Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!

Go down 
+4
Xid
alldatndensum
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:47 am

NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! Noahmo10NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! Noah_i10

Still searching all versions of the Bible to find where the fallen Sons of God, Giants, or Nephilim were huge beings made out of rocks who helped Noah build the Ark and then called back to heaven when they were done ????? Then there's the "Stowaway" ?? Of the 3 sons- only one had a wife (what happened to the other brother's wives ??), and a crazy wild Noah on a rampage assuming God wanted him to kill his family ???

This movie could make even the most devout believer say "WTF!?!?!!"

Obviously I do not recommend this movie, unless you know your Bible very good and just want A GOOD LAUGH !! The only thing it had going for it was great CGI.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:56 am

This movie borders on blasphemous - truly entrenched in ridiculous crap that is no where in Scripture... what an embarrassment.

I'm all for a little bit of added stuff to make a Biblical film stretch out for more time... but this was complete nonsense.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:33 am

Not that I ever had any intention of seeing this movie, nor do I care to support it anyways... but in its defense, I don't think it ever set out to be biblically accurate or honoring to God in the least.  So far as I can tell, the director was aware of the biblical story of Noah and decided he wanted to create a story of his own in his own way based off of it.  How many "based on a true story" movies are out there that have hardly the faintest resemblance of anything that actually happened?  They're made for entertainment's sake and to get money.  Hopefully people unfamiliar with the true account of Noah will be sharp enough to not blindly believe what they see in the movie to be biblical truth...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 7:35 am

I think you have to look at the source of this movie.  The director is an atheist doing a movie off of something he sees as fiction.  What do you really expect?  Several fairy tales and children's books have been recently redone (Hansel & Gretel, Alice In Wonderland, etc.) and they barely resemble the original works.  That's just what Hollyweird does.  They doctor and tamper with things just to make something that will sell to the masses even to the point of making a mockery of the source works.

I think that is exactly what they did here.  They've tried to make an action movie out of a sacred Biblical account that the director sees as fiction.  If there is no God, then anything in the Bible can be bastardized like this.  I wouldn't doubt that a Jesus film will come out that will be totally blasphemous in just the next few years.  They know that we Christians will whine and complain to the point that we become their street team that sells tickets off controversy.  They also know that many will still pay to see this either at the theater or through Redbox.  We will be loud in our disgust and then pay to help make this a success making us the most hypocritical movie reviewers. 

I won't watch this movie.  I will not spend one thin dime perpetuating something that makes a mockery of the Word of God.  If this were a mishandling of the writings of Muhammad, I guarantee you that the Muslims would have blown Hollywood to smithereens.  We can't be that extreme as Christians, but we can fight by simply not seeing this and praying for everyone involved to come to saving faith in Jesus.  Also, we can put our money behind Christ focused films like "God's Not Dead" or "Heaven Is For Real" to show movie makers that we will only support movies that accurately portray our Lord and His holy Word.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 9:23 am

The previews I've seen were enough to let me know it wasn't the Biblical account of Noah and not worth my time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Agreed. However, for me the movie trailer looked so good and ONLY showed mostly Biblical parts, so all in all I felt like it was complete false advertising.

If they were to edit out 83% of the movie - I'd probably dig it.

I could overlook Noah killing all these men and slaughtering them as they tried to get on the boat (not Biblical)

I could easily overlook the story of Shem's wife (not Biblical, but a cool story that doesn't take away)

I could overlook the "magic bean" Methusehlah gave him that grew a jungle of trees in 5 minutes so he could build the ark (maybe.... that one was pretty asinine)

and perhaps a few other things I could overlook, BUT the goofy "rock people" that were NOT in the Bible who were fallen angels who helped Noah build the ark ????
Noah misunderstanding the Creator's reason for destroying the earth ? Thinking he was chosen to save the only ones who were "innocent" - the frickin animals ??? Animals aren't innocent, they tear each other to pieces when they're hungry. Oh and Noah and his family finding it strange and evil that other men ate animals - cuz they only ate berries and trees ?  Or the 3 brothers, only one had a wife, the other 2 were SOL and were still children when they got on the ark and landed on Ararat... children ??? Howabout Noah going on this crazy rampage thinking it's God's will to kill Shem's wife's babies and telling his whole family that when this whole thing is over, they will ALL DIE and man will be no more. WTF ?!!?!?

I could go on and on.... but suffice it to say, everyone's assessment of why the movie is worthless crap, fully makes sense to me.
My wife wants her 18 bucks back - haha. I told her, since we can't get our money back, then we can at least TRASH the movie so many others will NOT go see it... at least they'll save their money. Oy vey !

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:11 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I wouldn't doubt that a Jesus film will come out that will be totally blasphemous in just the next few years.  
They already have with "The Last Temptation Of Christ"

I don't want to see the movie because I don't want to get angry at what they have done with God's word (and also like Alldat said, I want to vote with my wallet).

Like Alldat I would like to see Hollywood do this with the Koran...but they don't have the guts.  They will just  keep hammering at Christianity because it makes a safe target (that and they hate God)

Kinda glad you saw it G/F, so I don't have to.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:02 pm

Yeh, I took one for the team  Laughing  Razz 

Final Verdict:

Effects/CGI: 10
Storyline: 2
Accuracy: 1

It's a shame they couldn't get some devout Jew or Christian (even Catholic) to have produced this, keeping it very accurate.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:03 pm

I'm not at all into movies, so I would be skipping this anyway.

Controversy sells, time and time again.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Do this to any other major religion, not just Islam, and watch what happens.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 9:23 am

No doubt ^ !!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:42 am

I wonder what would happen if Hollywood made a movie about the homosexual agenda in less that positive light?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:44 am

Of all people, Gene Simmons of KISS said it best in that video of the morning show when he was talking about Tim Tebow. He listed all kinds of religious groups and said if Tim were any of those, it would be no big deal, but cuz he's a "born again Christian" they slam him.

I agree that if it were any other special interests group, religious or sexual preference, even political parties, people would be up in arms and hold boycotts and protests and such...

should we be surprised when the ONLY Truth is attacked as it is ? Not really, but like I'm doing, telling everyone I know not to support this movie whatsoever since I seen it first hand and have a strong working knowledge of the Truth of this historical event God preserved and handed down to us. I'm telling everyone not to see this trash, nor support it in any way.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:50 am

Ironically, we American sleepy Christians are allowing this movie full exposure and doing nothing about it... while MUSLIMS are not allowing the movie as it depicts a PROPHET in an inappropriate light, giving more worship to the character "Noah" rather than to GOD.

We are being put to shame by Islam. It's a sad day for Christianity.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/noah-banned-malaysia-indonesia-article-1.1748211
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:33 pm

I've been seeing this link around Facebook, but I only read it last night. If this guy is right about his facts, it's scary what is happening. http://drbrianmattson.com/journal/2014/3/31/sympathy-for-the-devil
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Wow, thanks for that article Andre, that was VERY informative and interesting. Totally makes sense.

Can't wait to share that with my wife.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:58 am

You might want to watch this. It should wash the filth out from that Noah flick (hopefully a good bit at least). It is edited some but you get the feel of it.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:08 am

Ha my sister recently watched this movie and thought it was absolutely atrocious!  She couldn't believe the inaccuracies but she said even regardless of those, it was just a really poorly done movie!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:34 am

kerrick wrote:
Ha my sister recently watched this movie and thought it was absolutely atrocious!  She couldn't believe the inaccuracies but she said even regardless of those, it was just a really poorly done movie!

What movie are you referring to?

The Bible...in the beginning(1966) ~http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060164/
Noah(2014)
or maybe The Bible (2014)
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:38 am

Oh, sorry.  Noah by Aronofsky.   Cool
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:49 am

Noah by Aronofsky was indeed an atrocity. It was not only highly inaccurate fantasy and painted the real life characters in such horrible lights, it was indeed a stupid movie... boring, silly, foolish. Unfortunately a lot of children might think it's cool... that could be a real problem as children are very susceptible to accepting things like that - their little brains soak in the wrong story and the great effects only make it more acceptable to kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!   NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOAH.... WHAT THE.... !?!?!?!?!?!
Page 1 of 1