Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Menchen thread.

Go down 
+7
LRW
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Driven
Staybrite
Redeemed Fool
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

The Menchen thread.  Empty
PostSubject: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 4:04 pm

What are your favorite releases by this prolific guy? I love Menchen, wish he'd do another. I listen a lot to Titanic's Full Speed Ahead also.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 5:56 pm

No one?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 8:37 pm

I'm a huge fan of the first Menchen album "Red Rocks" and I also really dig the last Titanic album "Full Steam Ahead" and the second Menchen album.  Bill is a fantastic guitarist with a distinct sound.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:25 pm

I honestly think Red Rock and Dominion And Power were his best 2000s-2010s releases. Killer production, tone, songwriting, everything. Tony Franklin really embellished Red Rock.

As to Full Steam Ahead, very good songs, but the production is a bit loud and muddy. I hope that can someday be fixed.

Also, I have the first two original Rev Seven albums. They have more of an Ozzy sound to the vocals, and while the production is pretty thin, the guitar tone is pretty cool and the riffs are great. I did a few riff videos a little while ago, but I need to re-record them because my playing is very sloppy.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:46 pm

I loved both of the Final Axe albums, all three Titanic ones with the third being my favorite, and both Menchen projects.  Seventh Power is good, but it is rather hit or miss for me.  I'd love it Bill were to hook up with the dude from "Full Steam Ahead" and do another Titanic record in that sound.  To me, that was the best he's done with the first Menchen project being a close second.

The original Rev Seven projects would also have been in that favorites list if the sound were fuller.  When he redid these songs to modernize them, Bill made several lyrical and musical changes that should not have been done.  In some of the songs, the changes hurt the song in my opinion.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:32 am

I totally agree about Rev Seven, some production for a bigger sound would make those killer. Haven't heard the redos but I trust you there.
For awhile he seemed to always have something coming out but now he's been quiet for a while.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 9:26 am

I love his Final Axe albums.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:16 am

I like the first Final Axe, the second not as much.
Seventh Power is good musically but I find the vocals distracting.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am

I'd say for me it's a toss up between Titanic and Final Axe.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 3:49 pm

He's working on an album called Blues Metal Trance, which is a mix of blues, metal and trance. (shocker)
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Trance? Really? Ugh.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 4:54 pm

I feel the same way.  This will probably be the one project by Menchen that I won't be getting.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 3:43 pm

I'll actually be playing four songs featuring Mr. Menchen on my show this Thursday evening.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:39 pm

That's cool Through The Dark Radio.
Back to top Go down
LRW

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 12:41 am

I really enjoy Bill's work... the guy's got some monster riffs. One thing I've noticed is that when I'm ready to listen to his material, I end up listening all the way through his albums, and then I take a break for a good while. It's kind of like a feast or famine deal with his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 6:46 am

Everything I hear by this guy all sounds the same to me. I've tried Menchen, Titanic, Final Axe and The Seventh Power and it could all be the same band, and it all sounds the same. And as much as I like Robert Sweet's drumming, it is consistently too high in the mix.

I have the first Titanic album (reissued) and Full Steam Ahead. I can listen to and enjoy those once in a great while, but I have no interest in anything else by Menchen.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:32 am

I like his tone and playing but it does make all the projects sound too similar. I also don't care for his vocals after a while so I prefer projects with other vocalists. Like several others, Full Steam Ahead is usually what I'd pick out as my favorite.

Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:58 am

I can understand that it has some of the same sound, it is the same guy writing most of the stuff. I agree about having other vocalists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Leaning towards the Seventh Power albums...
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 9:50 pm

I really loved Red Rocks, and mostly because of Ken Redding from "His Witness" vocals. Most of Menchen's stuff just sounds too processed for me. And sorry, but Robert Sweet doesn't add much for me.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Yes, I agree that "Red Rock" is my favorite release from the artist.  Titanic's "Full Steam Ahead" stands out as does the first two The Seventh Power Albums.  I really do not mind Bill Menchen's vocals (yes, many are better and I prefer it when he brings in an outside vocalist such as Redding, but otherwise feel he does a good job vocally).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 7:21 am

I don't mind his vocals, but they do become rather monotone sounding after a bit.  He needs to try a bit more range just to keep things from sounding stale.

Using outside vocalists for Menchen's projects is pure gold.  The Titanic albums, especially the 3rd one, stand out as do Final Axe.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Menchen thread.    The Menchen thread.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Menchen thread.
Page 1 of 1