Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not The Right Band

Go down 
+7
kerrick
rockerVu2
Redeemed Fool
Guilty/Forgiven
BearDad
Hardkore
Staybrite
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:05 pm

THERE IS A NEW ANGELICA ALBUM OUT!!!!

Ok, while that is technically correct it isn't what you (and I) were hoping for (Frontiers records just released an album from the secular artist Angelica Rylin, and her album is simply titled with her first name).
http://www.amazon.com/Thrive-Angelica/dp/B00EZPCYPA/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_1

I know this has probably happened to you before (Guilty/Forgiven has lamented this to me a few times).  You think something is coming out from one of your favorite classic Christian metal/rock bands only to find out it is a new band/artist using the same name.

Here is another one "Recon" ...and no it isn't the classic Christian metal band you remember (from what I can tell it is a secular metal-core band).
http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Viper-City-Recon/dp/B001A4MN8C/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1392310582&sr=1-2&keywords=recon

Have all the good band names been used up or something?  Or are newer artists just too lazy to research the past and see if a artist (who actually released music on a real record label) has already used the name....or possibly they just don't care.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm sure there are some good names out there if they would use their imagination some.

What about what happened with the record studio when they realized they signed the wrong Tempest.

Plus I have come across secular bands with names that Christian bands used to have, albeit sometimes spelled slightly different. (Mastedon,Mastodon)
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:06 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Or are newer artists just too lazy to research the past and see if a artist (who actually released music on a real record label) has already used the name....or possibly they just don't care.

Considering the lazy (Me!?  Work!?), microwave (I want it NOW), and conceited (it IS all about me!!!) society we live in, definitely this.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:28 pm

They need to start using those "Name Generators"  - I think a much more exhaustive list could be created and they could use only words that are not currently used or combined in any bands, so as to not infringe or repeat names...
(I'd post an example here, but some of the words are naughty  Shocked  )

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/2012/05/31/daily-picdump-475/heavy-metal-band-name-generator/
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 3:06 pm

Why would they care? Really, most christian band have such a small audience it hardly matters to these other bands.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Why would they care? Really, most christian band have such a small audience it hardly matters to these other bands.

Well if a secular band named themselves "Bride" and started getting tons of e-mail about:
"old "Bride" albums they never recorded", "why is the band calling it quits", "repent from your heresy before it's too late".....I would say after awhile they would care.
 Laughing 

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Sometimes a Christian band with the same name as a secular band can be very confusing.
I'm sure there are more Christian bands and secular bands with the same name.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Possession comes to mind...  The original Possession is a pretty anti-Christian band and one of the pioneers of death metal.  I'm surprised the Christian band called themselves that, especially since they play death metal too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:25 am

I'll have to find it, but there is another band called Rage Of Angels.  When I first found out about them, I thought that they had gotten back together and had done a new CD.  I was greatly disappointed when I discovered that was not so.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:05 am

There's a German Creed and a Creed in the US.
The German band is Christna, the American band not really.

About Apostle there's the band of Matt Harding and a secular Apostle.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 11:19 am

There's actually at least two bands named Venia - a Finnish power metal band and an American hardcore band.  Unfortunately, there's only one iwrestledabearonce.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:21 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
There's a German Creed and a Creed in the US.
The German band is Christna, the American band not really.

About Apostle there's the band of Matt Harding and a secular Apostle.

There was also a band in the mid-80's called Apostle that was not Matt Harding. They opened for either Petra or Rez once (don't remember which) and I used to have their CD.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:02 pm

I think that's the secular band Apostle BearDad.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 8:25 pm

There is also another Scarlet Red and they let you know right off the bat with a disclaimer they are not the 80's Christian band. There are also TONS of Ultimatums out there.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:56 am

It's funny that Christian bans and secular band have the same name.
Only the lyrics are complete different.

Are ther more Christian and secular bands with the same name?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:39 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
There is also another Scarlet Red and they let you know right off the bat with a disclaimer they are not the 80's Christian band. There are also TONS of Ultimatums out there.

I have seen a few other Ultimatums on the web.

Staybrite

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:43 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:

Are there more Christian and secular bands with the same name?

You should find this interesting.  Another "Siloam", and they are also a Christian band.

http://www.amazon.com/This-Is-Night-Siloam/dp/B003VW3GOG/ref=sr_sp-atf_image_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392496906&sr=8-1&keywords=siloam+this+is+the+night

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:56 pm

I remember a long time ago getting so excited about finding a new Deliverance album I had never even heard of in a local record store only to discover it was a Black gospel choir.

I've also seen Blind Guardian confused with Guardian in several places, although I do not know why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not The Right Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not The Right Band   Not The Right Band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not The Right Band
Page 1 of 1