmael81
Driven
Xid
Samson
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
Readi_Sketti
xenonlion
Through The Dark Radio
metaldude
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Random Ramblings - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 9:23 am

Definately praying for you g/f.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 10:26 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Looks like I have a new ailment to deal with. I woke up this morning with something wrong with my eyesight. Both eyes are affected. For 2 hours since I woke up, they're acting like I looked at a light bulb for a few seconds then looked away (you know what I'm talking about)... it's not going away though.
I can see, but only peripherally... this is kinda scary...

Yikes not good!  Praying it is only temporary.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 10:43 am

Seems to be getting a bit better... Lisa wants me to have a glaucoma test, but #1 no one related by blood in my fam has ever had glaucoma #2 I am petrified to have that test - I actually am a wimp when it comes to an object coming at my eye to touch it, I am prone to panic attack when they do that test. I know it's all in the mind, but I can't help it - And #3 the symptoms are not classic of glaucoma, but rather migraine. I'm on day 4 of my migraine, but in the last 10 years, my migraines only affect my right eye - making it blurry.. never the left eye. This is affecting both eyes.
Not sure how much more I can take... I ain't got JOB's patience... No
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 am

Yes, that does sound a bit like migraine symptoms.  And just because it hasn't happened to your left eye before doesn't mean that it can't affect it.  Do you take any special medication for your migraines?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 11:21 am

Imitrex works well. Sometimes the bad ones need a second tablet a while later, but for the most part Imitrex helps a lot. This week I've had to take 1 or 2 a day for 4 days in a row.... starts to sap you of your energy.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 11:25 am

Hmm, you might want to check with your primary care and see if you've gotten used to Imitrex and need to try something different.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Dirt roads and tight corners... Wink

Yesterday was my last day at work!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:43 pm

We get samples in the Dr office I work in, and I've tried Maxalt, Zomig, Relpax... none helped much if at all. Imitrex always worked best. I can't take Fioricet as my MVP heart condition cannot handle caffeine.
When I was a teen, I use to take plain Tylenol over the counter - course the migraines have gotten 1000 times worse since then.
In my 20s, Tylenol with codeine helped, but wrecked my stomach. Norco or Percocet don't even touch migraines at all.
There are others on the market I could look into though, thanks for the recommend !
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:41 pm

You know what happens when you ignore an Ice Bucket Challenge nomination?  Absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 9:54 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
You know what happens when you ignore an Ice Bucket Challenge nomination?  Absolutely nothing.
Thumbs Up

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Sitting cold and wet in a muddy fieldlistening to For King and Country. This is fun? 😛 looking forward to Skillet tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 4:36 pm

Hey guys.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 6:40 pm

Message to tall people: just because you can see over my head, it does not mean I am not in front of you. Watch where you are walking!!

#ihatecrowds
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Currently enjoying Rhett Walker Band. Not bad, but would like to hear more rockers.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 pm

BearDad wrote:
Message to tall people: just because you can see over my head, it does not mean I am not in front of you. Watch where you are walking!!

#ihatecrowds

Just because I'm shorter than you, doesn't mean I am an armrest.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Two hours to skillet. Currently up: Colton Dixon.  Not too bad.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Ooh Skillet. I was so confused when I first heard of them because of their name.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Couldn't get to stage, but 20 ft from screen.

Feet stuck in mud. Bass knocking my knees.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 8:23 am

When I'm in a place where the music is loud. The bass makes me feel like I'm going to explode. Literally. I feel uncomfortable because the inside of me feels like it's vibrating with the bass. :S Actually, I don't know how I am with rock because I haven't heard rock really loudly before. I have heard rap and similar stuff play really loud and I felt uncomfortable physically. I had to leave the room.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:33 am

Four high school kids were camping on the festival grounds are in the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning.  Not cool.

The guys from Skillet visited them before leaving town. Very cool!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:52 am

I've a pastor friend who's at the LifeLight festival. Smile
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 2:57 pm

Missing random hero Sad

Looking forward to red! Smile
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 3:33 pm

xenonlion wrote:
When I'm in a place where the music is loud. The bass makes me feel like I'm going to explode. Literally. I feel uncomfortable because the inside of me feels like it's vibrating with the bass. :S Actually, I don't know how I am with rock because I haven't heard rock really loudly before. I have heard rap and similar stuff play really loud and I felt uncomfortable physically. I had to leave the room.
That is actually a physiological truth.  I don't remember all the details, but it has something to do with the low frequencies and the space the wave needs to complete the cycle.  That's also the reason we hear the bass from other cars on the road or coming from outside and not the treble.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Just got soaked by a 15 minute shower. Now we are cold and wet again.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
xenonlion wrote:
That is actually a physiological truth.  I don't remember all the details, but it has something to do with the low frequencies and the space the wave needs to complete the cycle.  That's also the reason we hear the bass from other cars on the road or coming from outside and not the treble.

That's interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next