Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crowder - I Am

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Crowder - I Am Empty
PostSubject: Crowder - I Am   Crowder - I Am I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 10:07 am

David Crowder has released a single from his new album (under the moniker of Crowder) Neon Steeple which is coming out in Feb. He has described it as folktronica sounding. I really like this a lot. Crowder was one of the first artist that I listened to that really got me into the worship genre (Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Kristian Standhill, etc). Looking forward to this release.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Crowder - I Am Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowder - I Am   Crowder - I Am I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:49 pm

I do like some CCM/Worship artists (very few though), but I have never been able to get into anything David Crowder has ever done.

Crowder - I Am Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowder - I Am   Crowder - I Am I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:53 pm

It's a decent song.  Pretty typical CCM. Crowder is a talent that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Crowder - I Am Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowder - I Am   Crowder - I Am I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:33 am

I think it's ok, but i wasn't blown away by it. On the other hand... The rest of the Crowder Band continued as The Digital Age and have released one of my favorite albums this year!
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Crowder - I Am Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowder - I Am   Crowder - I Am I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:59 am

I've never even heard of The Digital Age.

The Crowder song is actually kind of cool.  While the lyrics are his usual and so is the main chord progression, I do like the use of the banjo in the song.  It gives it a multi genre feeling.  This could be pop, it could be considered a worship song, or it could go as modern country.  Hats off to David for finding a spot that only a handful of artists can find between genres.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Crowder - I Am Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowder - I Am   Crowder - I Am I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:37 am

The Digital Age is pretty good. Somewhat of a departure from the DCB. However, they do have some songs on the album where I listened and think that Crowder should be on vocals. Its a good CD if you want to something a little different. Here's one of their songs from the album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crowder - I Am Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowder - I Am   Crowder - I Am I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crowder - I Am
Page 1 of 1