Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Desktop, Laptop or Tablet

Go down 
+8
Dynamis
MikeInFla
kerrick
Xid
alldatndensum
metaldude
Driven
Staybrite
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Desktop, Laptop or Tablet Empty
PostSubject: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Ok, obviously we all use computers (kind of a perquisite to post here). What computer type device to you use most? Which one do you prefer, and why? Do you use a computer for work/school?

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Laptop, by far. It's got a lot more power than a tablet, and almost as much power as a desktop, while still being pretty portable. Of course, the disadvantages are things like a small screen, relatively limited battery life, limited Internet access (unless you have cellular data when away from WiFi) and weak speakers. Despite all that, I'd much rather a laptop than the others. And I do use my laptop for school, whenever I need to type out a lab report or an essay; usually, though, I'll just browse the Internet, listen to or make music, and watch videos.

I also use my smartphone, of course. It's by far the most portable of gadgets, while still having decent power and Internet connectivity. Unfortunately, it just doesn't have the ease of use of a computer or even of a tablet.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:34 pm

I was never able to keep up with compter type activities until I got a smartphone. It's my "go to " device. I don't think I use my desktop more than once a month, maybe less.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:18 pm

I use my desktop the most, then the laptop, and my tablet the least.  Truthfully, the tablet is pointless with the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active cell phone I now have.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:18 pm

I'm on a desktop at work and at home.  Don't need a laptop as I don't need my computer with me 24/7.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Desktop here at work, laptop at home.  I'm with Alldat when it comes to phone... though mine's only an S3!   Razz
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Use them all but use my iPod the most. Using it right now.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Computer?  What computer?  I still use a typewriter...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Computer?  What computer?  I still use a typewriter...
Yeah right!  lol!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm mostly a desktop guy myself (at work and home).  I have an android phone (which I'm using right now) but I seldom post from it.  I do tend to grab the kindle or smart phone when I want to look up something quick on the web as they boot up much faster than the desktop.

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:13 pm

In all seriousness, I use a Windows 7 desktop (HP model), which works fine for all the online work that I do.  I am somewhat interested in getting a laptops, but laptops are almost too expensive when factoring that I will be using it as a second computer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 7:48 am

I only have a desktop at home ,so that is what I use. At times I wish I had a laptop to take with me out of town. That way I could at least check email and whatnot every few days.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 8:05 am

Desktop.
I'm not really a fan of using a laptop.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 10:46 am

I'm actually interested in getting a laptop because my current desktop at home is due to crash (it's about 12 years old). I just want a docking station or something so I could easily hook the laptop up to my external hard-drive, speakers, printer etc.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 11:06 am

Copied from FB:

LAPTOP. My laptop goes everywhere with me just like a woman carries a purse. It holds all my music, all my video, cartoons, movies, programs (that won't work on tablets due to their power and size) and tons of projects that those programs exist for.

My tablet is my Bible / reader / note taker- that's it's only purpose. They just don't have the HDD size or CPU power to run graphic or music editing programs... not much use for them. Only reason I got a tablet was to replace my stolen Bible. Now any study notes I "write" or type, can be backed up (since when my Bible was stolen, I lost 17 years of notes). Now if the tablet gets stolen, I still have all my notes and work backed up on 7 different HDD.

I hooked my old (and LAST) desktop to our huge plasma flat screen and hid it behind the entertainment center, with a wireless mouse and keyboard -so we can watch YouTube videos, listen to our music collection or whatever using a system that stays hooked up to the TV. The desktop is almost 10 years old and has been used as part of the E.T. for about 7 of those years.
(inexpensive Acer sure surprised me by lasting all these years... still kicking !)
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 7:56 am

Who steals a Bible????

I use a homebrew desktop.  When it dies, I'll probably replace it with another because it is what I'm used to.  I have a laptop, but I rarely use it because I use my iPad mini for the things I used the laptop for.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:22 am

Staybrite wrote:
I'm actually interested in getting a laptop because my current desktop at home is due to crash (it's about 12 years old).  I just want a docking station or something so I could easily hook the laptop up to my external hard-drive, speakers, printer etc.

One thing I would add to that,you can hook up your laptop to the HDTV. So then you can browse the web or even watch streaming video on the TV.

Maybe get a laptop with a Blu-ray disc drive and you can watch the Blu-rays and even DVD's without the BD/DVD players. It will all be on the laptop.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:13 am

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
I'm actually interested in getting a laptop because my current desktop at home is due to crash (it's about 12 years old).  I just want a docking station or something so I could easily hook the laptop up to my external hard-drive, speakers, printer etc.

One thing I would add to that,you can hook up your laptop to the HDTV. So then you can browse the web or even watch streaming video on the TV.

Maybe get a laptop with a Blu-ray disc drive and you can watch the Blu-rays and even DVD's without the BD/DVD players. It will all be on the laptop.

Good points (thanks), of course that would necessitate me getting an HDTV (lol). I still have a very old first generation flat-screen (cabinet style) tv that we bought some 18 years ago.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 2:28 pm

OH well ,I guess that is something else to consider.

The last time I saw one of those huge cabinet flat screens was a few years ago at my relatives in Atlanta. When they moved out to Huntsville ,they sold it and got a 60inch HDTV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desktop, Laptop or Tablet   Desktop, Laptop or Tablet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desktop, Laptop or Tablet
Page 1 of 1