Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The X-Sinner Thread

Go down 
+6
Redeemed Fool
rockerVu2
Driven
Hardkore
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

The X-Sinner Thread Empty
PostSubject: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:00 pm

It'd be cool to learn more about this classic old band born in the 80s. 

I know a little bit about them, but would love to get more info from anyone who knows more:

Formed in 1988 by guitarist Greg Bishop. 
David Robbins did vox on the '88 Demo and '89's"Get It". Where is David Robbins now ? Did he work with any other bands ? Why did he leave the band ?

Album stats:
Demo 1988 - these songs ended up on Loud & Proud + 2 some 20 years later.
Get It 1989- David Robbins
Peace Treaty 1991- Rex Scott. This album has demos of earlier songs with different titles and choruses.
Loud & Proud 2001- contains both unreleased songs and different versions of songs from their 1st 2 albums.
Angry Einsteins 2003 - creating a more mainstream album with no deadline and with a strong departure from their signature sound. This was more of a fun project by the band than anything. 
Fire it Up 2006- basically a re-issue of Peace Treaty with guitars either re-recorded or remixed. 
World covered in blood 2009- 11 all new songs (finally)

Now, who here has more info to add ? Band info, insights, trivia, or just opinions ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Dave Robbins and Rex weren't even the only lead singers for the band.  If you check the liner notes on "Loud & Proud" it features at least one other interim singer on a few songs.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Where is David Robbins now ? Did he work with any other bands ?

I do know that he did the vox on the title track to Mastedon's It's a Jungle out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_a_Jungle_Out_There!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:46 pm

Ooh interesting ! Now that's the kind of info I'm looking for.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I do know that he did the vox on the title track to Mastedon's It's a Jungle out there.

I believe he does the lead vocal for one other track on that album too.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Well, of course, Rex Scott is currently fronting GX, and X-Sinner is dormant.

X-Sinner has toured eastern Canada on several occasions.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 3:28 am

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. The info at the wiki link only mentions the one song tho'. I would pull out my old cassette and read it but the print is so small that I would need a magnifying glass nowadays...and I don't have one.

Just found the page for it at HeavyHarmonies. It also only mentions the one song.

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=33&CDName=It%27s+a+Jungle+Out+There

Quote :
Personnel Coni Gayle vocals {9)
Dave Amato vocals (2,7,10)
Dave Pack vocals (9)
Dave Robbins vocals (1)
Perry Lee vocals (4,Cool
Dino Elefante bass, guitar, keyboards, vocals (3,5,6)
Jimmy 'Flim' Johnson Bass
John Patitucci fretless bass (9)
John Pierce bass
David Raven drums
John Elefante vocals keyboards, guitars, drums
Phil Rowland drums
Dave 'Pittsy' Amato guitars
Steff Burnbaum lead guitar (6)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 8:53 am

What a good idea to start a thread like this.
What makes me Crying or Very sad is that X-Sinner has announced their last album.
I hope this album ever will be released.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 10:02 am

What I need is to get Get It on CD and Vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. The info at the wiki link only mentions the one song tho'. I would pull out my old cassette and read it but the print is so small that I would need a magnifying glass nowadays...and I don't have one.

Just found the page for it at HeavyHarmonies. It also only mentions the one song.

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=33&CDName=It%27s+a+Jungle+Out+There

Quote :
Dave Pack vocals (9)
Dave Robbins vocals (1)
Perry Lee vocals (4,Cool
John Pierce bass
David Raven drums
Phil Rowland drums

Wow, coulda sworn it was two songs.  Might need to listen to that one this weekend.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Hardkore - come visit me and I'll let you listen to mine: Laughing

The X-Sinner Thread 0_cd_n10
GET IT on Cd and Vinyl (framed of course)

The X-Sinner Thread 0_cd_n11
Both Mastedon's -had the cassette of Jungle for years, until last year when I replaced the tape with a vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 3:29 pm

I know where G/F's Jungle tape is right now… Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 3:32 pm

Pretty cool X-SINNER interview:

http://www.rockunited.com/just19_xsinner.htm
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Interesting interview indeed, also an odd set of questions.  I found this very interesting, didn't know they were the first artist to record on Pakaderm.

Quote :
Were you ever a "priority" case or merely just another release at your record label?
We were the first release of the label. The label was just a production company at first (meaning they had a studio and made records for other labels). When they took the next step, becoming a label, part of their pitch to potential investors was we (X-Sinner) were going to be their first band. So in a small sense they built their label on us.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 8:42 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Hardkore - come visit me and I'll let you listen to mine: Laughing

The X-Sinner Thread 0_cd_n10
GET IT on Cd and Vinyl (framed of course)

Maybe someday,in the mean time I may settle for the digital download. I imagine it is a lot cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 11:48 pm

Is it wrong the only album by them I have is Fire It Up?

Last edited by Redeemed Fool on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 12:11 am

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Quote :
Dave Pack vocals (9)
Dave Robbins vocals (1)
Perry Lee vocals (4,Cool
John Pierce bass
David Raven drums
Phil Rowland drums

Wow, coulda sworn it was two songs.  Might need to listen to that one this weekend.
I've verified the accuracy with my J-sleeve.  It's only 1.

My cassette as 2 Side B's printed on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 7:04 am

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Is it wrong the only by them I have is Fire It Up?

Nope, it's all I have too. But I do have both from GX.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 7:58 am

Very interesting interview.
Good you have found this and has post it Guilty/Forgiven.

Hardkore, sometimes you can buy the X-Sinner CDs via Brent Miller's merchandise list.
Those CDs are expensive.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 9:35 am

I have all of these on CD:

Get It
Peace Treaty
Angry Einsteins
World Covered in Blood

I wish we would see at least one more project from this band but it seems like it is no longer a priority for Rex Scott.  What I don't get is that they aren't in a hurry with X-Sinner because of digital piracy.  However, he can crank out two and soon to be three GX Projects and isn't concerned with piracy with this project.  I think it is a way he puts off fans to keep from telling them that X-Sinner just isn't a priority anymore.  That's my thought.  I could be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

I had but did not keep "Light It Up".  I just didn't care for it.  All this project ended up being was the original final mix of "Get It" with a few overdubbed guitar parts over it.  This way, the band could claim it was an original mix and master so that they could reissue their music.  It was a little underhanded to me as they could have either bought their masters from Word or done a full re-recording like Stryper has.  Just to slap a bit of paint, so to speak, over what Word/Pakaderm had released is a little sneaky to me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 11:21 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Hardkore, sometimes you can buy the X-Sinner CDs via Brent Miller's merchandise list.
Those CDs are expensive.

Yeah, at Brent's page he has it listed for $35.

http://brentschristianrockmetal.com/

I've seen it on ebay for around $25.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 11:53 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I have all of these on CD:

Get It
Peace Treaty
Angry Einsteins
World Covered in Blood

I wish we would see at least one more project from this band but it seems like it is no longer a priority for Rex Scott.  What I don't get is that they aren't in a hurry with X-Sinner because of digital piracy.  However, he can crank out two and soon to be three GX Projects and isn't concerned with piracy with this project.  I think it is a way he puts off fans to keep from telling them that X-Sinner just isn't a priority anymore.  That's my thought.  I could be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

I had but did not keep "Light It Up".  I just didn't care for it.  All this project ended up being was the original final mix of "Get It" with a few overdubbed guitar parts over it.  This way, the band could claim it was an original mix and master so that they could reissue their music.  It was a little underhanded to me as they could have either bought their masters from Word or done a full re-recording like Stryper has.  Just to slap a bit of paint, so to speak, over what Word/Pakaderm had released is a little sneaky to me.

Since I never had the original I couldn't compare, however when listening to Fire It Up I could tell they just dubbed over the original tapes. yes tapes, because there was no remastering done, at leas to my ears. Fire It Up has a terrible tape hiss.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 6:24 pm

My X-Sinner collection... so far.
Not sure I'm all that interested in the other albums as they are mostly the same songs already on these albums. Eh, maybe someday, if I can find them for a good deal.

The X-Sinner Thread Xsin10
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 9:34 pm

Angry Einsteins gets a lot of flack by diehard metal fans due to it's alternative, AOR groovy sound. But it's really a well-put-together under-appreciated album. Granted, it's not ACDC metal, but it has a charm all it's own.
In the liner notes: "In 1996, Rex, Rob, and I decided to do a more mainstream project, which we called the 'Angry Einsteins'. We named the project as such because we saw ourselves as 'mad scientists' in the studio, creating and writing the music as we went along. There was no deadline, no time limit, just a relaxed attitude of doing 'a little bit here, a little bit there'.... we tried to create a recognizable vocal signature throughout the disc... " Greg Bishop
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 1:24 am

Great price for anyone who ain't got their first album !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-sinner-Get-It-CD-Christian-Metal-Xian-Rare-Pakaderm-1989-/361002874807?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item540d72b7b7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The X-Sinner Thread   The X-Sinner Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The X-Sinner Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next