Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral Empty
PostSubject: Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral   Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:12 pm

This isn't entirely related to music, but I thought you all would enjoy it.

Some of you may remember the band Daily Planet, who produced one album in the early 2000s before a serious wreck involving member Jesse Butterworth ultimately put an end to the project.

Jesse has since fully recovered and has kept busy over the years, starting a family, founding a church and adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. Frustrated by some of the insensitive questions his family or other adoptive families he knows have been asked, he posted a tutorial of sorts which compares how those questions would sound in relation to boob jobs. The video has since gone viral, and has now been picked up by the Today show...

http://www.today.com/moms/pastor-creates-boob-job-rule-questions-about-adopted-kids-1D79579660
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral   Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:34 pm

That is absolutely fantastic!!!!!

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral   Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:01 pm

OMG That was hilarious ! I laughed very loudly  Laughing 

But humor aside, this is so good for families who adopt. There have been times over the years that inappropriate wording has been used about my kids. They became my children when I married Lisa, though they weren't mine biologically. Phrases have been used like "but they're not your real kids right ?" I always answered with a joke, "no they're not real kids - they actually have a wind up key on their backs, wanna see ?"
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral   Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Oh and btw I've always liked that Daily Planet album. Good rock !
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral   Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:03 am

I agree that it's a great album. My favorites are "Tangled Web" and "Six String Rocketeer". It's really a shame the group didn't get any further.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral   Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:02 am

It can also be the same for foster parents.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral   Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:47 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
It can also be the same for foster parents.

That's what I was thinking as well. We fostered 5 different children over 2 years and got many of the same dumb/insensitive questions.

PostSubject: Re: Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral   Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pastor's Adoption Tutorial goes viral
Page 1 of 1