Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old song that made me laugh today

Go down 
+3
Redeemed Fool
Through The Dark Radio
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Old song that made me laugh today Empty
PostSubject: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 10:17 am

Was listening to a shuffle of every Audio A album when this CLASSIC silly song came on... love the creativity and how it makes you imagine the whole thing in your mind. Guys were geniuses ....

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 10:30 am

Old song that made me laugh today 0034_16
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 10:36 am

Huzzah for Chick!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 10:57 am

Old song that made me laugh today 0034_12

scratch   ROTFL jocolor
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 11:03 am

"Moving from proteins to animate objects, repeated experiments have shown that plants respond positively to classical forms of music, actually growing and flowering faster than if there was no music at all. Conversely, more dissident forms of music, like heavy metal, can actually retard growth and even kill the plant."  

Eric Holmberg referring to David Tame's The Secret Power of Music (Destiny Books, 1984) p.34
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 11:20 am

Old song that made me laugh today Hithere  Old song that made me laugh today 3596

Deliverance conspiracy !!!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 1:14 pm

That quote about dissident forms of music is whack, as if classical isn't dissident at points. Metal and classical often have much in common.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 1:26 pm

We had an anti-rock speaker come to our church when I was in high school.  The only thing he said (which made us really laugh at the time) that turned out to be true was that Rob Halford of Judas Priest was gay.  Even then he didn't come out and say Rob was gay, he just posed the question: "Why is this man dressed like a 1950's homosexual?"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 1:44 pm

That song was hilarious I've never heard it before.

What Chick tract did those first few images come from, it's not the same one as the "Hi There!" tract?

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 3:22 pm

I like the "I love um" quote Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 3:36 pm

Chick Tracts = Hate Mail

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 5:42 pm

Oy Vey... in my very "young and ignorant days" of following Christ (and being a cartoonist/artist myself), I totally loved Chick publications... as time went on and I read and discerned the obvious with this kook, I began to understand that God can use an ass, and I'm sure he's used His Word that's within these tracts, and I hope others who read these tracts grow in their understanding too. 
But yeh, I was ALL into this dude's publications - even went to his office to meet him, and the front office chick* said "he doesn't meet with people". I was like, ooookay. 

So to answer your question Staybrite: The tract's name is "Angels ?"  - - about a Christian rock band called "Green Angels" who get stiffed by a Pastor, so they complain about going no where in their band, then Satan comes to them disguised as an agent, signs them up and they become HUGE in "Christian" rock- only to begin dabbling in homosexuality and drugs, etc. Your typical JTC comic tract. Designed to get readers to buy their books on anti-rock/ anti-Christian rock/pop (which I own btw - they're horrible... poor Michael W Smith, they tear him apart !)

Basically, it's great material for the 1611KJVonly website dude... I think he uses JTC's art on his website, doesn't he ?

* pun intended
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 6:07 pm

I don't know why but I am totally infatuated with Chick tracts. I mean, I don't go out of my way to joint the JTC fan-club but anytime I see one I am totally drawn into it and must read it all the way through. It might have something to do with the fact that I had never even seen a gospel tract until around 2007/2008 when someone introduced me to Ray Comfort's "Way of the Master" teaching and I saw a few of his (I have one of his million dollar gospel tracts). It was probably close to a year later when I saw my first Chick tract. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen, and the message in it was far from kooky or Pharisaical. It was only later when I had read a few of his more controversial tracts that I realized some of his ideas might be a little on the "over-bearing" side. To this date I have probably only read a few dozen of them, and yes some of them seem less then perfect, but I have read a few that seemed spot on.
I live in one of the most liberal and un-churched states in the union and we almost never see gospel tracts here (I was nearly 40 before I ever saw one). So I am delighted whenever I get a chance to read one.

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 6:24 pm

Yeah, we pretty much live in Sodom eh?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 10:22 pm

Well, being OCD, I had collected every tract he ever made (at the time up to 1994) including his books, and all the books he endorsed and sold as part of his Chick Publications.

Granted he's right on with the basic tenets of salvation, and his Theology is mostly spot on - he has some glaring difficulties to look past (mind you, I have all his books and read them through and was once "on-board" with him back in the very early 90s):

You must accept that ALL versions of the Bible are inspired by Satan himself and that the ONLY Bible version that is perfect and God-breathed is the 1611 King James Version. He actually refers to all other Bible versions as corrupted and tainted by the Catholic Church.
The Catholic Church is responsible for every conspiracy out there, the Pope "runs" all the powers of the earth.
All rock and Pop music, including and ESPECIALLY "Christian Rock" is Satanic in origin and is part of Satan's conspiracy to draw everyone who listens away from Jesus. (Two of the books I bought from his catalog written by Jeff Godwin - that Chick also illustrates, even lays claim that Amy Grant, MWS, Petra, and anyone else you can think of from CCM to Rock are all pawns in Lucifer's hands to draw people away from Jesus and ultimately salvation - here's the kicker: Many of these artists KNOW that they're being used by Satan... chew on that a bit)

So, yeh, it's not just the house-plants in front of different styles of music that Chick is on-board with, he's the kind who believes there's a demon under every rock and behind every corner. He once published 2 books by self confessed ex-witches (he also illustrated their books) who said that physical objects contain demons, and that Satanists plant "workers" in every church around America to destroy them from the inside out.... total paranoia stuff.  

To me it's like the freaks who belong to the church that pickets funerals and says God hates gays... you may find that a lot of their doctrines line up with traditional Christianity... it's the PERIPHERAL stuff that's dangerous.

It's like taking a healthy bowl of God-grown fruits and vegetables... and sprinkling a little bit of arsenic on top.

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on 1/9/2014, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 10:24 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Yeah, we pretty much live in Sodom eh?
Indeed!  Twisted Evil

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 10:30 pm

I have some friends that are King James Onlyist and I have dug into a little bit of the "research" that led them to believe that they needed to get rid of all other translations.  Needless to say I didn't buy into any of it (most of it was paranoid "devil behind every bush" sort of stuff).

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 10:36 pm

Here's a few from my collection (I have several more, but I wish'd I woulda kept them all) -
These are his books that are as bad if not worse than that website http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/

The sad thing is, Chick has a LOT of good stuff, and even some good books that I totally agree with... but then we have these... the ones that say all other versions than the KJV are of SATAN, and that Christian bands like Stryper and Petra are Satanic and homosexuals  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 
Old song that made me laugh today 20140110
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/9/2014, 10:47 pm

Without getting into the incredible DEPTH of the studies into Biblical versions and manuscripts, I was a KJV only believer for the first couple years as a Christian.
It's easy to see why too. The arguments seem extremely valid... until you actually do some real research and read ALL views, middle grounders, extremists to both sides, and actual scholars who have held in their hands* and read and compared original manuscripts. I read several books on the subjects of versions, origins, manuscripts as well as books that were WAY over my head on the subject, where they actually compare the texts and try to explain the sciences behind Manuscripts. It's heavy stuff. But after reading all sides of the subject, I personally prefer to read from one version and in my studies I use several versions to help me better understand in our sad English language what was actually said back then, and what was actually Scripture and what was just a Scribal addition or deletion (btw, for the Deans out there: these additions and deletions didn't affect the text at all - wouldn't have changed the thought of the passage either way, and especially wouldn't have changed any doctrines whatsoever)

* figuratively
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/10/2014, 5:27 am

I used to be one of those more legalistic Christians who thought the KJV was the only version.  I had around 50 different Chick Tracts and often bought extra copies to leave in restrooms.  But, as G/G stated, I did a lot of reading and even began to compare some of the different versions on a side by side basis.  Sure, there were some things changed here and there as some of the old Greek (not the version used today) has a lot of words that can be interpreted different ways depending on just a little punctuation mark's addition or subtraction.  Depending what manuscripts you use, those little marks may or may not be there.  Anyway, as I compared them, I noticed that the different versions were not that far off.  While every verse did not read exactly the same, the thought by thought of the passage was still there.  I still like to compare versions if I consider buying a new one.

We don't see gospel tracts around here much either.  While I live in the buckle of the Bible Belt, there is a lot of hostility towards the Christian faith and Jesus.  OK, the liberals on the West Coast may have led the charge, but they have worked their way here through TV, music, politicians, etc.  The country has changed since I became a believer in 1988.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/10/2014, 5:31 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
You must accept that ALL versions of the Bible are inspired by Satan himself and that the ONLY Bible version that is perfect and God-breathed is the 1611 King James Version. He actually refers to all other Bible versions as corrupted and tainted by the Catholic Church.

KJV-onlyers beg the question: what about other languages? Is everyone else in the world stuck with a corrupted Bible because he/she readeth not the King's English?

Oh, and since we're talking about Chick, I downloaded an e-book called "Chick Tract Translator" from a guy who used to post at the CMR (and maybe here), 5minutes. I don't know if you've heard of it yet, but: http://boarsheadtavern.com/2011/11/21/the-completely-unauthorized-chick-tract-translator/
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/10/2014, 7:58 am

Yep, that's 5minutes all right.  He did those really well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/10/2014, 10:33 am

Thank you !!! I love parody and humor in this style ! 

I used to have a subscription to the Wittenburg Door magazine http://www.wittenburgdoor.com/
(DISCLAIMER - this magazine, while written by Christians, stabs at American Christian's sacred cows - They shred the faith movement, destroy Precious Moments, and demolish all those stupid things we American Christians are in love with) - for the most part, the magazine could be compared to a Christian MAD magazine... but though it's basis is Christian, even I've been offended by some articles (and it takes a lot to offend me)... Even the Wittenburg Door had a parody on Chick Tracts where Jack T Chick goes to hell or something like that... I'll have to dig out my old issues.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/21/2014, 1:24 pm

I used to be a total JTC devotee in my teens and early 20's.....  I owned what seemed like 100's of those tracks...

I had The Crusader comic books also...  Alberto, Spellbound....   all the anti rock, anti catholic, kjv only stuff..... plus many of the books pictured earlier....   

His theology on salvation was spot on but everything else was tenuous at best...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime1/21/2014, 4:44 pm

^ Perfect summary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old song that made me laugh today   Old song that made me laugh today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old song that made me laugh today
Page 1 of 1