Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A good year for metal............ (and rock)

Go down 
+6
7thSecond
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
eternal sanctum
Fundy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

A good year for metal............ (and rock) Empty
PostSubject: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:55 pm

I don't buy as much as I used to, but this year seems like it's gonna be good. Maybe not loads of albums, but they seem to be pretty exciting releases!

SAINT - Crime Scene Earth
9/10 Great album. Not as good as The Mark (that'll be pretty much impossible to my mind - saint = end times = saint = revelation = tribulation = saint etc...) but still a wonderful album that proves Saint can still write some excellent stuff.

SEVENTH AVENUE - Terium
9.5/10 I still consider this better than Eternals, and I've no doubt this will be my album of the year. It's been said that SA don't have many hooks in their songs, and whilst I can understand that to a degree in regard to their earlier albums, both Eternals and Terium have some great hooks. I can't get track 13 out of my head at the moment!

Albums that are coming out......... and that I'll be buying........

STRYPER - Murder By Pride
Personally I don't think they'll go for the 80's (or early 90's) sound of the past, but do something in between Reborn and Against The Law. It'll be a very good album, and a frequent player, but I'm not sure it'll be as good as THWTD. Only time will tell!!!!!

X-SINNER - World Covered In Blood
Gotta say I'm getting more and more excited about this album. I know a number of people have been rather cautious about the vocals and saying it all sound ropey and raw, but to me it sounds great. It really has the Get It feel to it (My favourite X-Sinner album) and the rhythm is there in bucket loads!

MISSION OF ONE
Looking forward to Alldats next project and am eager to hear the completed CD sometime in the next few months. Take Another Swig has some great tracks on it, but Show Me The Way blew it out of the water - it was also really good to hear Scott singing on it. So I'm really looking forward to the new one.

There are others I may get, and some I may not know about (Bloodgood etc) but at the moment the ones above are the only ones I'll be buying definitely.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
eternal sanctum

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 5:01 pm

I don't know if I am even allowed to post this here but this is the best year that I can ever remember for metal and rock in teh secular scene. It seems to have made such a major comeback.

Last edited by topshot rhit on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Non-Christian artist list removed)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:58 pm

You know as well as anyone, Norm, that this board exist to shine a light on Christian artists. I have asked you to take the secular stuff elsewhere. That isn't what we do here. I don't mind someone bringing someone up from the secular scene for a sound comparison. However, I do not wish, and do not intend, to use this board to promote that scene.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:50 am

Some CDs who are high on my list are:

Mission of one, I am looking forward to listen how all the songs sound.
To read the lyrics to understand it all.
For me "Mission Of One" will be the third killer CD.
Yep guys I love them all.

X-Sinner, I am so curious to listen to the new album of this band.

Stryper.
I am realistic they guys are not the same anymore as when the released their previous albums.
They are grown, I hope first in their faith in God and show this in the lyrics of the new album.

Other albums I am looking forward to are Letter 7.
Ohh man their new samples are killers. They sounds vet gaaf.
(No Staybrite, it's not dangerous to listen to those samples) Very Happy
Red, I always loved their debute album and are curious what the made from their second album.

Last edited by avdb11 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:23 am

Sorry, Norm. Guess I'm not as nice as Chris.

There are always too many things coming out every year I can't keep up and this year is no different.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:40 am

There are a few that I am highly anticipating this year:

Stryper - Murder By Pride
X-Sinner - World Covered in Blood
Third Day
Kutless
Disciple
Mission Of One - S/T

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:48 pm

Are disciple releasing an album this year? I'll probably get that one too!!!!

Be interesting to hear what they sound like now (after the change!)

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 3:56 pm

They have posted bulletins at MySpace talking about an upcoming December release.

Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 5:38 pm

Like Norm I admit to mostly enjoying the good secular metal stuff that has come out recently. I do really like Kutless and quite a few other Christian modern rock and metal bands as well though. I'll definitely be getting the new Kutless as well as the new X-Sinner, Stryper and Seventh Avenue releases. Actually if Kutless would just cut out the really soft stuff they would rank as one of my very favorite bands. Actually this is true with almost all modern rock bands with me though. Besides those already mentioned, Christianwise I also eagerly await the new Incrave (Evergrace) and Letter 7. I've already gotten the new Saint and found it just o.k. Like some others have said I prefer quality over heaviness with them. I'm sure there will be many other Christian releases by years end that I will also want to pick up.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:02 pm

I do not think the new Theocracy has been mentioned. But I have no idea in terms of a release date.

I would also HIGHLY recommend Thieves & Liars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:18 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Already got this one to. It's pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:40 pm

Quote :
Actually if Kutless would just cut out the really soft stuff they would rank as one of my very favorite bands.

That isn't likely to happen. Sure, the heavier songs are gonna get us, and it's going to sell the CD to the kids. But, most people my age are gonna hear the softer songs on CCM radio. That probably sells the bulk of their CDs.

I think they could cut down on the number of softer songs, though. Put out a 12 song CD and have two light songs. That would be sufficient.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:59 pm

When I went to the Comatose tour Decypher Down opened with 2 brand new songs. Appears the album is done and is coming out later this year. I think the songs were called "Crash" & "Ride with It". All I know is they rocked pretty hard and I will for sure be getting this when it comes out. Those boys are good and know how to rock.

Speaking of Disciple. Not sure if anyone here is a wrestling fan (I am), but was wondering if anyone got the new WWE volume 8 disc. I ask because there is a new Disciple track on there called "Middle of it Now". Just curious how it sounds. Don't know if it was recorded when Joey & Brad were still in the band or with the new incarnation.

I think I mentioned my list before but here are some I am looking forward to:
Paul Alan (ex-Nouveaux)-Drive it Home
Red
Stryper
Decypher Down
Poor Mans Riches-Hopefully a new one this year
Disciple
The Ruled (formerly London Calling,featuring Jamie Rowe)
Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 2:33 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Dynamis wrote:
Already got this one to. It's pretty darn good.

Beyond good. I think this may be my album of the year. I can't get over how good this disc is...

I think the new Decemberradio disc is coming out this fall, if it continues in the vein of their first one I will be very happy.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 3:54 pm

kethdredd wrote:

I think the new Decemberradio disc is coming out this fall, if it continues in the vein of their first one I will be very happy.

Oh yes, I am anxiously waiting to hear that as well. I really liked their last album, lots of hooks.

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:42 pm

Also don't forget This Beautiful Republic supposedly in July
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 3:51 pm

I am looking forward to the new album of This Beautiful Republic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A good year for metal............ (and rock)   A good year for metal............ (and rock) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A good year for metal............ (and rock)
Page 1 of 1