Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting Yard Sale Haul

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Interesting Yard Sale Haul Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:14 am

I stopped off at a charity yard sale on my way home from work last night - to look at the music of course.

What I found was very interesting. I was excited to see there was a bunch of Christian CDs (Geoff Moore, etc) - as I was flipping thru the stack, I saw a lot of bands I've never heard of. They had the "rock" "classic metal" look to them, and none of them had "language warnings" or filthy sounding song names on them. The lady told me they were 3 for a buck ! These CDs were in beautiful shape, like new... so I took a gamble and bought the whole box = 45 CDs (except for a couple kids albums  Laughing  ).

I only had a few minutes to check out some of the more interesting ones, but when I started looking them up on the internet, I was quite pleased.
Seven Wishes (not sure if they're Christian) is described as sounding "like Dokken and TNT".
Straight Wired (not sure if they're Christian) "blends a sound of TESLA and EXTREME".

Then I looked up Stonefuze and discovered I was holding the newer band of the members of Cornerstone !  I didn't even know they went on to release new albums under a different name ! Can't wait to listen to this one.

So aside from the obvious Christian titles I got, it seems I've scored a stack of CDs that are like new and are totally my style of metal/rock (who may or may not be Christian bands). ALL FOR 15 bucks !!!
It's like a grab-bag of goodies !!! What fun   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:39 am

I've heard of Stonefuze but not the music. Cool find.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:40 am

Wow, quite the haul indeed!  I'm looking forward to hearing more about it once you get a chance to listen through it more!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Just based on the name of the album from this band called "Straight Wired" I would guess that they are not a "Christian group"....not sure if it is even the same band you got.

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=2715

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Yeh, I've dug through a few here at work and looked them up - no Christian albums yet, BUT look at the used price for Seven Wishes on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Wishes/dp/B00004S8QH/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1398188596&sr=1-5&keywords=seven+wishes

Been listening to Seven Wishes - nothing points to them being Christian, but MAN this album rocks !! Sounds like the old classic metal/rock we loved from the 80s. Great band, surprised I've never heard of them !
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Checking out Seven Wishes, Utopia album and it's serious Dokken worship.

Stonefuzed is and interesting band for Rivel, more stoner sounding then euro metal.

Last edited by Redeemed Fool on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:57 pm

Yikes. Found one that looked like a cool metal band... they're metal, but they ain't cool.

Mary's Creek - Some kind of hate

has songs called THERE IS NO GOD, I don't believe, New Religion, etc... lot's of anger in the lyrics- I'll be tossing this one !
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Quote :
What Cornerstone are you referring too?

The band that put out Jesus Rides a Harley Too, Flying Gasoline, and Dust. All the exact same band members. Can't wait to hear this one...

Ironically in the stack is another "Cornerstone" band - this one seems to not be Christian... there's an interesting cover... but the lyrics make me wonder - they're actually great lyrics, and more seeking and more Christian than most Christian bands today... hmmm

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Beside the cool find of Stonefuze, the Christian ones I scored for cheap were:
Geoff Moore- Threads
Phil Driscoll -The picture changes
Kirk Franklin -The Nu Nation Project
Exodus (Compilation by Rocketown Records)
Darrell Mansfield -Give Him your blues

Not much to jump up and down about... but I'm not done yet. Got about 25 CDs to go through... this is fun.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:28 pm

At first glance, they seem to be Christian:

Interesting Yard Sale Haul 519ORGWL5OL._SY300_

Seems they're an 80s metal band from Germany that just re-released a bunch of their old songs with a new singer. http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Victory/1588
Oh well, I'll give it a listen, at least there's nothing on it that looks inappropriate...
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Is this other Cornerstone the one with Doogie White singing?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:21 pm

I think it's some local effort as the album is very stripped down. The singer is J.T. Roughhouse.
The album rocks and has some unique vocals, kind of a "cleaned up" Lemmy of Motorhead.
I can't find anything at all on the internet - it's like it was never released.

Interesting Yard Sale Haul 20140410

The poles are the only thing that are risqué - they show the birth to death of people (but they're all necked) (PS if the pic is too risqué, I'll take it down)- and yet, the band name, the lyrics and even some of the imagery on the cover seem to suggest a Christian faith (of some sort...)

very odd find indeed
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Is there a year or a record company on that Cornerstone album?  It totally looks like an indie release (especially with the black and white album art).

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:36 pm

Copyright 1997

That's it. Lyrics are printed on inside over faded images of the band, and a few "thank yous"

No label. All B&W.

UPC code is the only number that may identify it. 0 3613-40036-2 4

Again, very strange find. I kinda like it though - they sound pretty good. Not your average rock/metal/stoner/grunge... all or none of those... Idk.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Another interesting one in the stack:

http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Station-Surveillance/dp/B000FKOX2Q/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1398204629&sr=1-1&keywords=surveillance+angel

Surveillance -Angel Station

This hard rock/metal band has lyrics that are clearly written by someone sympathetic to the Christian faith for sure. Don't know what their deal is, but again, the lyrics read more clearly Christian than most Christian bands.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Oh my.... um, look at this one that was in the stack - it's some hip hop stuff, but look at the price:

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Timing-2-DJ-Storm/dp/B00004YX4D/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1398224162&sr=1-1&keywords=dj+storm+%26+johnny+dangerously

Perhaps I may get a little cash out of this random grab bag of cds ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Yard Sale Haul   Interesting Yard Sale Haul I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Yard Sale Haul
Page 1 of 1