Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... Empty
PostSubject: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:28 am

So I've got Dave Ellefson's "My Life With Deth" on pre-order, and can't wait to sit in a comfy chair and read that one. I also ordered Mustaine's memoir from a couple years back.

This got me thinking, "are there any other good reads I'm missing on or about Christians in the Metal scene" ?

A while back I read "Raised By Wolves" the story of Christian rock- Great book.
I'm considering buying "First and Forgotten: The story of Christian rock's neglected pioneers as told by the artists themselves", but it doesn't look that interesting... maybe someday on that one...

When I was into secular music (still listen to a lot of secular music, but I'm not INTO it anymore, I'm INTO Christian music) I had read several biographies and autobiogs. But now I really want some good reads like Brian Welch's book "Save me from myself"

Any recommends ??
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:14 am

anyone ?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:39 am

"First and Forgotten" Very Happy

It's actually a good read.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Ok, I ordered it just now. You better be right Wink
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Don't forget Michael Sweet has one due out soon.

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Ok, I ordered it just now. You better be right Wink
*snicker* I can't believe he fell for it . . . wait, did I just type that out loud???? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:39 pm

lol! 
 wait, what ??!!!?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Don't forget Michael Sweet has one due out soon.
Definitely wanna read that !
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 7:14 pm

Eric Clayton "Savior Machine" .... journals .... you can purchase from Matt Hunt at Retroactive/Brutal Planet.... makes for some interesting reading.... R rated due to language..... fyi....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:36 am

Thanks for the recommend... I've never really given SM a chance, and what I've listened to, I didn't care much for... so a book by/about them would be low on my list. But thanks anyways !
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:29 pm

So this is my latest stack of reading. Finished Raised by Wolves - I give it a B+. Great read
I've been reading the "Sounds Like..." book for some time (it's a book that you have to experience, not just read... which is why it's taken me a long time to get through it - oh and it's not a Christian book btw, but very interesting nevertheless). Currently reading "First and Forgotten" - Love it so far, 2 chapters in just today and I'm really digging the insights and stories and interesting facts. Great recommend guys, thanks !
Up next on my list will be Mustaine, then Faith.God.Rock+Roll book. Who knows, maybe I'll do some reviews when I finish all of them. I'm a slow reader though, so it may be a month or so.

Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... Books10
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:46 am

Glad you enjoyed Raised by Wolves.  I thought it was a good read as well.  And First & Forgotten is very insightful.  The chapters on Barnabas' members are interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Last night I pre-ordered "My Life With Deth" by Dave Ellefson. It'll come just about on my birthday - perfect timing.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:05 pm

I'm just envious you can find so much time to read!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Well, in my pre-family days (daze) I was an avid reader and went through tons of books, mostly apologetics and doctrine books.
Fast forward 17 years and now my wife has gotten back into her reading (she's totally into "whodunnits" -mystery novels with lots of forensic stuff and good guys who solve the murder at the end), so now we read every night for like 2 to 3 hours a night instead of watch tv. I love it !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...   Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me find some good METAL/ROCK reading...
Page 1 of 1