Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption) Empty
PostSubject: What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption)   What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption) I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:37 pm

My wife and I recently became a licensed foster family because we are hoping to adopt a child in our state foster-care system.

We attended a kid fest event a few weeks ago that grouped 40 families wanting children and about 45 foster kids together in a festival type atmosphere. It was in attempt to introduce families to foster children in hopes that they would be adopted. It is a fantastic idea (but a little strange).

One thing I noticed is that out of the 40 families, there were 3 or 4 "same-sex" couples. I didn't really find this odd (especially since it was in
Seattle). But I found myself kind of torn about the issue. So my question is do you think "same-sex" couples should be eligible to adopt?

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption)   What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption) I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:34 pm

No

Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption)   What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption) I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:23 am

I've read all the responses on CMR and here and found the thread very interesting. I'm okay with same-sex adoption although I don't agree with it. That may sound strange, but I think what is best is one mother and one father in a family unit - each parent brings something different and helpful in the relationship which same sex couples can't. However we live in an imperfect world and (in my opinion) it is better for a child to have 2 loving parents who are of the same sex than no parents at all and to feel totally unloved.

I do get the impression that God doesn't like the idea though.... but that could just be my take on how I read the Bible. That's why even if I was vehemently opposed to same sex adotion I'd still keep it between me and God. God is the judge, not I.

(these are the opinions of) Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption)   What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption) I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:25 am

Oh, and well done on going up for adoption Staybrite. It's a good and helpful thing to do. In the UK I have friends who wanted to adopt but almost couldn't partly because they were christians!!! Hopefully it's not the same over there. They have adopted now anyway.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption)   What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption) I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 7:58 am

What I think God has given us a father and a mother.
Never in the Bible you read about kids having two fathers or mothers.
The Bible is pretty clear about relationships between men and men and females and females.
My answer is no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption)   What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption) I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:27 am

I vote no too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption)   What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption) I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:02 pm

Fundy wrote:
I've read all the responses on CMR and here and found the thread very interesting. I'm okay with same-sex adoption although I don't agree with it. That may sound strange, but I think what is best is one mother and one father in a family unit - each parent brings something different and helpful in the relationship which same sex couples can't. However we live in an imperfect world and (in my opinion) it is better for a child to have 2 loving parents who are of the same sex than no parents at all and to feel totally unloved.

I do get the impression that God doesn't like the idea though.... but that could just be my take on how I read the Bible. That's why even if I was vehemently opposed to same sex adotion I'd still keep it between me and God. God is the judge, not I.

(these are the opinions of) Fundy

Wow, this is pretty much my opinion as well (we truly agree on a non-musical issue, that makes me happy).

I believe God made procreation between a man and a woman for a reason. To try to build a family in a manner contrary to God's fashion just doesn't seem right. It is also my desire that all children needing a family be adopted by a good Christian family that will teach them the love of Christ. The few homosexual people I have met have no love for Christ at all.

However, after going to that kid's-fest and looking at those children's faces and hearing them talk...... I was very sad. Those children just want a family. They just want a family that will love them, and I for one believe they all deserve it. Every child deserves a forever-family that will love them and not turn them away. We all have faults, we all sin, and no child is going to get a perfect set of parents (especially the child we adopt). So who am I to stand between a child's happiness and my theological beliefs?

I still find it a tough call, glad that it isn't one I have to make.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption)   What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption) I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Fundy wrote:
In the UK I have friends who wanted to adopt but almost couldn't partly because they were christians!!! Hopefully it's not the same over there. They have adopted now anyway.

I don't believe it is that big of an issue if you are adopting internationally, because many of the international adoption agencies based in the U.S. are "Christian" (or were started by Christians).

It is a little different when you are adopting through the state welfare system. There are some "homosexual friendly" forms we were required to fill out, and during our home study I got quite a few questions regarding my faith (and all the bilbes/theology books in my book-case). However this is still seen as a "Christian-Nation" (well pretty much anyway), and once the case worker felt assured that I would beat or brain-wash any children we took in who refused to accept Christ as their savior, I think it became kind of a "non-issue".

BTW thanks for all your comments guys, I greatly appreciate it. I've been pondering this issue for a few weeks now.

What's Your Opinion (Re: Same-sex Adoption)
Page 1 of 1