Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.

Go down 
+3
topshot rhit
BearDad
Redeemed Fool
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. Empty
PostSubject: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:14 am

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sinbreed-featuring-blind-guardian-members-shadows-album-artwork-track-listing-release-dates/

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:05 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:43 pm

Don't forget these ones:

Only eight more days! I'm stoked!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:37 am

What makes Sinbreed Christian lyrically? Not familiar with them, but I am with Blind Guardian who were not Christian at the time at least (Nightfall era).

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:04 am

I didn't think the band professed to be Christian at all.

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:10 am

Oh. We're not becoming the CMR are we?  Suspect 

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:30 am

topshot rhit wrote:

Laughing  No, I just didn't think the band ever claimed to be Christian. As far as I know Herbie might be the only Christian in the band....but it's not like I'm some kind of expert on the group (I don't even own their first album).

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:00 am

Well, their page on the Metal Archives says for lyrical themes: "Christianity, life, love, hope."  Looking at some of their lyrics from their first album, I'd say that's probably pretty appropriate.  Their JPM's are rather low... but the concepts/themes appear to be rather "Christian."
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:34 am

What ^ said. I view them as a band with a lot of christian influence and inoffensive lyrics.

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/sinbreed/whenworldscollide.html#2
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:35 am

Let me know what the new lyrics are like then.

BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:56 am

topshot rhit wrote:

my thoughts exactly.  If so, I'm gone.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
What ^ said. I view them as a band with a lot of christian influence and inoffensive lyrics.

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/sinbreed/whenworldscollide.html#2

Amen.  That and the fact that Herbie and Flo both came from Seventh Avenue, which is very decidedly Christian.

I have to admit, however, that the lyrics to Call to Arms give me pause when Herbie sings: "You can't win we're Legion, we will do fight day and night spreading the disease"  scratch

I am going to be uber-bummed out if Sinbreed has chosen to go down "the dark path." Sad

Last edited by BearDad on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:22 pm

I was taking that to refer from the point of view of Legion that was cast into the pigs. If the lyrics are similar to SA I'd be OK with this. I don't buy anything for just good music anymore (unless it would be instrumental, of course).

BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:51 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
unless it would be instrumental, of course

I don't know... you have to be careful with instrumental stuff as well.  After all, those African drums are only used for evil purposes!

New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. Sarcasmalert
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:53 pm

I dug their last album... I listened to this track once and didnt grab me immediately... 

Lyrically.... well unless Herbie starts denying Jesus then I wouldn't 'worry'.....  I don't want PRAISE music... I've got plenty of that already.... I want something from the heart and soul that would grab me in inspire me.... And that might require I THINK.... God gave me a brain....

Sorry guys just too much lately of "JPM quota" and "He sounds too much like a rock star"... blah blah blah....   same ole same ole..... and if I read how some one sold out for money again... what a crock....  Just ask Chris how much dough he's sitting on....  You make music for the love of MUSIC and GOD if you're so inclined...  No one in our little corner of the music world is making money off of selling music.... 

oh dear that went on way too long!!!

Tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:39 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:
I dug their last album... I listened to this track once and didnt grab me immediately... 

Lyrically.... well unless Herbie starts denying Jesus then I wouldn't 'worry'.....  I don't want PRAISE music... I've got plenty of that already.... I want something from the heart and soul that would grab me in inspire me.... And that might require I THINK.... God gave me a brain....

Sorry guys just too much lately of "JPM quota" and "He sounds too much like a rock star"... blah blah blah....   same ole same ole..... and if I read how some one sold out for money again... what a crock....  Just ask Chris how much dough he's sitting on....  You make music for the love of MUSIC and GOD if you're so inclined...  No one in our little corner of the music world is making money off of selling music.... 

oh dear that went on way too long!!!

Tongue

I hear ya, and for what it is worth I am not concerned.  I like Sinbreed and am stoked for the new album ... period. Smile
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:42 pm

Yeah Mr. Electric40, you get a big  Amen  from me!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:04 am

It was 4/14, 11:57 pm, and I was just finishing my work, so I checked the Amazon Cloud Player, and as one would expect there were no new downloads.  So I closed the program and waited, then reopened it at straight up midnight ... WOO HOO!   cheers   Sinbreed's Shadows started to download. 

Now I need to go to bed.   Mad
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:49 am

Came across this live vid this morning:

More here: https://www.youtube.com/user/sinbreedmetal

A somewhat humorous "oops" at 3:25 of the "making of Shadows, part 3" video.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:44 am

I downloaded it also. Sounding excellent.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm

What are the lyrics like this time?

BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Well I gotta say I'm disappointed. Not in the music; Sinbreed is as good on this CD as they were on the last one. However, the lyrics for most of the songs are very dark, and one at least -- Reborn -- sounds like a verbal declaration for turning away from God.

"Too long I watched in silence watched my life passing by
Had faith in words that once been said in vain
A kingdom of the heavens forgiveness of my Sins
Such noble words been written in our past

Breaking out of my cage my ears are deaf
to the pied piper's call find a new way to go
I break my agreement and live on my own

Reborn in rage and ego my chance has come at last
I'm burning down the bridge to overrule my blinded past
Don't need no lord no master I dump my crown of thorns
Never again I'll follow never again reborn

You see a world of darkness tell me to grow it out
By following a bunch of hypocrites
But I see a light around me and this is not divine
It's the power of the people who decide to live

To the pie pipers call find a new way to go

Never again I'll follow never again reborn

To the pied piper's tune find a new way to go

Never again I'll follow never again reborn"

I should also add that Herbie co-wrote the lyrics for nine of the ten songs. What is very interesting to me is that he did not write any lyrics for 2010's When Worlds Collide, and those songs often refer the "the light" ... 

"I raise my hand and I hope I can touch the light." (Enemy Lines)

"A golden light shines through the dark." (Through the Dark)

"Dust to dust - it's the fate upon us all.
The life you have chosen, decide where to go.
Dust to dust - see the writing on the wall.
Behold, it's worth fighting, don't lose your belief.
Dust to dust - it's the fate upon us all.
It's your life, you better think twice.
Dust to dust..."  (Dust to Dust)

I don't know; maybe I'm looking for demons where there are none. I really hope that someone can explain how the guy that made this statement can write and sing such depressing lyrics. 

This CD was definitely a balloon deflater!  Sad
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 10:30 am

I'm with you on that.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 10:44 am

Hmm, yeah there aren't too many ways to interpret those lyrics...  Is it a concept album maybe?  Perhaps that song is about some guy turning away from his faith only to return later in the album?  I dunno...
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 11:13 am

^ The concept album notion would definitely make me feel better about the dark songs, particularly that one, and the last song is called "Broken Wings" in which Herbie sings "I spread my broken wings and fly." However, I read three reviews last night, as well as whatever information the band had on their www and fb pages, and there is no mention of it being a concept album. I posted a comment to their fb page about the lyrics being so dark, and I've seen where Flo occasionally responds to folks out there; maybe I'll get lucky and he'll respond. 

This is a statement of faith, literally, from Herbie in 2008: http://breedingchaos.blogspot.com/2008/08/herbie-langhans.html

I may post to the fb site and "invite" him to come on the forum here and share. I'll wait until the CD has been out for a while though; maybe some answers will have "come to light" by then (no pun intended).
Musically I love the CD. Fast, a lot of power and rhythm, excellent vocals, and quite unrelenting. 50+ minutes of raw power! LOL!   Headbang  And the lyrics haven't gone the route of being offensive in any way, certainly not satanic or hedonistic or anything like that. I can listen to these songs just like I can listen to some of the more questionable Iron Maiden (yes Kerrick, there are some IMO Smile ) or Blind Guardian songs ("ok guys, I don't agree with what you are saying, but I don't find it offensive and I love the tune, so carry on").
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.   New Sinbreed coming.  Video now added. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sinbreed coming. Video now added.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: