Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.

Go down 
+7
alldatndensum
kerrick
Staybrite
messiaen77
Hardkore
BearDad
Redeemed Fool
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  Empty
PostSubject: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:28 am

http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2013/11/19/dont-be-taken-in-by-the-noah-movies-promotion/
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 12:42 pm

agreed.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:14 pm

I had my doubts and worry's about Noah,but that cleared it up. I won't even bother renting it when it comes to video.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:26 pm

I must admit I never planned to see it.  I tend to stay away from blatantly religious-themed films for a number of reasons.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:34 pm

I was likely going to skip the film just because of Russel Crow....but if even half of that stuff in Ken's article is actually in the film I will definitely avoid it.

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 6:10 pm

I like Russell in some movies like Cinderella Man.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:34 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

I thought Master and Commander was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

Was that good?  I never saw it but thought it looked just like most all his recent pretentious/over-dramatized roles.  Ever since he got big with Gladiator (which was a good flick), it went to his head and he started going all "Tom Hanks" on us IMO!  Tom Hanks was great and then Forest Gump (another good flick) came along and he just got pretentious as all get-out!  Haha I'm going to get flack for that one...   Twisted Evil

As for the movie at hand... I was planning on skipping it anyways just because of the director.  He hasn't done anything I've seen that grabbed my attention much of any.  I dunno though, just because a movie doesn't accurately portray the true story it's based on doesn't make it worthy to boycott.  Seems though that perhaps this film has its own political agenda and one contrary to God's hopes?  Interesting article.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:09 pm

kerrick wrote:

Seems though that perhaps this film has its own political agenda and one contrary to God's hopes? 

This is how it appears to me. I don't have a problem with Hollywierd taking poetic license and dramatizing things up a bit, or even poking a little fun ("I bring you these fifteen ... SMASH ... these ten commandments" Smile ), but this movie just smells bad to me.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 7:27 am

I was interested when I saw the trailer.  However, now that I know more about the story, I think I too shall pass.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 am

I'm not sure if we can watch this movie here too.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 11:24 am

Noah was a man of faith who had a relationship with God that is astounding and it's totally lost in this movie. Try doing that with a movie dealing with any other groups sacred writings and see what happens? Yet we are still the intolerant ones.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Noah was a man of faith who had a relationship with God that is astounding and it's totally lost in this movie. Try doing that with a movie dealing with any other groups sacred writings and see what happens? Yet we are still the intolerant ones.

Heretic!   Razz   Ugh, it's so true...   Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:33 pm

So you guys are going to base whether you watch this movie on what Ken Ham says? Ken Ham is an idiot who does more of a disservice to Christianity than any one.

Even Pat Robertson thinks he is nuts.

The whole "young earth" theory is whacked, and Ken Ham is a screwball.

Here is an interesting thought...how about watching the movie and judging for yourself instead of putting your trust into a nut job?
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:52 pm

The movie isn't about Creation, it's about the life of Noah and a lot more people then Ham are saying it's a huge distortion of the Biblical story.

Last edited by Redeemed Fool on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Here is an interesting thought...how about watching the movie and judging for yourself instead of putting your trust into a nut job?

Why would you want to pay money to see something you are almost certain will disappoint you. I might review it if I could see if for free.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Quote :
So you guys are going to base whether you watch this movie on what Ken Ham says? Ken Ham is an idiot who does more of a disservice to Christianity than any one.

Even Pat Robertson thinks he is nuts.

The whole "young earth" theory is whacked, and Ken Ham is a screwball.

I had a big reply typed out and lost it somehow.  I guess this is God's way of telling to remember my recent lesson in keeping my mouth shut.  I think I will take His advice and just not say anything.  I think that would be best.

I am sorry that you took offense, Guest, and felt the need to delete your account rather than continue in a dialog about this.  I feel that we all could have gained a better understanding of one another's opinion but sadly we will not get that chance.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:26 pm

Guest wrote:
how about watching the movie and judging for yourself instead of putting your trust into a nut job?

Rather sound advise .... um, what are those on you hands? Burn Scars? Ah, no doubt from when you put your hand on the hot stove to judge for yourself rather than putting your trust in someone else that clearly knew better than you did.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 7:21 am

I think this topic has probably run its course.  The person who took issue to our not wanting to see this film has deleted their account.  So, I think it best to just let sleeping dogs lie.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 7:30 am

Let's wake up the dogs. Smile

Here's an interesting rebuttal if you will for those of us planning not to see it. Discuss.

BearDad

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 7:51 am

I'll admit I've had some second thoughts about Noah, at least so far as watching it on DVD. I have no problem with storytellers "filling in the gaps", just so long as they don't literally change what the Bible says actually happened.  For example, my dad tells me that Jesus calming the storm and walking on water were combined into a single event in the movie Son of God. To me that is unacceptable. (Sorry, didn't mean to deviate to a different movie).

If you like to read and you don't mind people taking what God tells us about certain folks in the Bible and making epic tales out of their stories, you should check out books by Ellen Gunderson Trayler.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:06 am

Noah is portrayed as a man of God in the Bible. From others who have seen it already he's reported as being almost if not actually crazy and that's just the start. Director Aronofsky says he sees Noah as the first environmentalist. He also says it's just a fable and he's made it into something unreconizable compared to the Scripture. In this day of Biblical ignorance I see a lot of danger.  
And I have troubles with other movies he listed too but at least they keep the core intact.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:52 pm

What did y'all think of the movie Evan Almighty, then?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Never watched Evan Almighty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 10:40 am

Me neither.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.    So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, i'll be skipping the movie, Noah.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next