Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1)

Go down 
5 posters

Waves
Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_vote_lcap0%Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Military Man
Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_vote_lcap20%Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Afrikaans
Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_vote_lcap0%Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Attention
 0% [ 0 ]
Colours
 0% [ 0 ]
Players
 0% [ 0 ]
The Struggle
Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_vote_lcap40%Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Fiend or Foul
 0% [ 0 ]
Alienated
 0% [ 0 ]
Paint a Picture
 0% [ 0 ]
Right On Time
 0% [ 0 ]
Love Comes Down
Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_vote_lcap20%Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
White Noise
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) Empty
PostSubject: Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1)   Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 7:19 pm

To do the live albums or not; that was the first question. Well, I made that decision back with Bootleg ... I can't hardly do that one and not this one. Especially when this one is so much better. At least it is in my opinion, and since I'm the one starting this thread that's the one that counts, right! Smile 

The second decision was how to do a double live album that has 25 tracks (counting the two "sermon" tracks) in a poll on a forum that will only allow fifteen items in a single poll. Well the solution is simple ... don't. That is, don't do it in a single poll. Yes, ladies and gents, that is correct ... this week you are being blessed with not one but two REZ polls, albeit both from the same album. Of course, that also means that you get to vote for two tracks if you like, something I recall someone commenting about last week. But don't get excited ... this is a one-week only event, and it's not really what the comment was about, because it's still a single vote per poll. Sorry ... that's the best I can (or will  Twisted Evil  ) do.

So enough talk, on to the album ... although there isn't really much to say about this album. it was recorded in Chicago as a special event to commemorate the band being together for twenty years, and it contains at least one song from every studio album produced thus far. This is probably one of my favorite REZ albums as it is essentially a greatest hits live album, and they really did a good job picking the songs for the set list. That, however, is its weakness for a poll such as this; since there are so many favorites from other albums, picking a single (or two, in this case) favorite song is like picking a favorite REZ song period ... something I really don't think I can do!  Although I love all the rockers, I think I gotta go with The Struggle.

The following vid is titled "full concert", which is not true. It is the DVD of the live concert that is part of the Music to Raise The Dead remaster set from 1998, which is not of the entire concert.  The first song they sang at the concert was Waves, and the first one on the DVD is Military Man. Also, the sermons are missing, as well as one or two other songs.

Final comment: I really don't like those silly toy bass guitars like the one Roy was using at the time; they don't even sound like real bass guitars to me!

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1)   Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:58 am

The Struggle is a standout here.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1)   Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 9:38 pm

Wow. so little input. Good thing there are only a couple of albums to go; I think folks are getting tired of REZ. (Shame on you! Smile )
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1)   Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:25 pm

I haven't heard much past Between Heaven 'n Hell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1)   Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Love Comes Down is my pick.  I remember when the Christian radio station down in Houston did a "live look" at Cornerstone.  They played live sets from various bands including Rez Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1)   Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 2:58 pm

BearDad wrote:
Wow. so little input. Good thing there are only a couple of albums to go; I think folks are getting tired of REZ. (Shame on you! Smile )

Maybe people are scared off by their large catalog, or maybe they are live-album-phobes like me.  lol! 

PostSubject: Re: Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1)   Favorite REZ Song - XX Years (Part 1) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1