Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.

Go down 
+3
topshot rhit
BearDad
Redeemed Fool
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 11:30 am

Cool, please keep us posted!  I am very curious.  I wonder if there are any more recent interviews/statements that may shed more light on the situation?

As for Maiden, yeah they've got some lyrics that I wouldn't "agree" with either, though like you, I haven't found anything that's necessarily offensive or directly opposing to my faith, etc.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 am

Please let us know if you learn anything. Meantime i'm FBing Herbie and hopefully he will respond.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:48 am

I had been thinking maybe it was a concept album as well given those lyrics. Sure hope Herbie hasn't fallen away!

BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:35 am

Flo has posted to the FB page since my comment, but without any mention of it.  I suspect I'm not going to get any kind of response.  Hopefully those folks more involved in the metal scene (I'm just a fan Smile ) can get a response from Herbie.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 7:51 pm

I was just out at FB and I noticed the little (1) next to "Other" for my messages. Lo and behold, I got a PM from Flo of Sinbreed. Sadly, it was several weeks old, as I had forgotten about FB's "other" inbox for messages from "non friends." Anyhow, here is what he had to say:

Flo Laurin wrote:
i just saw your posting. Please, go ahaed an pm me and let me know your interpretation von Reborn's lyrics. I'm curious. All the best, FLo

And here is my response:

I wrote:
Hi Flo, thanks for the message! I apologize for not responding earlier; in truth I didn't see it until today as I forgot that FB has an "other" inbox for messages. I love the new Sinbreed album, and lyrical interpretations aside it truly rocks!

Concerning Reborn, the entire song sounds very much like a renouncement of faith. With phrases like "I break my agreement and live on my own" and "Don't need no lord no master I dump my crown of thorns never again I'll follow." In truth the lyrics probably would not disturb me quite so much if they hadn't been co-written by Herbie, a man who has his roots in a band known to be a Christian band, both lyrically and by personal profession of the band members, and who made a very public statement concerning his faith in Jesus Christ in 2008.

I realize that Sinbreed has never claimed to be Christian - oriented, and I have never read of any of the rest of you sharing Herbie's faith, so I have never listened to your music expecting any type of Christian message. Nevertheless, your first CD still seemed to have a positive, hopeful feel to it lyrically; for example, "A ray of light is breaking through, a sign of hope that warms my soul, the shadows flee and once again my mind is refilled by the light" from Enemy Lines. That is why I was so surprised at the decidedly darker tone of Shadows; for example, "You can run but you can't hide - I will not rest till you bleed" from Bleed, "you can't win, w'ere legion" from Call to Arms, "I'm happy I'm going astray I'm out on my own" from Leaving the Road, and "I chase the light away pure evil yearn for the day" from Black Death.  And, of course, the previously mentioned song Reborn. 

Although I have not seen it stated in any of the interviews, reviews, press releases, etc., I am wondering if lyrically Shadows is a concept album? If so, there doesn't appear to really be a resolution by the end of the album, as even Broken Wings seems to speak of being betrayed ("There is no way to run and no solution to be found"). Perhaps this album is simply part one?

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this with me.  Sorry this is so long!  Keep on rockin'! 

I guess we'll see where it goes from here. Smile
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 7:05 pm

Thanks again for keeping us posted!  I'm very curious as to how he'll respond.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm curious as well.  I bought Shadows, but I'm reluctant to listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Glad he responded to you, he never did to me.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 8:35 am

Just an update that is actually a non-update (sorry. Sad )  I have not heard back from Flo, and in truth I will be surprised if I ever do. After all, his message to me indicated he was curious about my interpretation, not that he was interested in explaining or defending the lyrics.

It is sad, as I really enjoy the music for this CD. I respect and understand, and even sympathize at times, with those that state they cannot listen to it. It is a CD that I will likely offer up for trade, and I am one that almost never gets rid of music.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 10:53 am

Hmm, that's a bummer.   Neutral   Thanks for keeping us updated though.  That is a bit frustrating...
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:43 am

Reading some of his posts too he seems to have totally backed away from representing christianity publicly. Not to say where he is in his private life but he used to be more outspoken.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Reading some of his posts too he seems to have totally backed away from representing christianity publicly. Not to say where he is in his private life but he used to be more outspoken.

Do you mean Herbie? I looked at some of his FB stuff, but most of it is German and my German has so much rust on it I can't hardly use it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2