Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Music Poll

Go down 
+5
topshot rhit
xenonlion
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Xid
9 posters

Are you more likely to check out new music that is released under an artist's name or under a band name?
Artist's Name - I gotta know who I'm listening to.
New Music Poll I_vote_lcap0%New Music Poll I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Band Name - I find "Stone Spiker" to rouse my curiosity over, say, Steve Somebody.
New Music Poll I_vote_lcap36%New Music Poll I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No Preference - Just bring on the music!
New Music Poll I_vote_lcap64%New Music Poll I_vote_rcap
 64% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 12:43 am

My curiosity is peaked by a good band name over a person's name.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 2:13 am

I have to say I really don't care, I just wanna hear the tunes!  (although if the band's name is the better part of a 4 word phrase or sentence it's a good bet I probably don't want to hear it)

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 7:44 am

Just bring on the tunes.  I do love a good catchy name of a band, but just an artist's name is enough.  If the look fits the sound on the album cover or video, then I will probably remember it.  Too often, though, I have missed out or ignored totally artists who just didn't look the part of what they were trying to achieve on the album cover.

Of course, this will stop.  I don't think that album covers will be that big of a deal when we are all finally pushed to go 100% digital.  That day is coming fast.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 7:28 pm

I like to know the band so I can check out other stuff by them, too, if I like their music.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Oh wait. I think I get what this means now. I don't mind if they have a silly or dull name. I want to listen to their songs and then remember the band name.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Don't care but I do wonder sometimes about the humility of those bands that only use one person's name. I wonder how the "band" feels about that.

Xid

Xid

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:11 pm

I still feel weird having 2 albums with my name on them.  Like I'm some sort of egotist.  Whenever I see an album that's just somebody's name and I don't know where they came from I always think, "Who?" and move on.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Just bring on the music.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:46 am

Ditto. If they're good, they're good. I don't care if it's one person who IS the entire band. Despite my opinions that some band names are cooler than others, names mean nothing to me in the whole scope of things. Whether your name is Manic Monkey Mailmen or just simply Joe Smith, just Rock my Face off and I'm happy !   
Rockin' 

However, there can be some deterrents in "band names"  - I was never interested in listening to Maylene and the Sons of Disaster clear up until their 3rd album... that's when I read that they weren't a weird alternative folk band  Laughing
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 6:51 pm

If I'm looking for new music, I am more likely to go for a band with a catchy name over a person UNLESS that person is familiar already.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:52 pm

I agree
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 8:01 am

I go for a band name over just a person's name. I mean it takes a whole band to play a song :p
However, if I know the solo artist from a band, I am more likely to check it out.
But in the end, it does come down to the music! So, I am open to all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Music Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Music Poll   New Music Poll I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Music Poll
Page 1 of 1