Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The music poll

Go down 
+9
ishmael81
metaldude
alldatndensum
Xid
Samson
BearDad
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
rockerVu2
13 posters

The music poll.
Do you only listen to bands when you have the mood for that band?
The music poll I_vote_lcap25%The music poll I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
You do listen to all CDs from a band you have?
The music poll I_vote_lcap5%The music poll I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
You only listen to the new CDs in your collection?
The music poll I_vote_lcap10%The music poll I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Or do you listen to random bands?
The music poll I_vote_lcap20%The music poll I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
Or you have an other option.
The music poll I_vote_lcap40%The music poll I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
do you listen to a typical music style of bands in your collection?
The music poll I_vote_lcap0%The music poll I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 11:04 am

We all have tons of music.
But how often do you listen to all those CD?
Some Cds you listen often too, but other CDs you never listen too.
Let's talk about this with each other.

I know with a poll you only can vote for one option.
It's a good idea to let us know when you have different options.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 12:46 pm

I selected "other option" but at anytime I have actually done all the choices on your poll.

But, that vast majority of the time I listen to all of my cds in a rotation that has me listen to each old album four times (during a week or two) and has me listen to my brand new albums at least twelve times over a few weeks.  It does sound a bit complicated, but I spend about 30 minutes each week just creating a playlist for the week.  I turn on the playlist and listen.
I only do this because I refuse to have a huge pile of music that I don't listen to.  If I end up cringing or trying to skip and entire album in the playlist I will just get rid of it.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 1:12 pm

I too do all the options in this poll, but for the most part I fly by the seat of my pants. 
I'm kinda schizophrenic when it comes to listening to my music collection. 
In the same day I can listen to xsinner, the Praise Band, Eric Clapton, ApologetiX, CrystavoX, Megadeth then Michael W smith.  
Course I have moods- I can be on a art rock mood for a few days, then become sentiment and listen to late 80s early 90s CCM. Then mix 80s radio pop hits, then spin some Righteous Bros, then listen to Living Sacrifice.
So there's really no formula to my listening habits.

I was on a Facebook thread the other day saying how I liked a certain Christian band that had some awful sounds (by most peeps standard) and someone commeted that they were horrible... I had to be honest and say that I have a place in my heart for "underdogs".  In the right mood, I will listen to bands that sound very amateur and has poor recording/mixing simply cuz I love the "heart" behind the sound... some bands sound terrible, but their love for Jesus and what He did for us shines thru their lyrics so strongly that I turn a deaf ear to the sound that most would cringe over and I enjoy it.
I guess I'm a bit unique that way.
Anyone else dig underdogs ?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Bands when in the mood, styles when in the mood. However, my music tastes are very broad ... I can jump from power metal to easy listening to country to ...

But there is one band I can always listen to no matter what mood I am in, especially their older (70s and 80s) stuff.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 2:34 pm

BearDad wrote:

But there is one band I can always listen to no matter what mood I am in, especially their older (70s and 80s) stuff.

Even this song?

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 2:48 pm

I listen to everything I have at some point but I do go through fazes where I listen to a certain style..sometimes I will listen to New Wave for a week or 2 and then maybe Goth or powermetal  or maybe southern Rock/classic rock but the styles I never get tired of are NWOBHM and glam and rockabilly....
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 4:44 pm

I've found myself going back to the thrash albums (and similar stuff). I go for walks at the park, and I want something with intensity, that will get me pumped. And Faith No More just ain't intense enough for my workout.

At home or in the car, I'm a bit more diverse, but if I'm listening to an album, and I'm saying to myself "Thank God it's over" instead of wanting to hear it again, it probably won't get real far in my library. I'm done collecting for the sake of collecting (no offense, Jim). If I don't enjoy it, then its only use is for a drink coaster.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:

Even this song?

Yep, even that song. Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 5:43 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:

Even this song?

I love the band as well, but I have to confess I have to skip a few tracks on that album.

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 5:46 pm

I went with the "other" option.  When I listen to music I pick an album and listen to the whole thing.  Sometimes I'll listen to all the albums I have of one band in order by release date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:

Even this song?

I love the band as well, but I have to confess I have to skip a few tracks on that album.

Gone Crazy is a little like Stone in Love... yea, it's a bit suggestive at parts, but it's not explicit. Every once in a while Journey writes songs like that, but nothing like what bands like the glam metal bands are famous for! What I like about the song is that it is the only time we ever hear Ross Valory's voice!

I have to admit I am less inclined to listen to the post Frontiers stuff ... Raised on Radio was all about making radio hits (as were Escape and Frontiers, but they're better than ROR); Trial By Fire was adult easy listening (probably shouldn't have ever happened LOL!), and the rest are a little back to 80's form but not as good. Of all of them, the only one that truly disappointed me to some respect was the last one, Eclipse. Some of the songs on there are almost anti-theistic.

Oops, I think I jacked the thread! Sorry! Please return to whatever subject you were discussing. Smile

Last edited by BearDad on Sun May 10, 2015 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:15 pm

I have also done all of those choices in the poll so I picked the "other" option.  I might go by style for a while.  I may go just from random band to band at times.  Sometimes it is just the new stuff I listen to.  Right now, I am doing these little music marations where I listen to everything I have by certain bands.  It just changes by my moods, really.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 8:03 am

I picked "other" because I tend to stay on shuffle. When I get something new, I'll listen to it a few times through, but then back to shuffle.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 8:30 am

I picked other as well. I usually listen to all my music on shuffle. So my listening in the car may look like this:

Stavesacre - Aquiesence
Johnny Cash - Hurt
Ramones - Teenage Lobotomy
Minier - Killing of the Innocence
Brad Paisley - Alcohol
Neon Horse - Crazy Daisy

I know this because this is what played this morning on my way in.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 8:56 am

That's what I do too.
It depends how I feel and to what music I listen.

I've voted for the other "option" too.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Mon May 11, 2015 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 9:10 am

On the flip side, I never use shuffle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 10:27 am

I picked random bands. Really, it varies from day to day. One day I might want to hear Stryper or Iron Maiden. They next day I might want to hear Christopher Cross, Ronnie Milsap, Chubby Checker or Roy Orbison. 

And I have said before I have musical ADHD. If I get overwhelmed by my CD's, and look at CD's while listening to them I can switch out 10-15 CD's without ever listening to a complete song. That's why I like to have my iPod on shuffle. Less to look at and I don't know what it next but it is never a bad song because I like all the songs on my iPod. 

And I had never heard that Journey song. I am glad Ross sticks to playing bass the rest of the time. Reminded me a bit of "Hot For Teacher" in tempo. not a bad tune by any means, just not what I want to hear when listening to Journey.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 11:46 am

Very rarely do I pick a specific CD to listen to....I have about 250 albums on the SD card in my phone, and I have 4 different SD cards that I swap out fairly regularly...I just put it on shuffle and let it surprise me....everything from smooth jazz to death/black metal...if something comes on that I'm not in the mood for, I just skip to the next song.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 1:07 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
And I had never heard that Journey song. I am glad Ross sticks to playing bass the rest of the time. Reminded me a bit of "Hot For Teacher" in tempo. not a bad tune by any means, just not what I want to hear when listening to Journey.

That was my point in posting it.  Not a horrible song, but nothing like Journey...sounds more like a ZZ Top song that didn't quite make the cut.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 4:10 pm

I normally do random bands unless I'm doing a review of an album then I listen to that particular CD for a while.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 4:30 pm

Normally i listen to music i am in the mood for, but i go thrift shopping quite regular and listen to everything i buy before putting it away on the shelves. So i went for option 1 and 3.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

The music poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music poll   The music poll I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The music poll
Page 1 of 1