Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sweet Cicada

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Sweet Cicada Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Cicada   Sweet Cicada I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Dan Lively is nothing if not prolific!  In addition to his improvisational jam band, HypNoGoG and playing bass for Victor Griffin's IN-GRAVED, Dan also has his own highly polished stonerdoomgroove band, Sweet Cicada.

For fans of Sabbath, King's X, Soundgarden and the like...Dan's songwriting and playing skills really shine on the debut release, Switch...a 3 song EP recently re-issued by Stone Groove Records with a bonus track to whet the appetite of fans for the upcoming sophomore release Ziklag, sometime this year.

Listen and purchase Switch at the Sweet Cicada site at bandcamp:

http://sweetcicada.bandcamp.com/releases
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Sweet Cicada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Cicada   Sweet Cicada I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Gonna hafta check this out....
Back to top Go down

Sweet Cicada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Cicada   Sweet Cicada I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 11:10 am

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Sweet Cicada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Cicada   Sweet Cicada I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:07 pm

Have to check it out.
Back to top Go down

Sweet Cicada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Cicada   Sweet Cicada I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:09 pm

This and Dan's other project, HypNoGoG are really cool...just check out this RIFF (I designed the cover art):

Back to top Go down

Sweet Cicada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Cicada   Sweet Cicada I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:13 pm

And here's Sweet Cicada doing "Switch" (title track from the EP) live at Cornerstone's Night of Doom (opening for Place of Skulls & Troglodyte Dawn) in 2010:

Back to top Go down

Sweet Cicada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Cicada   Sweet Cicada I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 1:47 pm

And just an update from this camp...Dan is going out on the road as of tomorrow to be guitar tech for Victor Griffin on a few shows for the current Pentagram tour  Headbang 
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Sweet Cicada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Cicada   Sweet Cicada I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:39 pm

So he is going to tour with them again. I heard he wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down

Sweet Cicada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Cicada   Sweet Cicada I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Not as a musician, but as a tech. And he has been sure for a couple months now, based on conversations we've had...he jumps on any and all opportunities for this kind of work.

When he gets back, he has assured me he will not rest until the next Sweet Cicada recording is finished.
 Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sweet Cicada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Cicada   Sweet Cicada I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweet Cicada
Page 1 of 1