Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting Find....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Interesting Find.... Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Find....   Interesting Find.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:38 am

So admit it, every time you buy a used book or a CD or an LP, you always hope upon inspecting it that someone at some point in time left a $100 bill as a bookmark.... or some other wildly cool discovery left inside the sleeve or wherever....
Well, I didn't find a 100 dollar bill when I got myself a copy of America Gomorrah's album, but I did find something interesting in the tray where the CD sets.... The lead singers personal business cards. 1 for the Band, and 1 for what I assume is/was his business of producing.

Anyways, I figured since my wife was less than impressed (would've been a different story if it was $100 bill) then I'd share this with you guys, those of you who can appreciate something as simple, yet fascinating as this:

Interesting Find.... Amergo10
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Find....   Interesting Find.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:46 am

My assumption is, that this cd was not an average album sold in stores or online. Rather it was a cd given as a promotion to a radio station or DJ of some sort, which would explain why Gene would place his business cards inside it.
Only problem with that theory is, there are no punch outs, or cuts in the casing as is rather standard for promotionals. 
Maybe TopShotRhit can shed light on this as he was a DJ for some time.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Find....   Interesting Find.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:21 am

When I bought mine from the band years ago, both business cards came with it.  I still have them in the CD case.  I think that Gene was really trying to promote both the band and his business through this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Find....   Interesting Find.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:29 am

That's pretty cool.  Since they were an indie band it wouldn't surprise me if the sold/gave away several CDs with the business cards.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Find....   Interesting Find.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Makes sense. It's a shame they didn't go on to put out some more albums. Though it's a bit grungy, it's still a great rock album and they could've really been more of a (Christian) household name. oh well.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Find....   Interesting Find.... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:05 pm

It's nice to find this in a CD.
I call that "nice surprises".
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Find....   Interesting Find.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Can't recall if mine came with the cards or not. Typically if the band did include something with a CD they sent me for the show, it was a sticker. Sometimes they'd have a pic and/or bio sheet.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Find....   Interesting Find.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:43 am

I'm always asking for business stickers, mostly from record labels, as I've begun to paste up my truck with cool Christian label stickers on my window.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Find....   Interesting Find.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Find....
Page 1 of 1